It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there age limits for participation on ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I personally think that the age limit should be 16 or 17. There is some heavy stuff on here. A lot of stuff needs some life experience to get your head around. Not for legal reasons, but purely for social responsibility reasons.

If i had a 13 year old i certainly wouldn't want them to be reading half of this site.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

I took a look at this thread and it reminded me of my own youthful traumas, specifically the assassination of JFK and the looming threat of nuclear war.

People of my age grew up under an atomic cloud that had serious psychological effects on us. I remember just groaning inwardly when my parents told me about the looming threat of Red China. The international threats were very depressing to children of a certain age during the 50's and early 60's.

Children can start to feel smothered and oppressed by gargantuan political problems. I'm sure that large numbers of children everywhere in the world today are negatively affected by political strife. Hopefully they will be able to make lemonade out of the lemons of their early experiences.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I don't think there's any difference anymore. I know this 15 year old girl from australia on a star wars board. she's a true genius and types like one too. it's amazing what she does. So I don't think it's too bad for a 13 year old kid to come up with new and fresh ideas.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

People in my age group grew up with the threat of a nuclear holocaust and I personally was convinced that I wouldn't live to see 17. But, here we are 20 years later and I'm no worse the wear for it.

I think it's just plain tough being a teenager.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join