It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel training with tactical nukes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Israel Training With Tactical Nukes
Israel - Middle East
Monday, November 19, 2007
Jack Kinsella - Omega Letter Editor

The government of Israel has let it be known that Israeli Air Force pilots are currently undergoing training for a tactical NUCLEAR strike against Iran's nuclear program to prevent Ahmadinejad from getting the Bomb.

The Israelis intend to use precision laser bombs followed up by low-yield tactical nuclear bunker-buster bombs to hit Iran's hardened underground facilities. The training exercise calls for the use of two Israeli Air Force squadrons to carry out the attack.
The London Sunday Times quoted one of its sources saying, “As soon as the green light is given, it will be one mission, one strike and the Iranian nuclear project will be demolished."

www.omegaletter.com...

Couple this President bush expressing his backing for israel

Bush also said that if such an attack were to take place, he would understand it.

www.haaretz.com...

Times coming, where Israel is going to strike.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   

The Insider also reported that the US "is believed to be backing away from military action in Iran, and the new US defense secretary, Robert Gates, has described a strike against Iranian targets as a "last resort", leading Israelis to believe that it will be left to the IAF to strike."

Its about time. although it will still be carried out with our money and weapons. and im sure we will be the "backup" if bombs fly in tel aviv.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
That article from omega makes several questionable assumptions:
Since it says so in the 'Sunday Times', it must be true..to the point that Arab regimes have accepted an Israeli strike as matter of fact..I don't think the Arab regimes think that an israeli strike on Iran is immenint or have been informed of that by the Americans..

also that Israel already has the green light from America..not true as an Israeli strike on Iran will almost certainly mean Iranian missile attacks on US bases and ships in the Persian Gulf..the Americans will at least need to hunker down before the strike and greatly limit US Navy shipping in the Gulf..they will have to be notified and give the green light when they are ready-the change in posture will be detected by Iran and Arab states and at that point tensions will rise dramatically. I don't think it will be possible to hide the impending attack like the surprise attack on Iraq in 1981..

another thing that is innacurate is the notion that the Iraqi Osirek was about to be 'switched on' when Israel attacked it, not true-the osirek facility was still in cement construction phase and there were no nuclear (radioactive) materials on site when it was hit..The Iranian facilities are completed and operational like natanz.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
thats great news! thanks!

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
another one:

The Israeli Insider quoted one such analyst, who told them;

"In the cold war, we made it clear to the Russians that it was a virtual certainty that nukes would fly and fly early. Israel may be adopting the same tactics: 'You produce a weapon; you die'."

What he's talking about is the European theater; in which the Soviets had overwhelming conventional arms, NATO made it a policy that if the Russians were to push west, tactical nuclear weapons would be used to halt them..though it was probably a bluff it was necessary discourage a possible invasion. It was never a policy to threaten Russia in the late 1940's that if they continued to develop the bomb, they would face an airstrike..nor China in the 1960's.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Hi There,

To be sure, this is horrendous news if it is fact. An attack upon Iran by Israel would conflagarate the whole middle-east region against them. It is erroneous to assume that the Israelis will fly in, drop some bombs and go home to a quiet evening. Such an act will precipitate appalling consequences around the world both politically and militarily.

I cannot understand the logic - except that it comes from fear, of seeking to safeguard one's own nation through pre-emptive strikes that constitute acts of war. That's the same as liberating a whole country full of people from a dictatorship by wiping them off the face of the earth...uh uh! they're already doing that in Iraq...silly me!

Bush could use such an occurrence to exercise 'martial law' for a few days or a week as a litmus test to guage the population's reaction, but not just in America, other governments of other countries might seek to do so, too? However, once he introduces it, who's to say he'll negate it, it will all depend upon the response...won't it?

Best wishes

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by pkspeaker
The Iranian facilities are completed and operational like natanz.

Let's suppose this strike is authorised, the squadrons fly out to Natanz and drop a tactical nuke on a LIVE reactor facility...would the reactors' fuel-cores go critical mass?

Makes as much sense as throwing petrol on a fire to put it out to me

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by citizen smith

I'm not entirely sure an attack would cause it to go critical...however, destroying a reactor like that would easily cause a dirty bomb scenario...Which isn't a whole lot better...

A bad and totally unnecessary situation whichever way you look at it...

Peace

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
Is it me, or does this story just keep getting recycled every few months?

Israel Plotting Tactical Nuclear Strike on Iranian Nuclear Facilities 1/8/07
IAF Train Intensively for Iran Strike with Mini-Nukes 11/11/07

it's cycled,
because there's sites like DebkaFiles, then MEMRE?
anyhow a half dozen mid east focused web sites that have different audiences.

and the Israeli orchestrated
2 stage/single operation/laser guided bombs/low yield nukes plan
is being spoon fed to us over & over & over....
so that the Story becomes a conventional-wisdom-factoid

the added "spin" i read some 8 days ago, was that Israeli AirForce
were practicising their mock operation by flying nonstop to Gibralter --
as that would be close to the 2,000 mile flight time
to the Iranian targets & back to safety.
setting the stage that the 'secret operation' has 'Plausability'

[edit on 24-11-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

israel practicing to use nukes to take out irans bomb making infrastucture?-------they just did that to syria--------it wasnt a reactor they bombed there with "conventional" weapons--------it was an assembly building for putting together nuclear bombs----------how many syria saved? dont know.iran has its bomb making plants deep underground----------the only way to take them out due to irans inginuity is by use of tactical nukes--------no doubt in my mind that if the idf gets the go ahead--------------they will do it.irans mad president keeps on threatening and israel believes his threats-------as do i----he's just another hitler in the making---neville chamberlains only encourage such to do what they threaten-----best to stop him now before he murders millions of innocent victims.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Lol, if Israel does strike Iran, it's going to be FUNNY to see how ferociously the Hezbollah from Lebanon attack Israel and probably the UN / UNIFIL force there.

Because Hezbollah is almost like a tentacle of Iran; I'm sure the early years of Hezbollah's creation took place with the country of Iran playing the "creator God" role. So they funded and armed and trained these guys, and taught them to continue on doing the same things they were shown, up to this very day.

Hezbollah even did some "military practice maneuvers" with tens of thousands of militants, although none of them were armed the reports said. It was just to see if their plan for steaming south across the Litani and into the UN border zone would be as effective as they are planning.

So this time around, Hezbollah would be going all or nothing, and hold nothing back. That would be an incredibly nasty sight, because last time we see saw how many Lebanese civilians were killed. Imagine if Hezbollah waged an offensive-to-the-death, which they would if Israel hit Iran.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Let me answer 2 questions posted:

What happens to the Natanz facility if attacked with bunker busting bombs and tactical nuclear weapons?

Nothing! actually the Iranians have it so deeply buried, that not even a nuclear weapon can dig that deep to destroy it; see:

www.ucsusa.org...

Also..what the Israeli's think they hit when they attacked Syria-they think that Syria was building a Graphite Reactor-they were not trying to hit a 'nuclear weapons assemply facility' as someone suggested.. A graphite reactor is a facility that takes Uranium rods and extracts plutonium from them..allowing a country like Syria to go directly to a plutonium based bomb w/o the normal process of enriching uranium through centrifuges like Natanz and then processing the enriched uranium rods by generating electricity at a facility like the Bushier Nuclear Power Plant- ..and then reprocessing the spent fuel rods to extract the plutonium that way.

...but it's highly questionable if this building they hit was really a graphite reactor!

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

The Israelis make the Nazis look like saints
atleast the Nazis got what the deserved which was the full force of the allied forces,

and last time i checked there is a difrence between Zionest and Jews which Iran seem to have alot of unlike its Arab neigbours,.

Hopefully the Israelis wont be retarded enough to do this
as it will mean an end to them and Iran as Iran will strike at Israel with everything it has with Israel using more nukes.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Comparing Israeli to Nazi would be considered repugnant to most people..but were the Nazi's really that bad and are the Israelis not that bad?

The Nazis initially forced the Jews into Ghettos at the start of the war, kind of like the way the Americans forced Japanese Americans into concentration camps..in both cases the logic was that these people could not be trusted and might conspire with the enemy. As the war progressed and German held territory was pounded, it became difficult for Germany to support all these people that they were occupying..in places like Amsterdam (Aryan folk) food was difficult for the average netherlander to come by, people survived on potato skins and sprouts they would grow in their yards..given the dificulties they were facing it became too convenient to just exterminate most of these millions of 'prisoners' they were holding, a dead prisoner doesn't eat.

I wonder what would have happened to all those Japanese Americans had Japan been carpet bombing los angeles and SF..and food was becoming scarce..it's safe to say they would have killed them all..

Israel has kept Palestinians in bantustans, expelled them, and is basically a racist-aphartied state that treats some humans as animals..if Iran were to wipe out telavaiv it's safe to say the first thing the zionists would do is kill all the palestinians..

so I guess the Nazi's were just 'normal'.

new topics

top topics

join