It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i hate tourettes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Do you know how incredibly annoying this disease is? I have it, and I'm sick of it. Whenever I'm trying to do something, my body would twitching and I cannot get my task done. My body is never at rest right before I go to bed, it keeps twitching and that keeps me awake. If I miss out on taking meds for a day, I get the most horrible pain possible. I would get severe joint pains, a dreadfull bitter taste in my mouth, all my muscles would be shivering, and an intense restless urge.

Think that is bad, it gets worse, so bad it's like I'm in hell. The worst tick would be in my ear. I would hear this extremely loud and hideously annoying drumming noise in my ear that just wont stop. It is so loud, that I would not be able to hear anything else but that in my ear. It would go on for hours, and would keep me from falling asleep.

This fu@#ing sucks, and the meds can only help about 50%.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
My grandson is deaf and has touretts. He has motor and phonic tics.

You can imagine what it is like for him as a teenager. He's 15 now and has this problem since he was a baby.

He doesn't hear himself making the weird sounds he makes but he does have the other symptons you have. His tics change fairly often.

The strange thing is that he doesn't know he has tourettes. He's also an excellent student.

I hope and pray you get some relief from your condition.
Dizzie

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
My grandson is deaf and has touretts. He has motor and phonic tics.

You can imagine what it is like for him as a teenager. He's 15 now and has this problem since he was a baby.

He doesn't hear himself making the weird sounds he makes but he does have the other symptons you have. His tics change fairly often.

The strange thing is that he doesn't know he has tourettes. He's also an excellent student.

I hope and pray you get some relief from your condition.
Dizzie

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
No one in the entire history of my family has ever had tourettes. My parents, brother, and everyone else doesn't have it. I wonder where this came from.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
My heart is mercy for you. A couple on a plane flight was awarded a fairly big settlement to this. I could not imagine how difficult it would be to live with that. My prayers to you.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I had a friend at basic training that had tourettes. His was pretty minor though, just a small neck and face twitch, nothing like the crap you are going through.

Best wishes to you.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I don't get extremely aggitated when it happens because I know that there's nothing I can do about it. It's just when I'm trying to do something and when I'm trying to fall asleep. That's where it can get annoying.

Studies show that it fades away with age, I'm 22 but I have it pretty bad though. So I'll just have to push through it until I'm older.

[edit on 27-11-2007 by wildcat]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wildcat

My grandson that I told you about in an earlier post gets very little sleep.

He's stays in his room playing games and on his my space most of the time he isn't in school. He has very good parents and other family members but when he does get out he comes to my house as I don't let him know his condition is annoying. It doesn't annoy me but I can see how it would others. Being deaf he doesn't hear the very weird noises he makes. When his body jerks badly I just hug him and it seems to help.

Marilyn

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
aye man, i feel for you
my cousin has it and its kinda messed his life up proper badly
used to find it amusing when i was like 14/15 and i was with him and he'd just blurt out random obsanitys, once cried out of laughter.
but iv noticed over the past couple of years its messed his life up quite abit, he hasnt really had a proper girlfriend ect.
Good luck you too, and all the best matey

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I'm so damn lucky my ticks are only motor, except for coughing.

No one really notices it but it still is hard to deal with.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
it annoys me when people say how cool it would be to have tourettes because they could just yell out obsenities. i think it is a very cruel disease, and it is wrong for people to be defenselessly ridiculed. i see it every day at school. there is a kid a grade lower than me that is very super smart and has photographic memory. unfortunantly, he has tourettes also. people make fun of him and yet they dont realize that he has a disease. i am the only person who knows, because i can see it from a mile away. (how, i dont know. i just told him he had it, and he said yes, he did.) there is also a kid on my bus in like 6th grade that people call "tickerbell" (tinkerbell) because his eyes blink all the time. he hates it, and once they mention it, it gets worse, and he cant stop.

people should be more understanding. what has this world become?

new topics

top topics

join