It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spyware Actual Spy help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
When I switched from eTrust to Norton, I found out for an unknown amount of time my computer has been being monitered by someone.

It said I had spyware actual spy

Does anyone know how dangerous this thing is? It's gone now, but alot of private information has been lost.

Can this be the reason why I have trouble logging in to ATS and other sites I have accounts to?

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Can you be more specific about what Norton found. Spyware isn't actually spying on you. It's a kinda misleading term.

I use the term malware because it has the tendency to be malicious.

Keylogger programs that are resident on your system can actually steal passwords.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I think I deleted it from the history

I know it was attatched to my keyboard, start menu, about everything on internet explorer, and the temporary files.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
If you feel your personal information, identity, bank information, etc have been compromised then I hope you have contactd the parties. Otherwise, if you had spyware, then username and password could have been transmitted to a 3rd party for marketing reasons. Spyware/adware/malware/greyware are all bad but some are worse than others. Most spyware is harmless. Althoug it can ruin yur day because it usually effects your connection to the internet.

Go here for a better explaination

explained

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I think wildcat was specific, he just wasn't clear.
Check this out.

It said I had spyware actual spy

Spyware.ActualSpy

www.actualspy.com...

www.google.com...

Bad stuff man, but probably installed by Mom-n-Dad, or the Boss, not a "driveby" installation.

[edit on 11/22/07 by makeitso]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Oh no I don't live with my parents, moved out a year ago.

Maybe I downloaded it but didn't remember. I remember awhile ago I was downloading privacy stuff.

[edit on 22-11-2007 by wildcat]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

LOL
Now it makes sense.

Okay. get yourself to www.superantispyware.com and download, update, install and get rid of that pesky bug..

Good luck

My trend micro PC cillin blocked the website for "actual spy" but the info on the symantic site is good to know.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Norton got rid of it

top topics

join