It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baen Free Library

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
The perfect site for SF lovers if you have nothing to read.

Baen Free Library

Baen Books is now making available — for free — a number of its titles in electronic format. We're calling it the Baen Free Library. Anyone who wishes can read these titles online — no conditions, no strings attached. (Later we may ask for an extremely simple, name & email only, registration. ) Or, if you prefer, you can download the books in one of several formats. Again, with no conditions or strings attached. (URLs to sites which offer the readers for these format are also listed. )

Why are we doing this? Well, for two reasons.

The first is what you might call a "matter of principle." This all started as a byproduct of an online "virtual brawl" I got into with a number of people, some of them professional SF authors, over the issue of online piracy of copyrighted works and what to do about it.

There was a school of thought, which seemed to be picking up steam, that the way to handle the problem was with handcuffs and brass knucks. Enforcement! Regulation! New regulations! Tighter regulations! All out for the campaign against piracy! No quarter! Build more prisons! Harsher sentences!

It was founded around 8 years ago and there's about 100 books on there that you can download in a few different formats e.g. Palm, .rtf or HTML. There's even more books at Baen CD at the Fifth Imperium.

I've read a few books from there, but right now I'm working on my second collection of Mercedes Lackey's short stories. First I read Werehunter and now I'm working on Fiddler Fair. I'd never read any of her books before, but I'm enjoying them.

Maybe you can find something you like there too!

new topics

join