It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Astronauts Evidence

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   
When approached from a sterile position, where there's no preconception, either for or against the ancient texts, a set of trails appear that are in every single ancient text (or nearly every single ancient text), and the only reason a person wouldn't understand or notice it, is due to simple prejudice against all the other possibilities. the roman church wasn't entirely wrong, either, they were just prejudice enough against the other data, that they threw out the baby with the bath water.

today we are told we are being unscientific because we don't agree that the ancient histories are pure mythos, a perspective that was itself, born out of prejudice and lack of knowledge.

for example, the criticism was that humans could not be created in way other than via the birth process of a woman's womb, so creation stories were false.
that man can't fly, therefore stories of angels, men and gods, flying here and there, were false. and this goes on and on.

the next problem is, there were some big changes in world history prior to the time. for example, the library at alexandria was burned down countless times. each time taking most of the accumulated knowledge of cultures other than the Grecian, Holy Roman and Pagan Roman empires. also, prior to that, the Sumerian flood, not only eradicated Sumer, it wiped out much of their history. to this day, we still believe they built only mudbrick ziggurats with simple interiors, during sumer, when it was obvious from their own texts (found some 4700 years later), that at least Enki and Enlil had temples composed entirely of metal, and in the case of Enki's temple, it could float on the water, hover, give advice, had a door that could snatch a man, roared, shone so brightly it lit up the area, had an interior that was a tangled thread beyond understanding, and so forth)

the arguments presented against the case materialize in the form of calling Akkadia the same thing as Sumer, which of course it wasn't. The timeline is hosed up badly.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Good read undo.

Come to think of it: Should civilzation be wiped out again, where will all the data be that has accumulated in the internet? Probably gone as it is not carved into rocks.

The biggest libraries today are probably the Vatican Library and the Library of Congress. How easy would it be to destroy all of it? Very easy. A single bomb could be enough.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   
One more note on the abydos-picture:

Providing a link to an egyptologist (mis)INTERPRETATION of the abydos helicopter, submarine, tank and plane neither proves me wrong, nor the evidence "debunked" nor does it prove me a liar. Saying a few pages later "ah well, thats been debunked too" is plain wrong.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Good read undo.

Come to think of it: Should civilzation be wiped out again, where will all the data be that has accumulated in the internet? Probably gone as it is not carved into rocks.

The biggest libraries today are probably the Vatican Library and the Library of Congress. How easy would it be to destroy all of it? Very easy. A single bomb could be enough.

Yeah, not a very comfortable thought. i recall receiving an email one day from a lady who was very distraught after reading my ebook "The Anunnaki and the Abyss." She agreed with most of it except the part where I wouldn't disengage from the spectre of Yeshua (Jesus). It was hard for me to understand how she could read and agree with a prophetical text written about and as a result of Yeshua, and yet, not believe in Yeshua. I felt it was another case of throwing out the baby with the bath water.

Anyway, to calm her down, we talked about what had her so upset to begin with. Apparently, she said she was a member of a tribe of Israel that had been basically labelled evil by the tribe of Judah in biblical times, and that from that time, they had been harrassed and stalked to the ends of the earth by the judah "jews" and the holy roman church. She claimed to have past life memory from several lifetimes in which she was either near or directly in, jewish territory and her fate directly influenced by it in a negative way. and that she remembered all the times she'd been killed by them, raped by them, and so forth. I thought she had lost it, at that point. But she was completely serious.

It was at this point that she said something very bizaare, in an excited, emotion filled voice.... she said "We have to get you on the ark!" I was like.. "what ark?" And that's about when the conversation ended. I considered the entire thing to be just a case of a hysterical person, but it dawned on me that there may indeed be groups planning some "evacuation" procedure or survival scenario for what they perceive to be end of the world scenarios. hopefully, if they think it's so emininent, they'll take the time to secure as much data as they can.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Oh my so much to comment on

One more note on the abydos-picture:

Skyfloating you refuse point blank to acknowledge that the inscription is an inscription or that it is a repaired and damaged inscription, since you cannot read Egyptian writing it appears to you as "pictures" to those who can read the H know you are mistaken - its as simple as that.

Howdy Undo

Question: How does the Byzantine empire and later German "process" effect say Sumerian Cuneiform taken out of the ground in the last 100 years?

Undo could you be so kind as to specifically state which Sumerian story has that story about the metal thingy? I've read every known piece of Sumerian literature and don't recall that - its not - dare I say it - Sitchin stuff is it?

Library of Alexandria - not everything was destroyed before it was written about, comments on the catalog give us an idea of what was in the Library, as a number of writers wrote about what was in it.

www.perseus.tufts.edu...

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Skyfloating you refuse point blank to acknowledge that the inscription is an inscription or that it is a repaired and damaged inscription, since you cannot read Egyptian writing it appears to you as "pictures" to those who can read the H know you are mistaken - its as simple as that.

You refuse to see reality for what it is. Egyptologists cant even translate it because its not a language at all. You repeating "its an inscription, its an inscription!" will not make it go away.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   

You refuse to see reality for what it is. Egyptologists cant even translate it because its not a language at all. You repeating "its an inscription, its an inscription!" will not make it go away.

C L A N G : A mind closed and welded shut to a the point it laughable

Of course they can translate it - you have been given that information more than once - but you refuse to see it.

What won't go away is the intense closeness of your mind, but Egyptology works on evidence and science so your refusal is moot.

You remind me of guy who cannot read Mandarin and yet says a Chinese sign in mispelled! LOL

My last name in Arabic looks exactly like a Greek Trireme - yet it is not, if found by a Skyfloating type person they'd say its a picture of a trireme - yet it is not, its a name.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
the photoshopped image you are talking about

the actual image untouched

one text carved on top of another picture shows both texts

the whole text

the glyphs in situ

the translation

The text is part of the titulary of Ramesses II and can be translated as "The one of the Two Ladies, who suppresses the nine foreign countries." This replaces the royal titulary of Seti I that was originally carved into the stone. More technically, the actual "helicopter" seems to be a portion of the psd.t sign and the X3s.t sign on top of each other, with portions missing. An apparent change in scale also mucks things up.

this is actually listed as a hoax on Matthew Hurley u.f.o. artwork page

www.ufoartwork.com...

click on Hoaxes & Misinterpretation and click along to number seven

even serious ufo believers and reserchers have debunked this.

only someone who doesn't have a clue about the following would think it was anything else
1) Egyptian Hieroglyphs
2) Egyptian culture
3) context
4) empirical data
5) common sense

guess thats you then skyfloating as you are about the only person unknowledgable enough on the net to still think this shows anything other than Hieroglyphs

you might want to consider that for you to claim this is what your beleaguered imagination tells you it is is to ignore everything that is known about writing as well because no langauge in the history of civilisation puts things such as this in a piece of writing which is about something else entirely

it would be like writing

today I had an amusing HELICOPTERS conversation with a complete SUBMARINE idiot. he was insisting on something so SPACESHIP ridiculous that everyone who heard him say BATTLE TANK it suddenly realised what a crank he DRAGSTER really was and how ludicrous his understanding of JET AIRCRAFT anything historical really was

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

Hey, i used to be a big old skeptic, how times change =]
As far as wild imaginations go, sometimes those crazy hallucinogens can win you a nobel prize!

FRANCIS CRICK, the Nobel Prize-winning father of modern genetics, was under the influence of '___' when he first deduced the double-helix structure of DNA nearly 50 years ago.

www.mayanmajix.com...

'___'+Crick*Wild imagination=breakthrough

There is a brew prepared by the shaman of south America called ayahuasca ('___') which they consume to transport them to the spirit plane; they believe they encounter intelligent entities that pass on information and in some cases give the shaman or person whom drinks the brew a new name. Some shaman have even described what these entities look like, funnily enough, some of the entities looks like the ET Greys we are familiar with. Also, the pineal gland in our brain is supposed to produce '___' based on some peoples theories.
Ayahuasca
'___'
Pineal gland

Lets not forget the famous Einstein and his opinion about the imagination.

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”

thinkexist.com...
Now, where would mankind be without an imagination?

As for the Dogon story, dont you find it fascinating that at the very least, they knew of the companion star? Maybe they had wild imaginations as well =]

Some more Einstein imagination quotes

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
“Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions.”
“The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.”

Taken from above website

edit to add:
is this photoshopped as well? AbydosWall

and also, are the ancient hindu 'myths' of Vimanas photoshopped as well or the result of that ever wild mind?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 28-11-2007 by rapturas]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
so you are saying that people who take drugs see aliens
why am I not surprised

if you actually studied the Crick Watson story you would realise that he actually stole the idea

An enduring controversy has been generated by Watson and Crick's use of DNA X-ray diffraction data collected by Rosalind Franklin and Raymond Gosling. The controversy arose from the fact that some of the data were shown to them, without her knowledge, by her estranged colleague, Maurice Wilkins, and by Max Perutz.[39] Her experimental results provided estimates of water content of DNA crystals and these results were most consistent with the three[40] sugar-phosphate backbones being on the outside of the molecule. Franklin personally told Crick and Watson that the backbones had to be on the outside. Her identification of the space group for DNA crystals revealed to Crick that the DNA strands were antiparallel, which helped Watson and Crick decide to look for DNA models with two polynucleotide strands. The X-ray diffraction images collected by Gosling and Franklin provided the best evidence for the helical nature of DNA. Franklin's superb experimental work thus proved crucial in Watson and Crick's discovery.

Prior to publication of the double helix structure, Watson and Crick had little interaction with Franklin. Crick and Watson felt that they had benefited from collaborating with Maurice Wilkins. They offered him a co-authorship on the article that first described the double helix structure of DNA. Wilkins turned down the offer and was in part responsible for the terse character of the acknowledgment of experimental work done at King's College. Rather than make any of the DNA researchers at King's College co-authors on the Watson and Crick double helix article, the solution that was arrived at was to publish two additional papers from King's College along with the helix paper. Brenda Maddox suggested that because of the importance of her work to Watson and Crick's model building, Franklin should have had her name on the original Watson and Crick paper in Nature.[41] Watson and Crick offered joint authorship to Wilkins which he turned down at the time, but which he may have subsequently regretted. (Franklin and Ray Gosling submitted their own joint 'second' paper to Nature at the same time as Wilkins, Stokes and Wilson submitted theirs, i.e., the 'third' paper on DNA.)

Gurkha, flying a swift and powerful vimana
hurled a single projectile charged with the power
of the Universe. An incandescent column of
smoke and flame, as bright as ten thousand suns, rose with
all its splendor.

It was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic
messenger of death, which reduced to ashes the entire race
of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas.

The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable.
Hair and nails fell out; Pottery broke without apparent cause,
and the birds turned white.

...After a few hours all foodstuffs were infected...
...to escape from this fire the soldiers threw
themselves in streams to wash themselves and their
equipment."

Dense arrows of flame, like a great shower, issued
forth upon creation, encompassing the enemy...
A thick gloom swiftly settled upon the Pandava hosts.
All points of the compass were lost in darkness.
Fierce wind began to blow upward, showering dust and gravel.

Birds croaked madly... the very elements seemed disturbed.
The earth shook, scorched by the terrible violent heat of this
weapon.
Elephants burst into flame and ran to and fro in a frenzy...
over a vast area, other animals crumpled to the ground and died.
From all points of the compass the arrows of flame rained
continuously and fiercely. "

this piece of text that you linked to doesn't actually exist. It most likely was completely fabricated by David Hatcher Childress. here is the online Mahabharata. Please try to find that piece of text anywhere in it
www.sacred-texts.com...

the Dogon didn't know about the companion star
this has been proven
the missionary who reported it did
you were given the link to the information but didn't bother to read it
CLANG another supposedly open mind closes forever

your credibility rating is zero
please reboot and start again

[edit on 28-11-2007 by kerkinana walsky]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kerkinana walsky

thank you for pointing all this pieces of information out but to be honest, i wont take your word for it, i will have to look into it a little bit more as I know for a fact, people put out disinformation/misinformation to knock people off the right track! and I may well be wrong BUT, i will die trying =]

edit: Oh and PS, I really don’t mind being made out to be a fool with zero credibility, as long as it is proven that I am indeed a fool =]

and regarding hallucinogens, why is it that people from all walks of life seem to share similar experiences of the universe, entities etc? is it in our genetic makeup?

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

yes, we´ve already established that, using occams razor, we dont buy the explanation of "glyphs overlapping" on the abydos picture. Lets keep it simple and take it as what it is. There is no "hoax" here either as the pictures simply show what they show. There is no "photoshopped manipulation" necessary either as the original picture shoes pretty much the same. Why put so much effort in trying to disprove the obvious? Dont waste your time on that, me and other people with eyes to see are not buying it.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rapturas

Concerning Crick: Some people will try to dig out mud and dirt on any respected scientist that defends the ancient astronaut theory. Its best not even to respond to that kind of stuff because it does not intend to examine theories put forward but to tarnish reputations.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

yes, we´ve already established that, using occams razor, we dont buy the explanation of "glyphs overlapping" on the abydos picture. Lets keep it simple and take it as what it is. There is no "hoax" here either as the pictures simply show what they show. There is no "photoshopped manipulation" necessary either as the original picture shoes pretty much the same. Why put so much effort in trying to disprove the obvious? Dont waste your time on that, me and other people with eyes to see are not buying it.

theres no we
its just you
serious ufo researchers dont take that claim seriously
apparently even they know more about Egyptian hieroglyphs than you do
tell me where did you study ancient egypt from ?
what sources have you used to get to the bottom of the abydos glyphs
please provide a comprehensive list of those sources or admit you don't know what youre talking about

btw Francis crick does not support the ancient astronaut hypothesis so you got that wrong too

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rapturas

Read my piece on page 7 "how to distort reality" for more information on some of these "debunkers". I have found some real and highly respected skeptics and debunkers on ATS, but these distorion-hungry fact-deniers are not part of them.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerkinana walsky
Francis crick does not support the ancient astronaut hypothesis so you got that wrong too

why does every second post you make contain disinformation? Crick has publicly stated that he thinks it is possible that life on earth was seeded by an ancient spacecraft.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerkinana walsky
btw Francis crick does not support the ancient astronaut hypothesis so you got that wrong too

a little (imaginary) bird told me, you are wrong, god damn birds =]

edit:Another little birdie told me that ATS has its fair share of disinfo squadron, I wonder who they work for.

Cosmic Wisdom 101....
You will find that people who have the knowledge tend to talk in riddles, and specifically cannot keep the stories straight... listen to Boyd Bushman videos on YouTube...

Why? Simple... they have to be careful how much they can really say... and try to keep the impression that they are a little on the crazy side... Watch the body language... listen carefully for the 'clues'...

Now I KNOW what is real ... why? because when you ask the right questions you will find answers...

The skeptics NEVER will get this... because they are so sure they are right that they will not even look

But also if you do not do the research to double check (as best as possible) that what xxx. me or anyone says, then you would just be a 'believer' and still have no real knowledge and be no better off than the skeptics... and be just as ignorant.

Rule #2

Once you start on the track... stick with it and look for key points and record them... Do not share everything right away you will sound foolish...

Bide your time and gather the facts... then put it out in an orderly fashion...

Rule # 3

Deciding WHAT to say and WHAT to keep to yourself...

This is a tough one... you want to 'tell all' but eventually you come to a point where you know too much and talking about it can make things happen..

Spoken by a wise man.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
right I see so anyone who doesn't immediately agree with you is part of the global conspiracy to hide the truth and the reason you are continuously being made to look like you don't know what youre talking about is because you do and you advise the taking of hallucinogenic drugs to prove it

really I see why you're so paranoid now
did you seek medical advice yet ?

now we're 8 pages into this pointless thread and you still havent produced any evidence at all

are you likely to at some point or are you just wasting everyones time trolling again ?

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Lol im not indorsing the use of illegal hallucinogens nor am I claiming you to be a disinfo agent BUT, even you cannot deny that there are people out there that put out propaganda/missinfo etc. Therefore it is down to the individual to do their own research and deduce from the facts they find and form an opinion as its only best an opinion. Did you ever speak to the ancients? How can you know for a fact that you are 100% correct? None of us can and things don’t add up for me (maybe im bad at maths) so I will continue with an open mind. and you seem to force your opinion on people as if it was 100% fact.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I'm also advising people to look at the evidence
the solid evidence
not the made up fabricated evidence pushed by people like skyfloating who havent done the research themselves
I'd happily debate him if it would prove anything

you want to lose another debate skyfloating or you got some excuse why you can't face it ?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join