It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston Police Secretly Test Surveillance Drone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Houston Police Secretly Test Surveillance Drone

www.prisonplanet.com

Houston police started testing unmanned aircraft and the event was shrouded in secrecy, but it was captured on tape by Local 2 Investigates.

Neighbors in rural Waller County said they thought a top-secret military venture was under way among the farmland and ranches, some 70 miles northwest of Houston. KPRC Local 2 Investigates had four hidden cameras aimed at a row of mysterious black trucks. Satellite dishes and a swirling radar added to the neighbors' suspense.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I can see where these drones could be used for many practical purposes especially in law enforcement and search & rescue. However given the quality of cameras these days the video associated with this story shows how deceitful law enforcement can be. They outright lied to the media with scare tactics and idle threats, typical from those in power. Do you want more surveillance at the risk of losing even more of your privacy?

brill

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
So should law enforcement broadcast all of their capabilities in the open? Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures are usually sensitive topics as knowledge of them allows criminals to come up with countermeasures.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja
So should law enforcement broadcast all of their capabilities in the open? Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures are usually sensitive topics as knowledge of them allows criminals to come up with countermeasures.

I agree there are considerations here. Obviously law enforcement will move in a a forward direction as far as technology is concerned but its those who abuse this power and it goes unchecked that is of concern. Difficult to appease both sides.

brill

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

"The price tag for an unmanned aircraft ranges from $30,000 to $1 million each and HPD is hoping to begin law enforcement from the air by June of 2008 with these new aircraft."

considering the price of these things,the need for maintenance and operational costs,wouldnt it be better to hire more police??.

i once again smell a rat,someone like haliburton has developed this thing,and now there getting some money out if it courtesy of the taxpayer.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

Trying to keep it secret is absurd , eventually everybody will know that drones are flying around , so it's nonsensical to suggest they are divulging any top secret operation . any way this is the first step to a surveillance society and should be resisted .
I don't want the future to consist of drones flying around first for innocuous reasons like searching for lost cripple children , looking for lost puppies , but simultaneously entering our private lives , zooming in our CARS , our TABS, our BOATS , our HOMES . Are you people insane or just a pack of non-thinking sheep , willing to give away your privacy , to comply with state propaganda .
The money is in state surveillance and the POWER is in State Surveillance not putting out fires , which they have planes already equipped for that job, so if you don't know for example The Not so GREAT BRITAIN is the most surveilled country in the world , with something like one Camera for every Seven people, and where your car license is scanned by a camera before entering London , where a data bank records all your actions , which includes your names , address, if you owe money , taxes , what kind of gun you own. all that info is readily available to track ANYBODY .
These Fascists don't give a damn about FREEDOM , which includes every little crooked poo dunk police dept . that can seize enough property in their territory through phony drug busts and use that money to buy the cool surveillance gadgets and you know they WILL ABUSE these surveillance spy tools , it will happen and all the way to Home Land Security , because that's how we can get al qaeda , but of course , we need cameras in the sky, on every corner ,what a joke who's taking away our rights the " terrorists" , no politicians who have it easy , because FEAR sells and they are there to "protect us" . But people are sheep in general , and can easily be lead so proved Goering , tell them your under attack and we will protect you , and learned very well , by the current regime in the White House .
No , an ex CIA Op. put it very we'll "the Nazis didn't lose the war , they just had to relocate ". Every knows that Nazi Rocket scientist where shipped to the United States , but if you google Operation Paper Clip, you'll see the extent of thousands of Nazis being incorporated in U.S. society from Academia to Chemical warfare to Weapons designs and of course why wouldn't they use any useful propaganda technique designed by the masters of propaganda .
Say no to Drones, Say no to cameras, and try to keep whats left of our freedoms .

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I believe is more about the intention than the secrecy, first of all we are suppose to have a transparent system of government that is what a nation rule by its people is about.

Now we have all kind of secrecies and conspiracies against the people on this nation.

I dare anybody to tell me what the intentions of this secrecy is all about but to deceive the people and for abuse of powers.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Homeland Security is involved, of course. This is insane, expect this coming to a city near you since the Fed is getting involved.

edit: I decided to do a search before I posted a new topic, found out this was created in 2007 after I made my post. But this video is from this month, so this has been on Houston's radar for a while.

[edit on 11/1/10 by xstealth]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

"The price tag for an unmanned aircraft ranges from $30,000 to $1 million each

Most police departments spend this for a helicopter and most big cities have 5+ in the air daily.

Plus the cost of the crews many cities would save money using unmanned aircraft.

They need to put about 50 of these on the border with Mexico and slow down the illegals crossing there.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by ANNED]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Yeah Skynet is here. People really ought to be aware of the fact that in addition to these automated unmanned drones they really are working on creating artificial intelligence.

Artificial intelligence controlling an automated drone.

Of course every one means well. It's all fun and games until someone looses an eye and then sorry is never enough.

I just wathced the movie 9 by Tim Burton tonight.

Considering the motive for these things is power, control and profit, do we really, really need these things?

Almost everything we have in the way of a modern convenience was first developed as a military application.

Frankly I think the military industrial complex is making too many things that the human race is not emotionally mature or wise enough to properly safeguard and handle.

I vote for a return to the Dark Ages post haste!

The world was a far more equitable place when we all had to make do with just swords!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Miami-Dade police were the first to buy & test these things. They got two of them a year or two ago.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I already reported on this weeks ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

WALLER COUNTY, Texas -- Houston police started testing unmanned aircraft and the event was shrouded in secrecy, but it was captured on tape by Local 2 Investigates.

"I wasn't ready to publicize this," Executive Assistant Police Chief Martha Montalvo said. She and other department leaders hastily organized a news conference when they realized Local 2 Investigates had captured the entire event on camera.

new topics

top topics

join