It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Blue Book to reopen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Project Blue Book is being lobbied to be reopened by former military pilots and presidential candidate Denis Kucinich (as he has just claimed to have seen a UFO). Project Blue Book for those who do not know, is the governmental investigation into UFO/ET phenomena. I am looking for opinions on this matter. Do you think it is worth having the government investigate. Does anyone really think the government would tell us the truth or would they just continue to say that there is not enough "hard evidence" to back UFO/ET experiences? Also, do you think Kucinich hurt his campaign by revealing his encounter?

link to news article
ca.news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 11/22/2007 by palehorse23

[edit on 11/22/2007 by palehorse23]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
the link to the source in your post is broken.

Here's what I found.

This is the first I've heard Project Blue Book associated with the press conference on Nov 12. But then again, I haven't seen the vid of the press conf. either

source?

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by x-phile

hey x-phile

don't know why it is broke, but you can go to any search engine and look up kucinich ufo and it should give you pretty much the same article. yahoo is where i first read the article.

i will look into the link and post a new one if possible

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Does anyone really believe our government stopped investigating UFO's?? I think they still do and they just chose to not share it with us..To be honest if they openly admit to investigating them or reopen Project Blue Book it won't change anything..Because they'll just continue to not share anything with us....

[edit on 11/22/2007 by gotanybob]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

It will just be another case of our tax dollars at work. Lot's of money spent with nothing to show for it.

As far as Kucinich goes, it doesn't matter what he said about what he saw. Really, shouldn't we be worrying about things of more importance? Like getting our troops home from Iraq?

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Maybe this is their way of slowly disclosing things. "oh look there were aliens after all, good thing we reopened blue book"

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

I have to agree with you. This is just another thing that is funded by the people that gets no real results. I don't think it will ever change either.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
mmmm i disagree with you guys. things are changing and people are REALLY being woken up at a tremendous rate. everybody on here and anyone who really takes a look online is getting tons of new information. not only on aliens and such, but also on governmental, paranormal (ghosts) and non-religious movements. older people too. but there old so they just throw up their hands roll their eyes. not because they don't care it's because they had a feeling the whole time too. but what could they do? they got to where they got through this system and they don't have the energy to really be bothered. really it's a scary movement if you consider the fact you're going to stand against the very system that raised you. it topples then what? for real, then what??? out come the guns and who decide who makes decisions? who takes the lead? who enforces the moral laws? it's a daunting movement. i'd like to think that some way some how we can cleanse the evil out of our system. but really there are way too many directions to go in this, really unfortunate that they can't make a big move. satisfy the people and make a big move! give back!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jboogienoj

good point. although the internet has brought a lot of information to millions at an alarming rate of speed, people still have a hard time grasping even the chance that UFO/ET's exist. That is my experience at least. There are very few people that I deal with on a day to day basis that don't think my points of view on government (all aspects of it) are crazy and no way possible. I think people are afraid of what would happen in this world if suddenly we were shown that in fact UFO/ET's really exist. Personally, I am more afraid of what will happen when our society falls apart due to inadequate government.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan

It will just be another case of our tax dollars at work. Lot's of money spent with nothing to show for it.

Hardly. The last blue book consisted of a few guys in an office tabulating reports. Two hours flying an F-15 costs more than the last Blue Book cost in a couple of weeks. See the FOIA Documents forum and click on anything with Form 1073 n it. That's Blue Book.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

So, in other words, you are saying that the gov't can't justify spending tons of money on investigating UFO's? If so, why can't they? They can justify going to war over non existing WMD's or that Saddam had something to do with 9/11. Misinformation is the heart and soul of this administration. I am sure they could get anything justified if they had to. Elitists just don't want it to happen.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

absolutely. i'm terrified at the prospect of the government falling apart. if they told us aliens existed it would almost be a relief. why? because you would actually get the impression that the gov is making an effort to connect with the people again. we ain't stupid. but they're treating us that way. and in turn, that makes us hate them.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jboogienoj

true. to be honest with you, I think the gov't is very afraid of what would happen on a global scale if it was revealed that aliens exist. think of the blow to peoples perception of reality. pretty crazy!! I have tried to just offer the possibility of UFO existence to some coworkers, and I came to the conclusion that they are so one-track minded that they would literally lose their minds to see such a thing be true. I was so blown away that they wouldn't even entertain the possibility. they are also very religious. Maybe that has something to do with it. (chuckle)

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
tell you this. i have to be honest. i think they would be able to handle it. human are very resilient. they would mourn a few months at most. then bounce back. trust me they don't want to talk about it in the workplace and such because it is equal to talking about religion. you wouldn't want to bring that up at work or anything. also, keep in mind when someone says "ah, i don't believe it". what they are really trying to say is: talk more, tell me what you know. can you give me proof? whatcha got? and until you can give something solid and not fuzzy ass pictures and sketchy videos. look at all the video of the ufo stuff. they put soundtracks behind it. they edit it to the very moment the sighting ends. it's shaky. you are always left feeling like where's the rest? where's the beef? it's ALWAYS a case of almost! think about it?!? it's frustrating for truth seekers.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

schuler,

Thanks for pointing me in the direction where I can find out some more information about this. So, by what you described, though, it does seem that it was sort of a waste of money to have someone sit and tabulate. I recall hearing somewhere that the government pays an outrageous price for things as simple as paper clips!

So, are you saying that if this was re-opened, something might actually be accomplished here? What do you think would come of it?

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Schuyler,

It is going to take a lot more than a few guys tabulating reports to get to the bottom of things. Don't you think they (govt.) already know the Truth? A simple little report that there is not sufficient evidence to continue investigations (as in the last blue book) should not be allowed to fly. If they open up new investigations, I believe that it has potential to be a good thing. My only problem is that at this point, I do not feel very confident in anything our current leadership does. I cannot put faith in immediate critical issues ((Iraq/Iran/Venezuela/Lebanon) let alone an issue such as the existence of UFO/ET which I am sure would not be seen as a critical issue by the gov't.

new topics

top topics

join