It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if ET's aren't Extra Terrestrial at all?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   
What if Aliens are actually an intelligent, humanoid species that lives under water? What if the "sinking" of "Atlantis" was actually a planned submersion of a large place that they were living on, above ground, which they wanted at the bottom of the sea for some reason? Whether the Atlantis bit is true or not makes no difference.

I was watching a show the other day about how we've only explored 1% of the deepest portions of the world's oceans. That there are trenches that go hundreds of miles down, below the sea level. So deep that we are just now, in 2007, becoming able to search small portions of depth this level with our underwater observation machines.

On this particular show, they were talking about the hydrothermal vents at the bottom of the deep. This big chimney looking things coming up out of the sea floor, with sulphur rich water constantly pouring out of them, into the water around and above them. Before you get to the vents, the sea floor is almost devoid of all life. Then when you come upon the vents, there are millions upon millions of sea animals and creatures of the weirdest kinds ive seen in my life down there. And we only know about 1% of them. There are also lakes of super-saline rich water on the sea floor, yes thats right, lakes on the sea floor, not just holes but lakes with a discernibly different kind of water in it, creating a barrier which looks like the surface of these lakes. I forgot how that happens, but the observation craft cannot even enter them, it bounces off of the tops of the lakes, due to the saline. no one has any idea what lies below these. saline is related to salt, correct? salt preserves, correct? just one area we could explore..

But what I am getting at here is, it seems more feasible to me that the ETs we see and the craft that they fly are actually created by beings that live in the deepest depths of our ocean floor, that evolved intelligently underwater much in the way humans evolved INTELLIGENTLY above water. If you think about it, every above ground had its' equal in the depth of the waters. You had Sea-Dinosaurs, then you had your Giant-Crocodiles, Giant Great Sharks, Whales that are extinct which we can only guess the size of, gigantic fish, small group predators, species of varying degrees of intelligence and ability, some which can communicate with each other (dolphins for example). For everything on land there was always a sea equivalent.

Except for mankind. Even monkeys have an equivalent, the plethora of smaller, cute cuddly looking sea mammals like sea lions compare to them well. So why isn't it feasible, or even really talked about as a major theory, that just as something intelligent with a conciousness formed on the Earth, so would something equally or greater form under the Sea? I think it's totally feasible, and even much more likely than our visitors being from outer-space, due to the constraints we currently know about with space travel.

Also, what of all of the sightings of UFO's "seemingly diving" into and out of the ocean, as well as lakes, as numerous people have witnessed time and time again?

There's also massive pockets of water deep below the Earth's surface, and channels of water, this is how we got the "well". So a rocky, tectonic plate-splitting area like the American West which is very dry on the surface has alot of water deep below and in those mountains. I've heard of people claiming that humans and aliens are working together secretly out west in underground facilities. Wouldnt it be more feasible that the "aliens" were seen flying into the mountains and craters and cracks because they knew where it lead, to an underground, underWATER, "facility"?

Some of the drawings of Ancient Astronauts or "Gods" depict them as Fish men, almost as commonly as the depiction of the Bird men. Now wouldn't the Bible start making alot more sense if these underwater dwellers surfaced (beast from the sea) and declared war on human kind? wouldnt that give a new literal meaning to "the pit" , "the depths" , hell being "under the earth", etc? I'd add lake of fire but I see a lake of fire as lava covering the surface of the Earth, so it doesn't get counted.

I've just been giving it alot of thought lately and find it more feasible than them being from a far-away galaxy, or even from a far-away solar system within our galaxy. It would explain the physically frail features of the "greys", the big dark eyes, the pale skin, the lack of speaking from the mouth, etc.

I mean, we dont know WHAT is down there. There could be freaking ancient species of huge ass creatures that we would definitely consider sea monsters from hell down there! We've only seen one percent, keep that in mind.

What would you call that .. an Aqua-Terrestrial?

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 05:52 AM
link   
What if indeed.

This theory, or shall I say perfect base for a fictional movie/book/game/story/whatever, has been around for quite a while. The deep ocean is a dark and mysterious place that can hold just about anything and everything you can imagine.

One of my favorite PC games of all times is still UFO: Terror From The Deep.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   
sounds quite plausable like tthe stuff in lake vostok or the theories concerning oceans on europa. Reminds me of the film "The Abyss" actually.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
in fact, id go so far as to say that we being on dry land and being this evolved is probably a rare sight in the universe.

i bet the majority of intelligent, more evolved beings and creatures out in the universe are living in conditions like .. completely submerged in water or other liquids. because theres more water than land on Earth, and if the Earth's history was just a wee bit different, the events that happened millions of years ago, the most intelligent thing on Earth might be an underwater creature.

obviously we see with dolphins the intelligence potential, and the wide range of evolution that takes place under water is insane, there are so many weird and varied species of creatures that you could never think up in your wildest dreams down there.

i just think its so nicely kept away .. the deep sea, all we see from up here is the surface of the water, and we cant stay under for too long. so it would be the single most likely place for another intelligent being to evolve on this planet.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Good question.

It's not clear if liquid water is prevalent out there on other planets. I would guess that planets having vast oceans would not be common, but I agree about other life forms arising in oceans. Conditions tend to be moderated by large bodies of water.

As far as a large race of beings inhabiting underwater niches on Earth, it seems unlikely because we do not see any indirect evidence of them, their waste products, culture, or activities.

Just as with cryptids, you really need to have a substantial breeding population. You can't just have one or two Nessies.

I think it would be evident by indirect means if there were other sentient beings living on the ocean floor.

Ordinarily, such creatures would want to live in the epipelagic zone or mesopelagic zone - areas where there is other life, algae, plankton and some light filtering down rather than in the deep ocean, unless they were specifically hiding.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Right, well, everything we know is that the rays of the sun, even if filtered down to a lower amount, are needed for life.

But at the same time, there are creatures that live on the deepest parts of the sea floor as we speak, some are even attached like tube worms which look like plants. and these never get any sun light, being miles and miles down there all the time, yet still live. There are even millions of microscopic, plankton like things living all over the hydrothermal vents themselves, covering them except for where the uber hot water and sulphur rushes out from. That is what keeps the place warm, not the sun. I don't know whats down there but .. i bet there are some very strange large creatures we know nothing about at the least.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I've had similar beliefs for quite a while. This was especially the case after I saw an excellent program on USO (Unidentified Submersable Objects) on the History Channel. A large amount of UFO sightings take place on or near large bodies of water. There are countless sightings of UFO's entering and exiting the water. There are even reports of these objects "stalking" naval vessels during exercises, almost as though they are spying on what is taking place. This was especially the case when our first nuclear-powered naval vessels hit the seas.

It's just a hunch of mine... but I think that most, if not all, UFO's originate from Earth. Whether they come from some hidden species or advanced humans who live somewhere in or under Earth, or whether they are just extremely advanced government aircraft, is beyond me. But if we are to believe that advanced alien races can travel millions and millions of light years just to fly around our little planet and occasionally abduct some of us, then is it that far fetched to believe that there could also be advanced life forms living below the very oceans that we have hardly even explored yet?

I often wonder why we spend so much money exploring space when we still have so much of our own planet left to explore. That's not to say that the exploration of space isn't important or necessary, it's just that I think we tend to undervalue the importance of searching for things right here at home.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Doonesbury has all the answers. Our dogs whisper in our sleep to do take over the world suggestions at night. They will have us on the leash soon.
RUFF!

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by runetang

I used to entertain that idea alot. UFOs going underwater and entering some underground base below the continental shelf. This certainly eliminates all the problems associated with space travel. I guess, in short, what I like about your theory is the close to home nature of it.

My UFO theories seem to always evolve into something new as I continue to gather more knowledge and data. Sometimes I'll leave one theory in favor of another yet find myself discarding the new theory in favor of older ideas.

Currently I find myself thinking a little bit closer to home. I have come back to the "flatland" analogy where I imagine our reality on a 2-dimensional surface. Our whole perception is this 2-dimensional world yet there lies another reality very very close to us, if we could just find a way to "flip the paper over." We are stuck to this 2-dimensional surface like flies on flypaper and thus the warping of it's geometry affects us via "gravity." Somehow I feel these beings are from "the other side" of this paper and are able to vector around in any direction and thus are not bound by the warping of this paper's geometry like we are.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Can you point me to where you're getting the info of trenches hundreds of miles deep below sea level?

As far as I can find the deepest part of the ocean is Mariana Trench and it's 7 miles deep.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
What if ET's aren't Extraterrestrial at all? Well then I suppose they would be Terrestrial.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Well i imagine that if there were 'alien' esque beings on planet earth that we'd probably wage war on them.

Aliens from outer space are bad enough - aliens from different countries are a threat to national security.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by runetang

That there are trenches that go hundreds of miles down, below the sea level.

Hundreds of miles? The last I knew, the deepest spot was Challenger Deep in the Mariana Trench, at 11,033 meters.

Mariana Trench

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I guess I foobar'd that bit, it's only 35k or 36k feet deep.

I just saw something the other night on the Science Channel that said the deepest portions of our oceans are completely devoid of sunlight. Moreover, that sunlight effectively does not reach those depths in any fashion that would be .. I dunno .. measurable?

And yet, where there is heat there is a way, as the depths, of which we've only mapped out 1% of, explode into wild and exotic life on this same sea floor where the suns rays do not pierce near the hydrothermal vents.

I will say this much, the chances of their being a race of humanoids is slimmer than I originally thought when making this post, however..

I think that there is a greater chance of their being some other, non-humanoid intelligent life form down there that can possibly communicate with others like it, and who knows.. perhaps it can even reason and rationalize. But instead of looking like us, it could look like something from the movie Dune.. lol

[edit on 11/25/2007 by runetang]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
It's plausible that there could be another civilization living on earth below the oceans.

I know dolphins are very intelligent and some even think they are sentient beings.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Well if ET's aren't Extra Terrestrial at all then there's no such thing as an ET. Don't know about aliens being real because it's all theory and story telling to me. Until I see an alien then everything in the sky that's UFO is just another terrestrial craft made by our own brain power.

[edit on 11/25/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
It has to be dark down there and this would explain their large pupils. Our pupils can dilate to adjust for light but theirs maybe fixed.

[edit on 25-11-2007 by cloakndagger]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I thought I would mention a theory on thermal vents that I saw a show about. It was talking about how thermal vents might posses properties such as worm holes in space. It was an interesting concept.

I think the show was on the Discovery or National Geographic channel, but I can't recall for sure. It was fairly recently though.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloakndagger
It has to be dark down there and this would explain their large pupils. Our pupils can dilate to adjust for light but theirs maybe fixed.

This is one of the things that got me thinking. I wondered, why on Earth are they so pale & grey .. like a deep sea fish without much color to it. And their eyes, so massively big and black, as if .. their vision capabilities had to adapt in some weird manner, perhaps into a thermal-oriented vision that detects heat more so than the vision we have, since they have hardly any light whatsoever, but spots of extreme temperatures, down in the deepest parts of the sea floor.

Also, they did officially find water on Mars, and there is strong evidence of water beneath the surface there as well. There are also many strange anomalies on the surface of the planet that would suggest a very complex and deep underground network of caves, tunnels, channels, and flowing water!

If this is so, one could assume that perhaps Mars wasn't always so barren on the surface, that something happened, either abrupt or over a period of time, causing whatever life on the surface to go underneath or die. Maybe they're actually from Mars but are an evolution of what was once some simple surface life form millions of years ago, much like we have evolved according to science, except underneath the surface of Mars, in or around water. They could be aquatic *if* their ancestors went to the water to survive.

With our massive plentiful oceans of water, it would make *perfect sense* of the visitations and sightings; obviously they'd be extremely interested in our water and our planet, and could have posed as Gods or Angels in the ancient past (AAT). It could also tie in with the tale of Atlantis. But this would also mean they could be planning to move in permanently, at which point .. we'd have ourselves a problem!

Originally posted by philosopherrose
I thought I would mention a theory on thermal vents that I saw a show about. It was talking about how thermal vents might posses properties such as worm holes in space. It was an interesting concept.

Whoa, I didn't see that show! I wish I did, that would give me a bunch more ammo for this thread, I must've missed it. Sounds extremely interesting though.

If there *are* intelligent beings on the sea floor, or visiting ETs on the sea floor, I would not be the least bit surprised to find out their location was along the 33rd parellel latitude. Some strange channel of Earth energy flows along the 33rd.. dont ask me what it is.

[edit on 11/27/2007 by runetang]

top topics

join