It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Astronauts Evidence

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Oh and here is the full text - don't you feel the full text really makes it sound "real"?

After the water of creation had ben decreed,
After the name hegal (abundance) born in heaven,
Like plant and herb had clothed the land,
The lord of the abyss, the king Enki,
Enki the Lord who decrees the fates,
Built his house of silver and lapis lazuli;
Its silver and lapis lazuli, like sparkling light,
The father fashioned fittingly in the abyss.
The creatures of bright countenances and wise, coming forth from the abyss,
Stood all about the lord Nudimmud;
The pure house he built
He ornamented it greatly with gold,
In Eridu he built the house of water-bank,
Its brickwork, word-uttering, advice-giving,
Its... like an ox roaring,
The house of Enki, the oracles uttering.
(Follows a long passage in which Isimud, Enki¥s counsellor/prime minister, sings the praises of the sea-house. Then Enki raises the city of Eridu from the abyss and makes it float over the water like a lofty mountain. Its green fruit-bearing gardens he fills with birds; fishes too he makes abundant. Enki is now ready to proceed by boat to Nippur, where he will obtain Enlil¥s blessings for his newly built city and temple. He therefore rises from the abyss

When Enki rises, the fish.... rise,
The abyss stands in wonder,
In the sea joy enters,
Fear comes over the deep,
Terror holds the exalted river,
The Euphrates, the South Wind lifts it in waves.

Enki in the shrine Nippur,
Gives his brother Enlil bread to eat,
In the first place he seated Anu (the Skyfather),
Next to Anu he seated Enlil,
Nintu he seated at the big side,
The Anunnaki seated themselves one after the other.
Enlil says to the Anunnaki:
" Ye great gods who are standing about,
My brother has built a house, the king Enki;
Eridu, like a mountain, he has raised up from the earth,
In a good place he has built it.
Eridu, the clean place, where none may enter,
The house built of silver, adorned with lapis lazuli,
The house directed by the seven lyre-songs given over to incantation,
With pure songs....
The abyss, the shrine of the goodness of Enki, befitting the divine decrees,
Eridu, the pure house having been built,
O Enki, praise!"

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
this is what you said:

Undo could you be so kind as to specifically state which Sumerian story has that story about the metal thingy? I've read every known piece of Sumerian literature and don't recall that - its not - dare I say it - Sitchin stuff is it?

I responded to it. If you don't like it, it's not my fault. Blame it on the guys that translated it. notice, nowhere in your original question did you say -- which sumerian story about the metal thingy proves your belief that they were real metal thingies? instead you asked: which Sumerian story has that story about the metal thingy? I've read every known piece of Sumerian literature and don't recall that - its not - dare I say it - Sitchin stuff is it?

and i proceeded to show you. more than one example, in fact/

so then you switched the topic to ... oh i already knew that, but why do you believe it?

hello? what an evasive question. might i ask why you don't believe it? was gilgamesh real? if not, why are they currently digging up his city, atm?

i mean, if they don't want people to realize the stuff is real, they should quit digging up the proof, out of the ground.

[edit on 28-11-2007 by undo]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Howdy Undo

I have no problem with the translation at all - imaginative people the Sumerians - or I wonder if the tale was originally (S)Urbardian?

I do have a problem with people cherry picking stuff out of an ancient civilization religious myths and then claiming it was part of the Sumerian reality.

Oh and on common ground I'm glad to find someone who also thinks Sitchin is incompetent, however most acredit him with the Sumerian gods were aliens concept.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   

imaginative people the Sumerians

Ah, so if you can't explain it, it's a fantasy, eh?
If it doesn't agree with your paradigm, it doesn't exist?
The Earth is really the center of the Solar System, the Greeks
couldn't write, Troy never existed, and the sumerian gods were
just good ole boys from the Alps.

[edit on 28-11-2007 by undo]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I do have a problem with people cherry picking stuff out of an ancient civilization religious myths

We're not supposed to quote entire texts, only excerpts, and then link the rest of it, which I did.

You asked. I took the time to answer your question with supportive documents with links to accredited universities and accredited scholars, and for my work, you ignored my answers, accused me of things I had no control over (like not being allowed to copy and paste entire texts here), misrepresented your original question, pretending you knew it all along, and that I was obviously misunderstanding you and misunderstanding the texts.

That's pitiful, really.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Howdy Undo

The only pity is you misinterpreting lovely Sumerian lyric prose into some sort of reality (selectively) using those parts of the material that supports what you want it say.

Is there some reality in that prose? Yep it mentions real cities just like Homer puts his story into a framework of reality of the Greek world in around 1100 BC. Troy probably (a very high probablity) existed but I highly suspect that Greek Gods weren't running around in human form spearing Greeks.

Here is a question for you to ponder.

You are saying that Sumerian Myth is actually history, it is real - is that so?

So if this material is all real can you point to actual Sumerian Myth?

Or are you claiming that the Sumerians are the only culture on earth that DON'T have myths.

Please give us an example of pure imagination based Sumerian religious myth.

What is your criteria to divide myth from reality?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
That wasn't your original question though. And here you are, digging an even deeper hole. It doesn't matter what I believe, as far as you're concerned. What matters is what the texts say. You can selectively choose out what you believe to be legit and so can I. You choose to believe the places and people existed but their mention of gods to be false and their mention of metal buildings, to be false and so on. That's your choice. But it was never your original question. Your original question claimed you knew all about sumerian texts and yet you had no idea that there were references to metal temples, and suggested that therefore, you hoped I wasn't basing it on Sitchin's work. I caught ya with your hand in the cookiee jar. Just bow out gracefully.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kerkinana walsky

You havent responded to why you first say crick changed his mind about starseeds and then doubt he even mentioned star seeds. Did he never mention it, or change is mind about it?

You havent responded to metaldemons questions concerning your credentials since you keep questioning ours.

You havent responded to Undo`s elaborations on supressed knowledge.

You havent explained why you think I am afraid to face you, since that is what I am doing on a near daily basis here.

And it seems you have misunderstood crick.

Since we, as humans, would have the technological ability to seed Mars with life and terraform it, it is not a far stretch to assume that its possible that the earth was seeded and terraformed in the same way we are able to do it with Mars. At the moment its only a question of budget but someday it will no doubt happen.

Before going into another tirade of insult and attack, how about responding to some of the actual posts?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
It's a pity because I happen to believe there IS some evidence for AAT but the moment you try to deceive people, your whole body of evidence is tainted.

Again, I am doing my best to gather valid data and reasoning for AAT.
My statement you quote from the debate forum was a rather humorous one. To twist it to mean that "i dont believe in the ancient astronaut theory" is inaccurate. I think this thread has made it obvious what i believe and dont believe.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enrikez

There is no way someone from the 16th century would have any idea of what that was describing. It's the same with flight. If a 16th century archeologist (I'm just throwing 16th century out there as a number) found something describing space travel or flight, he wouldn't be able to translate it because he wouldn't have the requisite knowledge to relate it to.

What the TS is saying is that maybe it's time to look at these things again, with our new understanding of what's possible in physics and see if there is any evidence that would cause a revision to the thinking of ancient peoples and their relationship with their gods.

Thanks for contributing some logic and clarification to this thread.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Howdy Undo

Sorry no that wasn't my point, my point you were (as I understood your message) to say that in reality there were metal flying building in Sumeria. I called you on that.

You were referring to myth as reality

So what is your criteria to determine which is myth and which is reality?

Also I have that other question for you - if all myth is real - where is the Sumerian myth?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
choose to believe the places and people existed but their mention of gods to be false and their mention of metal buildings, to be false and so on. That's your choice.

Thats what Ive always wondered. Its one of the questions that originally got me interested in the ancient astronaut theory: Why are historians, translators and archaeologists always taking names, places, cities, events to be true, but the accompanying tales of Gods and Flights to be myth?

The answer is: Because they filter their perception to only accept what they believe is possible and safe.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Well Skyfloating lets look at modern myth

Lets look at Harry Potter

Would you agree that the story of Harry Potter is Myth? ie that flying broom sticks, trolls, magic etc are fake? Its a story right?

Is this tale of imagination place into a context of modern England?

Does modern England actually exist?

Does the actual existence of the UK prove the existence of Harry Potter and his magical world?

Take this analogy and apply it to ancient myth....and what do you get?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Thats what Ive always wondered. Its one of the questions that originally got me interested in the ancient astronaut theory: Why are historians, translators and archaeologists always taking names, places, cities, events to be true, but the accompanying tales of Gods and Flights to be myth?

The answer is: Because they filter their perception to only accept what they believe is possible and safe.

Incorrect answer. Its because they use an evaluative view of the then current technology, society and science along with all the archaeological discoveries to come to a conclusion about what is plausible.

Are they influenced by modern day? Well yes. Who wouldnt be? We worship gods just like the ancients did. But there is not one shred of actual proof for their existance. Is it plausible that God (Christian) exist? Not in an archaeological sense. The Pope can sit in his chair and preach God all he wants, that still doesnt change the fact that Man built the Vatican. And all the churches, monument and cathedrals. Hell Man even wrote (and revised) the Bible.

So really, its the age old argument of science vs religion. You may argue that they "filter" their knowledge according to perception. A religious zealot would argue that archaeologists are not allowed to make the decision on whether gods really existed since they only see the science of ancient man, not their faith.

Either way, the archaeologist get shafted. Poor archaeologist.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Howdy Undo

Sorry no that wasn't my point, my point you were (as I understood your message) to say that in reality there were metal flying building in Sumeria. I called you on that.

I DIDN'T say that, the Sumerians did!
What you don't like is that I actually believe it may hold some measure of reality. What can I say? All our ancient ancestors were lying eh? Do a little experiment. Assume for a month or so, that the texts are trying to tell you about real events, that are somewhat mixed up and dramatized by prose form, but basically true. Now go back and re-read every ancient text you can get your hands on.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Well Skyfloating lets look at modern myth

Lets look at Harry Potter

Would you agree that the story of Harry Potter is Myth? ie that flying broom sticks, trolls, magic etc are fake? Its a story right?

Is this tale of imagination place into a context of modern England?

Does modern England actually exist?

Does the actual existence of the UK prove the existence of Harry Potter and his magical world?

Take this analogy and apply it to ancient myth....and what do you get?

Yes, do that, and then apply the implications of that to every text written in this time frame. Every single one, across every civilzation and do that, for the next 7000 years at least, because that's what we are being told now, is the truth of it. That all our ancient ancestors were lying, confabulating and otherwise metaphorically describing their history.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
Do a little experiment. Assume for a month or so, that the texts are trying to tell you about real events, that are somewhat mixed up and dramatized by prose form, but basically true. Now go back and re-read every ancient text you can get your hands on.

Pff, it still doesnt stand a chance against modern movie mythology. Even the ancients would appreciate.

Just imagine if Plato where to say "LO AND BEHOLD, ATLANTIS!!!" in front of a 200" screen showing a fully animated 3D city of Atlantis in true HDR/pixel shaded glory, while the surround sound system in the amphitheatre literally made the floor rumble to some dramatic music.

They'd think his dialogue was pathetic in comparison.

[edit on 29-11-2007 by merka]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka

Pff, it still doesnt stand a chance against modern movie mythology. Even the ancients would appreciate.

They'd think his dialogue was pathetic in comparison.

What's your point? We weren't there but the authors of the ancient texts were. But we suppose, thousands of years later, that we know for a fact they were all lying, with big imaginations or simply worshipping planets and stars (that somehow came down to the planet, and taught them civilization and so forth. it's really amazing what an imagination can do to the official history books. just look at modern day history. )

[edit on 29-11-2007 by undo]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   
i think i need to clarify my position on this topic:

I do not agree entirely with the ancient astronaut theory.
For example, I don't believe that God is an alien in the sense of little grey guy, but I do think He's extra-terrestrial and other dimensional.
Rather, i believe the Anunnaki were the physical alien beings we think of as various angelic races, some of which were of a class known as the elohim. They make up the members of the "Divine Council" which was established following the Etemenanki (Tower of Babel) incident. There's a variation between some of the angels and others, based on events prior to that timeframe, and this is where the concept of "fallen angels" and "Satan" comes from.

Biblical texts refer to the angels as other races created by God. Some of them, I theorize, were on this planet before we were. There's more of course, but this is not the thread for it.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Merka and Hans:

Who decides what was "real" and what was "myth"? Who assigns the labels? Its surely no coincidence that anything fitting to our modern pre-conceptions of what was supposed to be real is labeled "fact" and everything not matching those presuppositions is labeled "myth".

Or in other words: Everything that is dull must be real, and everything that is interesting must be myth.

May this filtering only be practiced by someone who has a degree in "consensus-reality-view" or may it also be practiced by someone like myself?

You will say "Well, they have studied it, you havent". But WHAT have they studied? Have they studied what is there, or have they studied a system of belief based on certain premises such as

"Life happened accidentally"

because for me this belief is no different than the cultish beliefs of a sect.

[edit on 29-11-2007 by Skyfloating]

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join