It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost 6 million people missing in 6 years in America alone?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
What if a huge pharmaceutical company is hiring a few men and a van to snatch up people for human experimentation? What if the government is snatching up some people for human experimentation on biological warfare agents? These are questions no one wants to ask because it's just to scary a thought.

[edit on 29-11-2007 by cloakndagger]

apc

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I think it's pretty obvious the majority of the unexplained are dead. Probably murdered.

They call you missing until they find your body. Or what's left of it.

[edit on 29-11-2007 by apc]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Several posters have hit on it already.

Notice that the leading category of the missing is adult white males. Mostly middle class. There's a reason for that.

The modern statist beaurocracy of USA puts so much of an emphasis on paperwork and "files," that if you change your data then you change your identity. Some documents are considered "unfakeable" by the authorities, and so implicitly trusted.

The rich have no need to "fake their own death/disappear" and the poor lack the resources. But a lot of people who work in the "red-tape industry" have access to all kinds of "data correction" forms.

A lot of paranoid people, rather than waiting for the govt or the mafia to oppress them, begin constructing alternate identities. They put these alternate personalities into bureaucratic cold-storage, until they are needed. Say--to flee from a divorce, or creditors, or the police, whatever.

As a matter of fact, even now, with homeland security in place, every disaster, plane or train wreck highlights that some of the dead are never correctly accounted for. The feds never bring it up, but in any given disaster, some of the dead turn out to be people who hadn't previously existed. The cops go to call on the next of kin, and discover a boarding-house where the landlady has instructions to forward all mail to a dead-letter drop in another state. Or worse, the corpse was carrying ID for a person who actually died a few days after birth, but who somehow went on to attend college or collect on a relative's insurance, etc.

On a board as large as ATS, some of "the missing" are almost certaintly members. Maybe even posters.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The vast majority of people reported missing turn up in a few days. Most often it's someone who forgot to call home to let mom and dad/boyfriend/girlfriend know they were sleeping over at someone else's house.

Another large part of the missing is the segment who left intentionally. People pick up and go everyday, many of them get reported missing by concerned family/friends.

Only a very small percentage of missing persons could be considered abducted - this has been mentioned already on this thread, and on others, but it should be repeated.

Very few of the people reported missing each year were actually abducted.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
So essentially, it's like saying the population of NY goes missing every year? Good God. Where are all these people? honestly, by now some bodies should be found, miright?

Brings thoughts of the old game Half Life 2 back to mind. "permanent off world status"

Yea, I'm still playing games as an adult. so?

[edit on 30-11-2007 by Gorman91]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
So essentially, it's like saying the population of NY goes missing every year? Good God. Where are all these people? honestly, by now some bodies should be found, miright?

actually the six million is the total for the last twenty five years. That is all the people who were ever reported missing in the USA. Not subtracting out the ones found, even days later.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Hmm...

Someone should do a demographic of the missing.

People that were on Social Security?
People that were on Disability?
People that were on Medicare?
People that were on any type of Government Aid?
How man of those were well to do?

I once had a conversation with a man...who made it a point to tell me that there are people that are categorized as dead by Social Security.

He also said that they ( Federal Government ) were going to kill about 700,000 people.

Sound Crazy? I hope he was.

Is it conceivable that the Government is killing its own citizens?

Killing people to balance budgets. Now theres a sad theme for a conspiracy

If that was ever proven, God help us.

Peace

[edit on 30-11-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Well i for one volunteer to be abducted and sent to mars or some reptilian planet, should at least have some excitement before i die then.....

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Satanic Panic

Originally posted by IAmTetsuo
Come now. Bible-thumpers are hardly the injured party here. I wonder if you remember back in the 70s-90s the massive, heavily-funded, well orchestrated slander campaigns that conservative / fundamentalist Christians, with much help from educrats, organized against young freethinkers. In the 1970s it was "cults". In the 80s, Satanism; in the 90s, neo-paganism. Missing people (especially missing children) was the number one crime they wanted to pin onto religious dissident groups.

You have no idea how deep it goes!

And she was never heard from again!

*cough*

Ah yes, those were the days. Good times. Good times.

Actually, I think dr_strangecraft has aptly pointed out a far more plausible explanation for at least some of the "disappearances".

Then again, you never know.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Satanic Panic
And she was never heard from again!

Actually, I think dr_strangecraft has aptly pointed out a far more plausible explanation for at least some of the "disappearances".

Then again, you never know.

There's very few of these disappearances.

It could well be that the Christian Religious Right has a secret network of death camps where they perform their own sacrifices of kidnapped "sinful" children and young adults. Agonizing death through forced labour (the devil finds work for idle hands), mutilations (if your left hand offends you cut it off), crucifixion (not so ironic after all), impalement, boiling in oil, and the like. And of course these good-old "Christians" always blame witches, Satanists, Zen Buddhists, etc. to take the blame off themselves.

This is just as plausible - or implausible - as suggesting an organized cabal of fill in name of unpopular religion is responsible. I am surprised that the bible-thumpers now aren't saying that Muslims aren't slaughtering thousands to millions of American kids! Perhaps this is because Islam (or more precisely Islamofascism) has so many real atrocities on its record, that nobody has to make up any.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Soylent Green Biscuit Co.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Excuse me? 10 years ago, when I first found out about the Missing Persons Problem here in America the annual number was 2.5 million, with an annual increase of over 10% for four yeas in a row.

Someone is keeping secrets now. There must be 20 million people missing every year by now. Not including the ones the Bush Administration "disappears" every day.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Most of those women were abducted by me and turned into sex-slaves

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join