It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina Cryptids?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Its great to see someone else here from NC. I have had the pleasure of seeing 2 dead baby mountain lions. So yes they exsist here in NC. I live in Kipling its between Fuquay Varina and Lillington. But the cougar or mountain lion cubs which ever you wish to call them were within 2 miles of my home. I have never seen any odd creatures before. But I also have to add I didnt have to, to know years ago that we were being watched by something. We lived outside of Angier back in 1998 - 2001 and we would hear something at night time and it was big. Big foot? I dont know but it killed 2 of our dogs with a 2x4. and it ate our rabbit that night. only pieces were left. But my husband caught its eyes one night when we drove in the yard, thats when I knew it wasnt an animal watching us. It was more like a big foot. Huge. We checked the next morning to make sure it wasnt a big cat on top of one of the old junk cars and it wasnt. Even that would not have been at the height this had been. But we will never forget the eyes. They were just so bad looking. But whatever that was it wrecked a 350 pound dog house that night. It was nothing but pieces the following morning.

Hilda

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
There was a rash of panther sightings around here about 4 years ago. Dead dogs as well. I live in Cherryville, about 45 minutes from Charlotte.

A bigfoot was sighted about 20 miles from where I live about 7 years ago.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I've never seen nor heard tell of a bigfoot in these parts, unless you want to include some of my cousins from the Norwood, NC area.

But seriously, the only wildlife I see is deer, skunks, 'possums, 'coons, wild house cats, maybe a dog here or there. I live about 30 minutes from Charlotte.

If I saw a mountain lion, cougar, panther, whatever big cat I would S*(87 myself! If I saw bigfoot, I might faint dead away. Either way, if they're here I'm glad I don't ever see them.

Oh yeah, I heard tell of a bear sighting a couple years ago, but that was from my mother in law, and everyone 'round here knows about her....so I don't know about the validity of that claim.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by rawiea
I was recently at the BFRO site and discovered that they are planning an Expedition in North Carolina. The date has not been set yet. I don't know if you would be interested in going or not.
www.bfro.net...

An expedition of 25 to 45 people? I think that by the time they managed to set up their base camp, Bigfoot would be miles away, frightened off by all the noise. There's also a $300 registration fee. Probably just as much for seperating the serious hunters from the not-so-serious as for funding the expedition. Still, that's quite a bit of money to go hiking with company, only to come up empty handed, imo. I don't know through...

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I just found this site, the woman was not from NC she was from Tennessee, look up the Carter farm.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I live in Hendersonville/Asheville area, and i grew up on a farm in Fletcher, right on the bank of the French Broad River, and while growing up i seen all kinds of odd things there from lights in the cornfield to a baby crying in the woods at night. The place had been known for bears and "painters" (panthers). but the most memorable thing was when i was around 8 or 9 years old, me and my mammaw was in the flowerbed pulling weeds, a chore which i hated but hey it earned me money ha ha ha. we had 2 dogs (named hobo and tramp) at the time, i don't know what kind they were but they were really tall dogs, hunting type, they always killed 'coons and 'possums and other stuff they even brought home a deer once
well back to my story, they was down at the river, it was about noon, really hot summer and they liked to go for a swim down there, all of a sudden me and mammaw heard the dogs barking like they was being murdered, and up from the river they came chasing an animal the likes of which i had never seen, it looked similar to a panther, yet it's skin looked kind of i dunno, slimyish... possibly from the river, it was sandy red color, and its hind legs were markedly longer than the front, yet this did not seem to hinder the animal in the least, it was most assuredly feline. It was chased right through the yard and flower bed we were working in. it stank to high heaven, like rot. The dogs fought with the animal for a bit in the yard then it chased them back toward the river. we never saw the dogs again.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Greetings to my fellow North Carolinians! I live in Davidson County, and I found this thread very interesting as I have heard and felt some strange things this summer. I grew up here in NC in this area even, but have lived in this location for the last 15 years..save for 4.5 years I spent in Las Vegas.

This is actually my first summer back. I got home in April. I have observed this summer with the wonder and awe of a child having been in the desert the last 5 summers. I am a night owl, and having previously been a smoker (just quit), I would be outside all hours enjoying a smoke every hour or so.

The area is rural, but only minutes from the city. I am surrounded by shallow woods and farmland. It's very dark at night except when the moon is full. I get that "watched" feeling often when I go out, and I don't know if it's just because the darkness is creepy or what.

One night, I heard a strange call far in the distance. I can only describe as whoing, but It wasn't an owl. I looked up and listened to recordings of owls in this area. It's the strangest sound, and I don't any sort of equipment to record it. I will be doing some research...perhaps I should have looked up Bigfoot calls instead since the Bfro sites lists 3 sightings in my county.

Anyway, interesting post. Star and flag.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
well north carolina has some stories i live in scott county tn about two hours from lexington ky and there are reports of people seeing lizzard men may two diffrent bigfoots a half man half goat unde pope lick bridge and ive seen some stuff im 11 when i think last year when i was 10 i was in my front yard looked out my drive way and seen a bigfoot it wasnt a person trust me it was big if you want pics of any of the lexington ky cryptids just tell me and ill post them but im sorry i dont have any pics of the bigfoot i saw but i will post a bigfoot pic if i can my freind coby was home alone and one started banging on the side of his house so if i can get the pic of bigfoot he took with his cell phone i will post it if you want any story's of the lexington ky monsters i told u about i will copy them and post them.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
well i live in jones county and i must say all the myths about eastern cougars being extinct are bogus i have seen them at least a dozen times in last 10 years
i work at moen inc in newbern and the road i take to work is heavily forested until just recently and late at night when i get off from work you can see them dragging road kill off road one was hit and slightly injured in front of coke cola plant a few years ago a highway patrol watched him a t gunpoint while i was driving by and before anybody says all i saw was a bobcat trust me i know the difference between two. people i worked with thought i was full of crap till they saw them to

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Sorry, but no cryptids on my end. I've lived here all my life and currently live in a very remote area in Granville County along NC/Va line. I know what you're looking for, but all I've seen are coyotes, bobcats, bears, deer, and the like... maybe a fox here and there.
It is good to see so many folks here from the Great State of NC. BUT, I run a sales route down east and one of my customers said down in Craven County or Onslow County a farmer had Ostriches. After Hurricane Floyd, they broke out and have since multiplied. You can go down the road and suddenly their heads pop up in a corn field in Jurrassic Park fashion... first time he saw one cross the road it "likened to scared him to death."

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
now some pics but i donk know how to post them so type ky cryptids andyou will have pics of the anilmal and a pic of one track and storys of sightings if you check out this website please tell me what you think and thanks.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I had no idea there were so many fellow North Carolinians on here.I'm pleasantly surprised!The mountain lions,black panthers and bears are all true.I live in Sampson County and have seen all three species within a mile or so of my house.We also have coyotes and wolves and alligators.Most of these species were brought in here intentionally and are now being denied to even exist.Hmmmmm.I wonder how many were parachuted in like the beavers have been.There hqave been lots of unexplained creatures and objects and lights and such but I kinda let it go because i'd never get any sleep if dwelled on them too long.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rawiea

One evening my brother was out fishing and he herd a rustling on the other side of the creek he pointed the flash light were he herd the noise then he saw something move to the creek he pointed the light at it and he clamis that it was big foot. Many other people in the area claim to have saw it to. He saw it in rose creeka litle outside franklin nc in macon county. CloudlessKnight could you please look in to ths?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Thats cool.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
well if you watch fact or faked paranormal files,they have done an investigation in Santa Rosa California of a sighting of two strange creatures they call night walkers i think.the creatures were unlike anything i have seen in Cryptozoic study's.they appear as tall skinny and wearing a white sheet over them.basically like a pole with a ball on top with a sheet covering them.the video evidence shows two of them just standing on someones lawn and one of them walks a way.this happened around 12 midnight on the home owners front lawn and was captured by a surveillance camera.he didn't set the camera to record so he got out a camcorder and taped what was on the screen.very strange.

edit on 23-2-2011 by paranormal78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Wow, i had no idea so many Carolinians were on here, especially from the Charlotte/Gaston County area. I, personally, am from Bessemer City in Gaston County, and we have our fair share of strange occurances and weird critters. There are plenty of stories and myths ranging from Bigfoot to a half woman half mountain lion that roams in the mountains chasing hunters.

I plan on goin hunting alot this season and ill be sure to post anything strange or suspiscious here.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
This is what the handy dandy index thread is for!

I found you these:

North Carolina
Mystery Beast Kills Animals in N.C. (www.abovetopsecret.com...)
New Animal Discovered in North Carolina (www.abovetopsecret.com...)
New Life Form in Sewers? (www.abovetopsecret.com...)

That sewer thread drove me nuts.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Takkybunny

I'm from Clarkton and have been to two Beast Fests with my daughter

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I grew up in and around the Asheville area, there's a wealth of stories in the local Cherokee mythology, the story of Judaculla, for example, is fascinating and the petroglyph covered rock associated with it apparently predates the Cherokee.
They also have legends about Yunwi Tsunsdi (?), or the little people, who were a mischevious race of beings knee high and capable of amazing feats. I think I've actually had a sighting of soemthing similar to those guys myself in the Hayesville area once. Something short, transparent, bipedal, and moving at ridiculous speed ran across the road infront of our car, I can't really describe it any better than that, but it was enough to cause us to bow up in the road and get out to watch the grass and brush shaking along the ridge as it ran off, guess that would have been about 1996.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Hello, sorry I'm late to the party//by about 8 years..hah. I've lived all over the state, from the Mtns in Asheville, to the warm and sunny coast in Wilmington. I can attest that there are indeed mountain lions roaming the western part of the state.

I can remember working with my dad in a private community called "Cedar Rock" in the foothills of Lenoir. I would often roam the job sites while he would work(arborist) and wondered into surrounding woods. There was a crude zip line setup about 1,000 feet into a heavily wooded hillside shrouded by laurel and kudzu. Although I didn't trust the aging cable, I liked perching on top of the platform and daydreaming. The following year we did another job at the site and I ventured back into the woods. It was a wet day, my footsteps were silent in the leaves. I started to climb up the platform and made it about 15 feet up(20-25 ft tall) and all of a sudden a golden head peered over the edge at me! Sheepishly I froze solid while it let out the most nauseating scream I've ever heard. It literally jumped over me and hit the ground so hard I could feel it reverberate up the ladder. It scampered off deeper into the woods while I was still clinging onto he steps with white knuckles. Its body was bigger than our bloodhound, undoubtedly a mountain lion. I ran as fast as I could up to the truck and sat in it the rest of the day. Dad believed me but didnt have time to investigate.

We also own 2 cabins deep in the Pisgah natnl. forest by the Linville gorge. It was very common to see the brown mountain lights on brisk fall nights. 2 major floods happened in the early 1900s wiping out all of the cotton and textile mills nestled along the town of Mortimer surrounding the area of our property. I would explore the remains of the mills and would often hear clanking and grinding although nothing was left besides the carcasses of boilers and industrial piping.... very eerie considering things had been abandoned since the 40's.

Never seen or heard any talk about BF but the old moonshiners have often talked of sightings of the little people while running stills in caves nestled in the hillsides. There's a good theorist who runs the "Skyships over cashiers" website and has recently intrigued me with local conspiracies. Thanks for the interesting reads!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join