It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost 6 million people missing in 6 years in America alone?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   

www.crimelibrary.com

Reports of missing persons have increased sixfold in the past 25 years, from roughly 150,000 in 1980 to about 900,000 this year. The increase was driven in part by the country's growing population. But the numbers also indicate that law enforcement treats the cases more seriously now, including those of marginalized citizens.

An astounding 2,300 Americans are reported missing every day, including both adults and children.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I came across this on a "reptile" youtube video. Im not to sure about that vid but i checked out the stats and its true, almost 6 million people have disappeared without a trace since 2000 and only a tiny fraction of those are stereotypical abductions or kidnappings by a stranger.

Any thoughts?

www.crimelibrary.com

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Also ive done my research on Sumeria, Babylon.. pretty much all ancient history. The reptilian "agenda", Ufo's, 9/11, NWO, all that Jazz.. Im now trying to link everything together.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Well, the article pretty much explains the breakdown. I think the title of your thread is a little misleading. I'd hazard to guess 80-90% of those 6 million can be traced. There are alot of psycho's roaming around. Bus stations remind me of the night of the living dead.

For example, the federal government counted 840,279 missing persons cases in 2001.

In a phone interview, Pasqualini said a breakdown of the 48,000 cases reveals the democratic nature of America's missing persons.

Slightly more than half—about 25,500—of the missing are men. About four out of 10 missing adults are white, three of 10 black and two of 10 Latino.

Among missing adults, about one-sixth have psychiatric problems. Young men, people with drug or alcohol addictions and elderly citizens suffering from dementia make up other significant subgroups of missing adults.

About half of the roughly 800,000 missing juvenile cases in 2001 involved runaways, and another 200,000 were classified as family abductions related to domestic or custody disputes.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
they are being abducted and being put to use as slaves for our favourite clandestine military complex within the bowels of north america,

watch out!.

[edit on 22-11-2007 by welivefortheson]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
What? No one has come up with the idea of slave labor in the helium mines on Luna? And some shipped on to Mars to work in the Polar Reclamation Project?

Of course that always leaves a few for the discriminating reptilian palates.

Seriously, there does seem to be a significant number left, even after allowances are made for all the other factors. I'm not saying I think aliens are responsible, but I do wonder at how many people go missing.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
there was another thread on this. Only 100 missing persons per year fall into the category of abductions. The rest are run-aways, and children taken by parents in custody disputes.

100 is a lot, I'm sure they met terrible fates, but it isn't anywhere near a million a year

[edit on 22-11-2007 by syrinx high priest]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It's nice to see that the bible-thumpers aren't blaming this on cults, Satanism, neo-paganism, heavy metal music, or Dungeons & Dragons anymore.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
What? No one has come up with the idea of slave labor in the helium mines on Luna? And some shipped on to Mars to work in the Polar Reclamation Project?

I hope they bring some of that helium here, since us lab types are suffering a helium supply shortage. Supposedly what we produce here in the U.S. is going to the Middle East. Strange, very strange. Maybe the gov't is using it all in their triangle shaped stealth derigables.

I know a few people that I wish would go missing, but one million Americans a year M.I.A. is a pipe dream. Seriously, a few thousand at best, I'd wager. I don't know a single missing person and I would likely know dozens if 1 of every 280 Americans vanished each year.

[edit on 11/22/2007 by TheAvenger]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
It says that 2,300 Americans are reported missing every day, but how many of them are quickly found? Because if we count people that are found within say 48 hours then I think the number of Americans actually missing drops to within more reasonable levels.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAmTetsuo
It's nice to see that the bible-thumpers aren't blaming this on cults, Satanism, neo-paganism, heavy metal music, or Dungeons & Dragons anymore.

It's nice to see that the cults, Satanism, neo-paganism, heavy metal music, or Dungeons & Dragons aren't blaming this on bible-thumpers.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by IAmTetsuo

It's nice to see that the cults, Satanism, neo-paganism, heavy metal music, or Dungeons & Dragons aren't blaming this on bible-thumpers.

Come now. Bible-thumpers are hardly the injured party here. I wonder if you remember back in the 70s-90s the massive, heavily-funded, well orchestrated slander campaigns that conservative / fundamentalist Christians, with much help from educrats, organized against young freethinkers. In the 1970s it was "cults". In the 80s, Satanism; in the 90s, neo-paganism. Missing people (especially missing children) was the number one crime they wanted to pin onto religious dissident groups.

To hear some of these modern crusaders go on about "cult/occult" mass kidnappings and murderous secret rituals, and even conspiratorial underground acts of genocide to rival the Nazi Holocaust - they are repeating the same hateful material as medieval witch-hunters (and, ironically, anti-Semites).

All this missing-persons-paranoia goes back to a certain generation of rotten parents who are pissed off that their children aren't the little robots they wanted. Junior doesn't go the same church as the rest of the family - must be those damn cults that brainwashed him. Johnny prefers Ozzy Ozbourne to WHAM or Rick Astley, and AD&D or Pokemon to manly football, and Harry Potter to the Bible - Satan(ism) is to blame. Jane wants to marry a scruffy computer geek rather than a clean-living doctor - obviously possessed by those video games friom heathen Asia.

Parents, if you want your kids to grow up to be good little Christians, then how about you act Christian for once in your life, and set a good example instead of blaming the victims!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
have to factor in the people that 'go missing'(what does that mean anyway) cause they want to.
my father did...

i would think a thousand a year in this country maybe...i could get on board with that.....no way a mill in a year though.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmTetsuo

I would prefer to say that if you wanted your kids to be 'good little christians' then you should allow them to come to god on their own.

That christianity plays such a (perceived) integral part of a child's upbringing only goes to show we're not too different from our religious opposite numbers overseas.

That said, I seriously doubt that people react in such as way that Tetsuo describes - rather than blaming it directly on the families you need to be aware that no mother or father will happily damn their own children, regardless of who they are or what they do.

Someone respected in the community, who holds some status within the church on the other hand could quite likely offer a few words that the father (or mother) would take as "Righteous".

It's the same problem that i see everywhere else in society - People are Afraid to be independant.

They don't want to make choices for themselves because they might be wrong, so they ask someone who carries a decent amount of prestige and reputation (because they have something to protect*) what it is they think they should do.

Unfortunately, the people who carry such prestige often preach such things that reek of fear too - they will offer such foolish wisdom that will not put them in direct competition with the organisation that provides their aforesaid prestige.

I'm not saying that dependance or independance is a worthy way of life, only that independance provides an opportunity to understand why the choices that YOU make, as opposed to choices that others make FOR YOU, are two wholly different things.

*Yes, i'm using Game theory here.

[edit on 26-11-2007 by Throbber]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by agoodfella

www.crimelibrary.com

Reports of missing persons have increased sixfold in the past 25 years, from roughly 150,000 in 1980 to about 900,000 this year. The increase was driven in part by the country's growing population. But the numbers also indicate that law enforcement treats the cases more seriously now, including [those of marginalized citizens].

An astounding 2,300 Americans are reported missing every day, including both adults and children.

Did this article attempt to explain with the authors consider a marginalized citizen?

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I think its quite simple really.

Someone gets fed up with the way things are in their country (say they really hate Bush)... do something stupid, like plan out revenge, and have to go into hiding, quite often ending up in another country.

They could also be petty criminals, who thought they were caught.

Or they went schizophrenic, and thought someone was after them.

I wouldn't doubt if the numbers of people going missing in the states makes up for the increased numbers of people living in Canada with no trace of how they got here.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
1 million people go missing a year and 990,000 are found. Someone above me said that the article never states how many people were found. There are alot of paranoid people who call the police if their child is missing for a few minutes, or if their husband/wife leaves them. It doesn't mean these people are missing for good.

Also, in the article it states that many of the people have psychiatric problems. I remember reading in 'The Dulce Papers' of the people that were contained in cages were called 'Hopelessly Insane.' I'm not saying that there is any connection there, but who knows.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Throbber
reply to post by IAmTetsuo

I would prefer to say that if you wanted your kids to be 'good little christians' then you should allow them to come to god on their own.

That too. And remember, parents, that your mighty pillar-of-the-community church was at one time a "cult", too. And children and teenagers do a certain amount of experimentation when it comes to religion. Some of it is just fads and counter-fads, and chances are that Junior will come back to the church of his birth. And if he doesn't, that's his business.

As for labelling a religious practice a "cult", forget Biblical orthodoxy and concentrate on how the organization treats its members, and how much pressure it applies to them, and questions of these sorts. And also forget picking on the smaller ones less able to defend themselves. To its credit, the secular anti-cult movement usually does consider actual practices rather than perceived social status, and in a fair way.

That said, I seriously doubt that people react in such as way that Tetsuo describes - rather than blaming it directly on the families you need to be aware that no mother or father will happily damn their own children, regardless of who they are or what they do.

So they blame it on outside conspiracies involving already-marginalized religions (Satanism, paganism) and traditions (black clothes, role-playing games, heavy metal). And yes, some people will go to all sorts of lengths in slander, such as that cowardly commie Geraldo Riviera with his "Devil Worship" TV special which alleged a powerful Satanic conspiracy was kidnapping and sacrificing babies by the millions. (Even specially breeding babies for slaughter.) Imagine what his fate would have been if he talked about Catholics or Jews in the same way!

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAvenger

I don't know a single missing person

[edit on 11/22/2007 by TheAvenger]

That's because they've gone missing already...

Or maybe it's got something to do with this?...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you got arrested and sent off to a 'top secret' place, then who would tell anyone that you've been arrested in the first place?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
And you thought it was horsemeat at Mcdonalds.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join