It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

music editing program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Is there any free program that I can download off the internet that allows me to modify a music file so there's no lyrics?

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
When you say edit a music file - there are many music type files that contain lyrics. Midi files can contain lyrics. MP3s, wave files etc.

What file type specifically?

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
mp3

I want to remove all the lyrics

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   
hmmmmmm

not sure about free for that matter. I know there are a number of products available - free? I haven't seen anything like that going free. I was also looking some time ago for software like that cos it would be easier than building backtracks myself in cakewalk or something similar.

I will have a look around for you cos it is in my interest to do so too.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I found a couple you can go try out:
Here
and here

Not sure how good they are just found the links.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Or you could just tweak the equalizer in your mp3 playing software and sound card. Vocals are in the 1K region.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I used to use Cool Edit Pro years ago, but I believe it has been bought out by Adobe. I've looked at the new edition of it, and I prefer the older copies. Very simple, very efficient. The only thing you couldn't do with it was remove the lyrics from the music.. which ironically is exactly what you want to do.

Maybe the newer editions of this program allows you to do that. Check it out and see.

Audition 3

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
for flat out audio editing and recording, I use Audacity, which is free and a really good program. not sure about vocal removers, though

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
for flat out audio editing and recording, I use Audacity, which is free and a really good program. not sure about vocal removers, though

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Vocal Removal is a M.Y.T.H. - just a myth!

You will never be able to completely remove the vocals without drastically damaging the music itself. Why?

Let's take a look at how a "Vocal Removal" works... It simply mutes or sufficently diminishes the frequencies used by the voice (be it female, male, child settings - different ranges). When removing these frequencies you will naturally remove the same music frequencies which are shared. This means that with the removal of the vocal the music on the same frequency range will be removed (or altered, resulting in all types of glitches, artifacts and 'filtered'-type of sounds).

What you can do:

a) Get the "Instrumental" version of the track, usually from LP/EP Singles (Vinyls) or from MP3 download websites. (Easiest Way)

b) Re-construct the Instrumental by cutting and pasting from loops in song intro, bridges, and outro. (Time-consuming Way)

c) Get MIDI or KAR files and reconstruct them to sound as natural as the original using sequencers, synths, effects, etc. (Time-consuming Way)

d) Noise-print subtract, which involves having an exact (or almost exact) copy of the vocals as a noise-print, then subtract the noiseprint from the instrumental, this will get you as close as you can to the instrumental, but will still not sound as the original instrumental. (Hardest Way, almost impossible)

Other than that - there is no way. It's impossible. Do not believe in what you read on the net, not even the most professional programs will do that - it's just impossible! ...

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I have to agree with MastaG on this. It does mess with the frequencies and the resultant track only has reduced vocal volume at great expense to the quality of the music track.

It will never be done effectively and is only good for bedroom or drunken sign alongs LOL. It is in no way close to ANY sort of quality one would use for a professional gig as a backtrack.

All i can say is, search for MP3 backtracks or midi etc. Again, a word of caution - depending on what you want to use the back track for you may get a version that begs for some quality. Many midis include a vocal track that will mess with its effective usage as a backing track. You will need a decent Midi program to mute the vocal track and sometimes change the instruments used depending on the channel mappings. I use cakewalk for the most part and when i am busy with a "quickie" when just playing for fun at home i use Roland Virtual Sound Canvas.

Take care.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MastaG

you definately know what you are talking about...
what if he had say a whatever track mixer....he could run it through that and just lower the vocal track, and record it that way...viola, no lyrics...

would that work?
wouldn't be that hard

sumpin like this

www.musiciansfriend.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

What do you mean "a track mixer"!? If you have one mp3 file or wav file, whatever, you have a MIXDOWN of many tracks recorded in a studio. This means that you only have one file which is made up of many different tracks in the studio (drums, bass, keys, vocals), layered and mastered with one single file on the output. How can you use a "track mixer" to separate one mixdown back to its original tracks?

The MR-16HD (in your link) is nothing but a recorder, it will never separate an mp3/wav file into separate tracks - that would be rather 'uncanny' and out-of-this-world.

A mixdown is a mixdown - live with it

Again(!):
The easiest way is to get INSTRUMENTALs...
For example, you need the track to 50 Cent's - In Da Club... ...open up your favorite P2P file sharing program and type in "In Da Club Instrumental" - viola.. (Warning this might be illegal, instrumentals are ripped from vinyl singles.)

new topics

top topics

join