It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Support Obama Speak Up Here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I am interested in Barack Obama and am thinking about voting for him. Everything I've seen, heard and read about him makes me think his position on many issues is sensible as well as compassionate.

Most of what I've read on ATS has been negative. Some members seem to be hostile without giving real reasons for their anger. Others state the obvious: that he is African American. Some are suspicious of any candidate who receives a positive response from the mainstream media.

I would like to generate an in-depth discussion of the strengths, as well as the weaknesses, of this new star in the Democratic party. Thanks for your feedback!

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
right now the media gives exposure to none other than Obama the most, which means rich people are supporting him, more than normal ppl.
Except for Fox news of course

During the CNN/Youtube democratic debate, Andy Cooper the moderator from CNN asked Obama twice as many questions than the non-front-runners, which again supports the fact that Obama is getting the most exposure from media conglomerates owned by rich people.

For decades during every GOP Presidential debates, americans chose who to vote for by limiting their decision making process to which of the front runners to vote for, meaning which top 3 or 2 candidates the media supported the most.

When will this trend end?

Also read about the CFR, Obama is a member of the CFR which is a huge negative!

Sometimes Obama gives straight answers, other times he circles around a question and doesn't answer it. Ron Paul gives a straight and honest answer to absolutely every question he's ever been asked!

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
This thread has been here for over two weeks. I've only gotten one response so far. Isn't there anyone here who at least is interested in Obama? Did I ask the wrong questions? Are you concerned the trolls will take over? You don't have to post rave reviews for him; I'd just like some discussion of his good points as well as criticism. Viewers, please post!

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
From the results so far in the Iowa Democratic caucus, it looks like Obama has won. This shows his appeal goes way beyond just the African American vote. He has done particularly well in DesMoines and around the University of Iowa campus. His message of change seems to resonate with young voters ages 18-25. It might be more difficult to get the baby boomer vote, which is strongly for Clinton, but he is well on his way.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I thought this was worth sharing.
While I was unsuccessfully trying to tune someone old VCR into the TV I could hear talk back radio. Amongst local politics Iowa was discussed . Some American spoke on the Air and said that he was a Obama supporter and some one else said they were a Hillary supporter.

So Obama and Hillary are out there its just that they have a small representation on the boards.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
Everything I've seen, heard and read about him makes me think his position on many issues is sensible as well as compassionate.

Oh ?? Guess you haven't read THIS . Read up. He's a racist.

He also has NO EXPERIENCE and isn't capable of doing the job.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Obama is a senator from Illinois. He has almost as much experience as Hillary Clinton.

Your source simply says he goes to a black church that tries to instill black values as well as Christian ones. I agree with all their values, although I'm caucasian. I don't see anything inherently racist about his church just because it ministers to a certain population. If a white person wanted to attend I doubt that they'd be turned away. I go to a church that is predominantly white; it is open to all peoples but in actuality it attracts mainly caucasians. It also tries to instill cultural values as well as Christian ones. I don't think that makes us racist either. Acknowledging differences does not necessarily entail a hatred of them.

[edit on 4-1-2008 by Sestias]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I'm voting for Obama. I like Hillary too, but I think he has a better chance of winning in a national election. I also like the way he is reaching out to all sides and not giving in to the usual partisan bickering. I support his positions on Iraq and national healthcare, although they're the same as Clinton's and Edwards.' What's new is his message of hope and his ability to inspire people--that's not the only thing that matters but it's very important. I think he has the ability to lead this country in a more positive direction.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Super Tuesday has shown Obama and Clinton to be neck-and-neck still. Obama's campaign appears to be picking up steam as it continues, gaining independents, young voters and some who had dropped out of the electoral process altogether. It may be some time before Democrats will know which one will ultimately be the Democratic nominee, or if Clinton and Obama might be on the same ticket. I'd especially like to hear from young and/or first-time voters and women on their views of the contest.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It seems like there's a thread about anything and everything negative associated with Obama--is he a Muslim, is he patriotic, does he have any shady real estate investments, does he participate in gay sex and/or crack smoking etc. etc.

It looks like he will get the Democratic nomination. Those who actually support his candidacy, please post!

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I'm voting Obama.

Out of everyone he's running against, not only does he seem to have the best character, but the best policies, and the most sensible.

top topics

join