It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Scary Statistics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Can you imagine working for a company that has a little more than 500 employees and has the following statistics:

29 have been accused of spousal abuse
7 have been arrested for fraud
19 have been accused of writing bad checks
117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses
3 have done time for assault
71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
8 have been arrested for shoplifting
21 are currently defendants in lawsuits
84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year
Can you guess which organization this is?

It's the 535 members of the United States Congress. The same group of idiots that crank out hundreds of new laws each year designed to keep the rest of us in line.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Well you have to put it into perspective. Those stats seem pretty tame to me. 3 out of 500+ for assault is very good. Most businesses fail. Spouse abuse is a big problem in this country. Everybody drinks and drive. The only scary thing I can think of is that one congressmen has done all of these things.... (CA?)

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
Those stats seem pretty tame to me. 3 out of 500+ for assault is very good. (CA?)

Where do you live in a prison?

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
3 outa 500 is good.....

but these are the leaders of our country

and no, ktprk does not live in a prison.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bushed
Where do you live in a prison?

. Still the statistics are pretty interesting. I didn't know it was that bad.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
And to think, those are the people representing us. THAT'S IT!!! I'm officially succeeding from the Union!

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Do as we say, not as we do! -Congress

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiabolusKlown
Do as we say, not as we do! -Congress

LMAO! No #.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
www.snopes.com...

Deny ignorance.

-B.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Can you imagine working for a company that has a little more than 500 employees and has the following statistics...

OK, I guess I'll be the one who spoils the party...

Even on the rare occasion when an E-Hoax does include specific details, they are most often distorted versions of the truth, incorrect or flat out made up. The following erumor regarding the U.S. Congress is an excellent example because of distortion of facts.

Although this doesn't say it, the statistics come from a series of articles written by the website of CAPITOL HILL BLUE (www.chblue.com). The article also covers both present AND past members of Congress, though the way it's written makes it appear as if the stats apply to the current Congress.
This was written by Capitol Hill Blue editor Jack Sharp, researcher Marilyn Crosslyn, and private Investigator James Hargill.

If you take into account that the U.S. Congress is one of the oldest legislative branches in the United States and has been around in excess of 225 years, these statistics suddenly take on a different appearance.

ss659.fusionbot.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl
If you take into account that the U.S. Congress is one of the oldest legislative branches in the United States and has been around in excess of 225 years, these statistics suddenly take on a different appearance.

ss659.fusionbot.com...

Great post intelgurl. Thanx for setting things straight.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl

Can you imagine working for a company that has a little more than 500 employees and has the following statistics...

OK, I guess I'll be the one who spoils the party...

Bravo, Intelgurl! Deny Ignorance! This kind of disinformation always rings a warning bell with its very neat and handy "statistics"...

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   

84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year

What about this?

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Ok, we all realize, thanx to Intelgirl and Banshee, that these stats imply some skewed perspective ideas. That plus the fact that there is a phrase that says, "There are three types of lies in the world. White Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics!"

However, I'm sure there are plenty of Horrific Facts & Illegal/Immoral Moves that aren't included here, yet. Most specifically though, to quote omega1 "but these are the leaders of our country
" That's what concerns me as well. We aren't talking about some run-of-the-mill car salesman, shop owner, Business Man, or blood sucking lawyer here. These men control the direction of all of our lives in a multitude of ways and should be living and acting appropriately. I know plenty of "Good" people with similar things you could label them with too. I wouldn't want them running the country either. We don't need "Good" Leaders & Officials, we NEED "Great", "Outstanding", "One-of-a-Kind" Leaders & Officials!! If that isn't possible then what the hell is the point???

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
if you think those statistics are surprising, i'd love to see the statistics for all the stuff TEACHERS get into...at a school i used to unfortunately go to, one teacher was dealing crack to his students and another one selling alchohol, and yet another raped a kd. schools the safest place huh?

top topics

join