It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the women who won't have babies - because they're not eco friendly

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Meet the women who won't have babies - because they're not eco friendly

www.dailymail.co.uk

Had Toni Vernelli gone ahead with her pregnancy ten years ago, she would know at first hand what it is like to cradle her own baby, to have a pair of innocent eyes gazing up at her with unconditional love, to feel a little hand slipping into hers - and a voice calling her Mummy.

But the very thought makes her shudder with horror.

Because when Toni terminated her pregnancy, she did so in the firm belief she was helping to save the planet.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I'd like to start off by saying... Darwin was right.

I'm all for reproduction rights, and if these people don't want to reproduce, I say more power to them. Voluntary measures such as this are little more than an interesting news story, but some of these people believe that their level of "green" should be imposed on the population at large. Then I have a problem.

On a side note, I do think that it would be a good idea to need a license to reproduce... For no other reason than to make shopping at WalMart more tolerable...

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

apc

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Could always shop at Targét...

I don't know why she needed to get sterilized. Her species has already evolved an ingenious means to avoid mating.

All they have to do is stand in a group!

I'm glad she thinks having children is selfish. I've known women like that, and they really should not be having kids. They ain't right in the head.

Her first husband probably figured that out.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This is a matter of personal choice we have soo many children in need of homes that are already in this world.

We also have children in this world with mothers that had not right to be mothers at all because they are not fit to care for themselves and neither a child.

Like I said is a matter of choice.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
People so focused on their agenda such as Toni amaze me. I would ask her what is the point of murdering her child in the name of the environment when she could have raised her to be another foot soldier for in the battle for a greener world?

Anyway I say, if you don't want kids then get sterilized. If you want them then become a foster parent or adopt one first.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I'm sorry, i was originally intended to make a post on how it should be pretty obvious that children are not economically friendly.

This woman appears a little hypocritical to me - at the age of 15 she was apparently vegetarian, and yet when she left school she went to work in 'retail'.

Considerate member of society or social parasite?

You decide - i don't care.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I don't know what Category she will fall, after all is not for me to judge the decisions of others.

We humans have a tendency to get into other peoples lives and judging other people's choices, as long as they do not brake the human made laws I don't care if she decides to live without her uterus or have it for lunch because she has not use for it.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
This is a matter of personal choice we have soo many children in need of homes that are already in this world.

We also have children in this world with mothers that had not right to be mothers at all because they are not fit to care for themselves and neither a child.

Like I said is a matter of choice.

Absolutely! And I respect the right of that personal choice when it goes no further than their own skin... Unfortunately these people generally feel that after saving the world from themselves that they must extend their crusade to the rest of us.

That, I do have a problem with.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Free Post for Me

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Every time I see someone stupid removing themselves from the bloodline, I smile.

[edit on 23-11-2007 by Johnmike]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnmike

There is a reassuring quality to this, and if true to their word this genetic aberration should resolve itself in a generation or two...

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Meh, I think theres a better approach... deny welfare to anyone with more than 2 kids...

we should see 80% of the dead weight out of our way within a month.

Give tax breaks to anyone without kids, because they're helping fight the overpopulation issue...

... and anyone who disagrees... kill them off too... we will still have too many people after the above steps.

lol. Good thing I'm not a dictator eh?

Those women aren't stupid. They're cause is just, but their method of going about it is futile.

We will overpopulate to the point of a major famine... the human race is too stupid to stop itself.

The worst part of it is, everyone seems to think it's a GOOD idea to produce many children.

Lets start by getting rid of THEM!

apc

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Can't really deny the welfare. It's not the kids fault the parents are irresponsible.

But I think a condition for receipt of welfare should be birth control by injection for the mothers and chemical castration for the fathers. It's the only acceptable deprivation of their freedom as they are being kept from harming their children, born and unborn.

Plus in my opinion people like this woman are actually an evolutionary response to overpopulation.

[edit on 23-11-2007 by apc]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Since an individual male can sire hundreds of children in his lifetime and an individual female can not come anywhere near that level of reproductive ability in her lifetime, then perhaps the majority of people you'd like to kill off should be male?

More on topic...this has got to be the most frivolous reason for abortion I've ever heard of. Let's kill off our future because we want to protest killing of whales or to save the rainforests or to protect spotted owls. I mean really people! This is what political correctness running amok looks like.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
It's good to see some have a sense of global reponsibility. It takes an animalistic ignorance to breed for the sake of doing so. I commend anyone that looks at the issue critically.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
This discussion is bollocks. We do have too many people on this planet and there's no end to it.

I agree with Sanity Lost; if you want children, then take care of the one's without parents first.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Why not plan to send the excess people off to colonize other worlds instead of killing them off in ridiculous wars? It's more efficient and profitable if we'd just send them off to another place to expand our species, is it not?

TheBorg

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Absolutely! And I respect the right of that personal choice when it goes no further than their own skin... Unfortunately these people generally feel that after saving the world from themselves that they must extend their crusade to the rest of us.

That, I do have a problem with.

This knife cuts both ways. There are people who resent the fact that places like the US are so relentlessly focused on children.

Children ad nauseum gets old, fast.
-----
Some posters in this thread are pretty judgmental and should be ashamed of themselves.

[edit on 11/24/2007 by PrplHrt]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Her life.

Her body

Her beliefs

Her choice.

Provided she doesn't try and force her beliefs on anyone that doesn't already subscribe to them through manipulation, coertion or force then its;

End of story.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
What I can't understand is why, with all the products out there to prevent pregnancy and coupled with her 'green stance', she got pregnant in the first place.

Ridiculous.

Like a bank robber, who, after pulling off a perfect 'job', decides to give the money back and join the local police department.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join