It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina Cryptids?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Nothing in my area... central. I will say I have been here over 15 years. I am out in the rivers a lot. Out in the woods a lot as well. Never in my life Have I run across so many Black Widows. These things are everywhere In NC. I have live in a lot of different places. Even Alabama widows were not as common as here.

Really cool little spider here called a purse spider. Comes out 2 weeks of the year and resembles a baby tarantula..big fangs. Most life residents here dont believe me when I tell them about it LOL.

Snakes are crazy here as well.

Killer cow ants are rare and neat to encounter.

Deer are anorexic compared to northern deer.

Otters are around but extremely rare.

Other than that my most frightful encounters have been with Skunks! Who believe it or not dont seem to mind people LOL. Possums are friendly here as well. We had one last year that just came up every night and ate out of the bowl with our cat. We could walk right up to him.

Thats all I got. Watch out for the ticks this year NCers. Not sure whats going on but they are showing up in places I have never seen them before.

No bigfoot. No Mothman.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: OvercastCompanion

Um, I don't have my own story about this but I just came across this webpage about native Indian legends
www.theology101.org...
And this section seemed just like the thing you saw:
"GI`LÏ'-DINËHÛÑ'YÏ: "Where the dogs live," a deep place in Oconaluftee river, Swain county, a short distance above Yellow Hill (Cherokee) and just below the mound. It is so named from a tradition that two "red dogs" were once seen there playing on the bank. They were supposed to live under the water."

<< 1  2   >>

join