It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Police Go Door to Door to Search for Guns

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Nope! No police state in the US... can't ever happen... land of the free, home of the brave... rah... rah... rah... USA!... USA!... USA!... NASCAR rules man!!! /sarcasm

Enjoy your gilded cages you mindless, frightened, cowering masses. You deserve what's coming and it's coming faster than you could ever imagine.

Wribbit!!

[edit on 11/22/2007 by Gools]

They are merely symptoms of the disease. I am one of many. I have done little to change the world. If I change myself everything will. I live in my mind and watch days pass. This thing has been set into motion. I will see where it goes. I can watch from inside my box.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Camar
x-phile:
You can say no? How many of those folks know that? Cops come to the door and say "we are here to search your house for weapons" And people say no!? Are you joking?
Yes they are searching without warrants, that is the point of the newscast.
Parents are ASKING the cops to search their kids rooms?! WHY? That does not even make sense to me.

No I haven't read anything about it, other than what I have seen here. But I will certainly be looking into it.

You can say no? Heheheh. I guess the cops in Canada don't ever intimidate anyone into giving up their rights. You have rights in Canada, yes?

Oh come on at least watch the freaking video before posting all these useless questions that could have been answered by simply watching the video

Parents are requesting police to search their kids rooms because they know their kids are into gang banging activities and know they are powerless to stop them. They are not searching for their parents guns they are searching for the KIDS guns which would only be used for criminal activities. The police have stated they are not looking for drugs and if they come across small amounts they wont confiscate. I understand most peoples fears but come on, the police are taking a direct approach to tackling gun violence, and the same program was successful in St. Louis.

Edited for spelling

[edit on 23-11-2007 by ben420]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I think they should have a warrant in hand if uninvited because most people are not going to say no even if they know they have the right to.

Also, this like inviting Dracula into your house. You authorized the police to search your kids rooms, you invited them into your home- They claim that they will not prosecute unless the gun(s) found have been involved with crimes, or not care if there's a three foot long bong shrouded in a wall of smoke sitting in the living room. C'mon-

As stated before, if they happen to see Grandpa Jed's rifle hanging on the wall, you mean to tell me they're not gonna ask to see an FID card, ( Firearms Identification Card in MA. )? What if you don't have one what then?

EDIT TO ADD: Or a registration for the rifle which is required by law?

And most importantly, as also stated previous-

If you decline to let them search they will wonder if it's because you are hiding something. It's human nature to do so. Especially for law enforcement personnel.

And to the people that say "Well- If you've got nothing to hide. . ."
You are still giving up your rights whether you decide to deny it or not.

If they want to have a program where residents sign up to have their houses searched because they're not sure of what their kids are up to then that's a whole different story.

God forbid- But what's gonna happen if they enter a dwelling someday, some kid pulls out a glock and they gun him down right in his own bedroom? Think there will be any prosecuting going on in that instance?

Don't get me wrong- The intent is good, but the protocol needs to be tweaked. This is a Pandora's box IMHO.

2PacSade-

spelling

[edit on 23-11-2007 by 2PacSade]

[edit on 23-11-2007 by 2PacSade]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Throbber
reply to post by ModernAcademia

If i wasn't so paranoid, i'd praise the boston police for taking a direct approach to gun crime and it's effect of the youth of tomorrow.

you hit the nail on the head, lost in all of the blustering about rights is these KIDS have GUNS.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
What if someone impersonates a cop to get access to a bedroom?

What if the officers involved find something besides a gun? Would that not count as 'reasonable suspicion' to get a warrant later? Immediate confiscation not reguired...

What if some kid is using a gun for self-protection against threats from other kids, and that gun is suddenly taken?

What if the parents are intimidated and do not know or realize they have the right to refuse the search?

What if the kid searched already has a strained relationship with their parents? Wouldn't this be a major mistrust issue for them?

What if... I'm stopping here before I wear out those buttons on my keyboard.

On the surface, this appears to be consitutional, since the search is not forced. On the other hand, the possibility for abuse is huge here, and the probability of increasing the problem seems to be even greater. Legal? Probably. A good idea? I think not. But then again, I don't live in a high-crime district, so maybe I am simply not fully aware of the situation.

Or maybe I am. I do know I'm going to be watching this little experiment very very closely. I hope the rest of the folks here do as well. I would really like to know why the parents don't know if their kid has a gun in their room, though...

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   

talk about an illegal search, watch this cop tell the wife he's gonna search her car.
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 22/11/07 by Camar]

Can anyone in Law Enforcement tell me if that was an illegal search. From my point of view, I assumed that since he only checked the drivers seat that he was within his rights based on the arrest and that the wife wasn't in charge of the vehicle until he asked her if she would take responsibility for it.

But I also question the authority to arrest simply from a refusal to sign the ticket. Isit illegal to refuse to sign a ticket? I know that signing it is not an admission of guilt, but arrest seems a bit much.

And in my opinion, the guy was looking for trouble and not being cooperative. When he got tazed, it did appear that he was attempting to leave.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Gools

I agree, I wonder if this will be the same if the neighborhoods were expensive areas with well to be families.

I guess children in better homes and neighborhoods do not hide guns in their bedrooms, do not use drugs and are model of society.

reply to post by wingman77

I agree with you also

Nothing more than a tagging and percussion of a certain part of the population through profiling.

I guess in America as long as is tagged for the safety of society is OK to give away your rights.

Meanwhile the son of the prominent lawyer of doctor in the best part of town will get preferences in court and never will see a police man demanding to search their rooms

Wake up America, tell me where you live and will tell you how you will be handle or mishandle.

[edit on 23-11-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

What was i saying about paranoia?

The fact is that these police are aware of the problems faced by today's youth (or at least the excuses), and they intend to get ALL the guns out of the kid's hands.

If, all of a sudden, gun crime continues in areas which have already been gone over, then those guns are coming from a legitimate source - i.e; those old enough to provide the youths with firearms.

I'm worried there is some sort of obssessive conditioning happening in these environments, that without a gun, you cannot continue living.

It's a sad state of affairs if children feel that they cannot live without the power to take the lives of others.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I haven't had time to watch the video yet but I will later. I just wanted to tell you that I was recently talking to a friend of mine who is a cop in Boston and they were telling me that a police officer was recently gunned down on his way home from the firing range. The officer was one of the cops who investigates gang related crimes and this was why he was murdered. Maybe this is the reason behind these searches. I'll be talking to my friend later and see if they can give me any more details about the searches.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I haven't heard about the police officer assassination but it wouldn't surprise me,

Here's a story of a recent killing of a HS student.

www.boston.com... ity%2FRegion+News

Jones, 17, of Dorchester was gunned down in broad daylight while walking home from Madison Park High School, where he was a junior, his family said.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mzrti
I haven't had time to watch the video yet but I will later. I just wanted to tell you that I was recently talking to a friend of mine who is a cop in Boston and they were telling me that a police officer was recently gunned down on his way home from the firing range. The officer was one of the cops who investigates gang related crimes and this was why he was murdered. Maybe this is the reason behind these searches. I'll be talking to my friend later and see if they can give me any more details about the searches.

When did this happen? I missed it.

Situations like these stem from a bigger issue I believe. To be a Boston Police Officer, if I'm not mistaken, one has to live in Boston. The city is not that big, and when they have to live in such close proximity to where they work, things like this are bound to happen. Too bad. . .

No matter what they do- Criminals will get guns.

2PacSade-

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Some of you people have no clue about the horror that is caused by giving consent to cops, EVER. NEVER, ever, ever give consent to ANY search, at any time. That is the rule. Ask ANY attorney.

The cops can and WILL arrest people for planted evidence( see Atlanta 92 year old woman murdered by cops,evidence planted ) and there are thousands of cases of cops abusing the process if given a chance. If a cop come to your door, MOST people feel intimidated, scared, overwhelmed by the authority of a bold, blustering, lying pig, and they will allow searches even though it may cause them trouble.

The cops can NEVER be trusted to tell the truth, ever. They lie without shame and abuse rights without ceasing, so why on earth would anyone think that allowing cops into their homes is any way of solving a problem? If some kid has a gun and the parent is not in charge enough to make them get rid of it, then that is not a real parent anyway. But involving the cops will only pit family against family, and cause more revenge killings.

Just think about all the stories we hear about almost every day about some cop that gets CONSENT from some stupid driver and finds some contraband: WHY on earth would anyone carrying contraband willingly allow the cops to search their vehicle or person? It makes no sense. If the consent is NOT given, and the cops search anyway, there is a very good chance that the evidence will be suppressed in court and charges dismissed. But if consent is given, all rights to appeal are automatically reduced to almost zero. Never give consent.

But most of us are used to being scared of cops and intimidated by authority and so we listen to their lies..their bluffs..and go along with the garbage. Just the other day, I was talking to a relative, who had a visit from a cop. The cop said that ' someone ' had reported that there were marijuana plants growing in the apartment, and he wanted to search. No papers, nothing, just an unsubstantiated allegation. The relative at first was insulted and told the cops so, that there was nothing illegal there but to ask to search based on some nonsensical lie...but after the cop said this, he relented and allowed the search anyway: The cops said : " If you don't let me search right now, I will go and get a warrant and come back and do it anyway". The guy believed this TOTAL LIE and let the cop in. Nothing was found and the cop didn't even apologize for it all; just looked at them as if they had gotten rid of it or whatever.

You can NEVER win if you give consent: it is the chance for the bad cops ( most all ) to plant drugs or evidence, claim to smell something and look deeper into private homes..etc. The good cops, if any are left out there at all, will NEVER ask a citizen to give up their Constitutional Rights: It is UN American to ask anyone to give up a precious Right just to make it easier for some flat footed thug with a badge to abuse his authority. Tell the cops NO. Over and over.. Preactice it if you are a weak sort: Do it in front of a mirror and just look the cop in the eye and say NO, HELL NO!1 I will NOT allow any searches without a warrant.

A poster above got it right: First, the government creates a permenent underclass of minorities, who are kept in ghettos for the most part. Then, get rid of welfare all at once and with NO jobs to go to, the youth become used to crime as a way to survive. Then, bring in great amounts of drugs ( CIA again ) and make addicts of people, customers, to provide the cash for further black missions and to enrich the head guys, of course. Then, arrest as many lower level drug users as possible to make warm bodies for the PRISON INDUSTRY to flourish and further corrupt the economy.

Then when the areas where all of this takes place shows the obvious decline built in to the system, the laws can be expanded to include extra-Constitutional means of ' suppressing crime ', including what we see in this thread: In Boston cops will come in plain clothes to your door, knock and demand to enter with no warrant. If the owner refuses, then of course they will go on a list to be further looked at and maybe used to get back at them for refusing. If they obey the cops and let them in, the cops can and WILL arrest anyone for anything that they wish. If you believe their promises to ignore minor things you are very gullible!! Cops lie!! Always!!

Never trust anything that a cop says. Never believe that they will obey the law and respect your rights, they will NOT. If a cop asks for permission for ANYTHING, that means that he has NO RIGHT to it, and must rely on your being weak and a psuhover to get past the law and your rights. Never ever give comsent, under any circumstances. the cops will kill you and lie, destroy your family and laugh, and plant evidence and perjure themselves without compunction if they decide to. This is a proven FACT and there are thousands, tens of thousands of innocent victims of police misconduct who cry out from the grave and the jail cell for us to NEVER trust these dogs. They lie.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraclete1

talk about an illegal search, watch this cop tell the wife he's gonna search her car.
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 22/11/07 by Camar]

Can anyone in Law Enforcement tell me if that was an illegal search. From my point of view, I assumed that since he only checked the drivers seat that he was within his rights based on the arrest and that the wife wasn't in charge of the vehicle until he asked her if she would take responsibility for it.

But I also question the authority to arrest simply from a refusal to sign the ticket. Isit illegal to refuse to sign a ticket? I know that signing it is not an admission of guilt, but arrest seems a bit much.

And in my opinion, the guy was looking for trouble and not being cooperative. When he got tazed, it did appear that he was attempting to leave.

In most states, a cop has the right to either take you in, or issue you a ticket. If you refuse to sign the ticket, you can be arrested, which was an option all along anway for the cop. The search was NOT legal: The man was in the back of a cop car handcuffed and so the drivers area was NOT in question as to whether or not there was anything there that could be reached by him and present a danger to the cop. The wife was being let go with the car anway: The cop just DECIDED to search without asking for consent: He should have asked for permission, but why bother when so many people will just let them get away with it? That cop had NO right to search that car after the man was taken into custody and the decision was made to let the wife continue. If the car was being towed and the wife was being refused to drive it, they then could have done an ' inventory search '. But that was not the case: It was just a cop taking the law into his own hands and deciding to search like most of them do, with no legal reason and no legal consent. Bullies all. That cop is a liar and a bully.

I will agree that the guy went too far and placed himself in a postition to get arrested, but the cop LIED and said that the man was ' jumping around ' and that he told him he would Taze him if he didn't stop. Those were LIES as proven by the tape. The filthy cop is a liar and an abuser of the law and our rights. He is a filthy pig of the worst kind, and no doubt today is out there smirking at all of us knowing that he can and will lie again and again to abuse us. I hate him and all like him. I wish there was a special cancer that only struck bad cops: But then again, there would'nt be enough left to do anything!!

In any event, the cop is a liar and was not MAN enough to walk over and place his hands on the guy and take him in. What did cops do before Tzaers? No, they didn't just shoot people who didn't obey them fast enough..they grabbed them and cuffed them and took them in..all alone most of the time!! Imagine that!! Real men doing a job without abusing the people they ' serve'. Cops today make me sick and when things get really bad watch for them to become the next real enemy of the people. They are already but keep it under wraps pretty well for now; when things get bad, it will be open warfare between the people and the cops, and I know which dise I will be on. Do you?

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
So long as the parents request the search there is nothing illegal going on.

To say that the owner of a property cannot invite any person they want to that property, to include a police officer, would be the unconstitutional thing.

reply to post by eyewitness86

Originally posted by eyewitness86
In most states, a cop has the right to either take you in, or issue you a ticket. If you refuse to sign the ticket, you can be arrested, which was an option all along anway for the cop.

It is called a SILA, or Summons In Lieu of Arrest. If you don’t sign the ticket saying you are going to show up in court, you get arrested see the judge a little quicker.

The search was NOT legal:

Yes if was.

Before I explain why you are wrong, I want to make it clear that I believe the cop should be fired. He could easily have attempted to use a control hold to place the man on the hood of the car or ground and place him in mechanical restraints. Because police departments are now forced to hire small men and women to be PC, however, they teach a taser first attitude at the academies. In tasering the man, he left him vulnerable along the side of a highway with cars whizzing past. He did not look for traffic before he incapacitated the man. He also left the man on the ground next to said busy highway after cuffing him and left the immediate area to deal with the woman who WAS compliant and was only a secondary threat, placing the man who was in his custody and therefore CARE in a dangerous situation.

Now, you are wrong because: A police officer has the legal authority to search a person for weapons anytime they make contact with a person. That search may legally (as per the Supreme Court) include anything within easy reach of the driver of a vehicle, or a passenger for that matter. The pig wanted to make sure that there was no gun in the center console that the woman could shoot him in the back with. If he really wanted to be an ass he could have searched her person and gone through her purse as well.

Now she could have denied him access to the driver seat area of the vehicle, and he in turn could have towed the car and left her on the side of the road.

[edit on 23-11-2007 by cavscout]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout
So long as the parents request the search there is nothing illegal going on.

To say that the owner of a property cannot invite any person they want to that property, to include a police officer, would be the unconstitutional thing.

Please, you know those guests were planted
This is Fox News here we are talking about!

One of the girls even said "If they don't let cops in, then IT'S CLEAR that they have something to hide".

This wasn't msnbc or Cspan, it was Fox

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Camar

That is disgusting!!! I hope he sues the Police officer for use of unreasonable force. In addition, he should try and take the use of a taser as a "non-leathal" weaon to task, too, as they are killing people.

[edit on 23-11-2007 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Interesting comments in the video posted by the OP.

The former DA was saying that the Police have "promised" not to prosecute, the 4th Amendment states that you have a right to refuse a search without a warrant, and that you have protections against unreasonable searches, BUT, what does the 4th Amendment state after you've agreed to a search? It appears you waive your rights under the 4th Amendment, and any promises the Police may have made prior to the search are null and void.

Is there anything saying the Police can't extend the search beyond the original request when you agreed to a search? i.e. they ask to search a kids room to look for guns, but then what if they decide to check out the rest of the house? The agreement was for the kids room, so what is the deal there?

To say this is open to abuse by the Police is an understatement.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Come on people. This is not a Democratic thing or a Republican thing this is something EVIL that calls itself both. I don't even think this is just a program to find weapons in kids rooms. There is something else to this little test on our constitutional rights and it smells a lot worse than teen spirit. Something very wierd is going to happen soon to all of us Americans and until we stop relying on the Nightly News as our only source of information were never going to really grasp what exactly is going on here.
WAKE UP!!! WE THE PEOPLE ARE NO LONGER CALLING THE SHOTS HERE IN AMERICA.
Turn off your TELEVISION for a couple of days and really research what's happening and what people are saying and do it quick because their going after the internet very soon.
And if your on the left read what the right is saying and if your on the right read what the left has to say. I've found we have a lot more in common than I had originally thought.
These little fights over domestic issues are FAKE!! There is a point on each issue were we start to agree and do agree but were fighting each other anyway. What the heck is going on here.
PLEASE PLEASE let's stop this finger pointing, step outside and begin talking to one another. Do it soon though because I fear time is getting short.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Ben420:
Do you think I didn't watch the video? My God!
I am to the point now that I .....well....sigh.... I may have to give up and just go tactical.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Remember your 4th Amendment rights folks...if a cop was supposed to be in your home, he'd have broken the door down. Don't ever open the door to a cop!!! Once you open the door, anything they can see, is possible evidence that can be used against you, and can be used to further search your home, without a warrant, if illegal (like a bong). Anything within sight is fair game.
And yes, they will say and do anything to intimidate you. The only reason they will try to get you to cooperate is to make THEIR job easier for themselves, not to make it easier on you, as they claim. It's all a huge lie to try and get you to cooperate and make their job easier. They aren't helping you, only themselves.

As he said above, if they have to ASK, they don't have the right to be there. If they really had a right to be in your home, they wouldn't have knocked, they would have busted the door in. Cops get most of their evidence thru what they call "knock an talks". Don't EVER open your door to the cops folks! Please, please don't do it.

Oh, and don't fall for the "someone called in a 911 call routine"...it's the oldest trick in the book....I've seen that one used on folks to attempt to gain entry into homes also. Normally, on a 911 call, they feel they have the right to come in and inspect your home for whatever reason....depending on the laws of your state, that may or may not be true. But it's the oldest trick in the book, and used by alot of cops to gain entry into a home that they have no search warrant for and cannot get one for. Don't fall for it!!!!!

Another good one is that they like to say "I smell pot"....but that is no longer a legit excuse to enter a home, so don't fall for that one either. Its BS. Don't let them in.

No search warrant, no entry. Remember your 4th Amendment rights folks!

KarmaGurl

Just my 2 cents, for whatever they are worth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join