It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible military coup in the United Kingdom?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
For those members of the United Kingdom, we are aware of the army becoming very disillusioned with the government. One could say dangerously, especially since the heads of the armed forces are speaking out nearly every day. Here are some examples;

Brown 'shows contempt for forces'
Army head concerned for morale
Nation should "value" troops
Are British troops are breaking point in Iraq?

These are only a few examples, but is it possible the army could overthrow the government? Well, there was a plot remove Harold Wilson's government during the 70s. Could another plot happen again?

Who was plotting an army coup against Wilson?

[edit on 22-11-2007 by infinite]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
An article from 2006;

Could it happen today?

he question muted; 'how easy would it be to do today?' Some two hours later and after a flurry of phone calls the answer is yes. Yes, it still could be done. If anything (subject to a necessary figurehead) it is easier to accomplish today than in the seventies: namely because government is more centralised and there is an increased malaise in the UK.

I think this is quite an interest topic i've raised. And very possible too.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
As much as it pains me to say this I don't think the majority of the British public really gives a toss anymore.
The public have been dummed down that much that they are far more interested in who wins X Factor than who wins a General Election.
They view politics as an inconvenience.
The minority who have an opinion are deemed politically uncorrect and and feel afraid to express their opinion.

As such, if a Military coup did happen I don't think many people would notice anyway.

Could it happen? Yeah sure.

Will it happen? I don't think so, the powers that be who really run the country are the elf same people that run the military and are the arms manufacturers.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Will it happen? I don't think so, the powers that be who really run the country are the elf same people that run the military and are the arms manufacturers.

I wouldn't be too sure.
This country is heading towards dangerous routes, for example, the population is becoming very tired with the current system. Many wouldn't rule out a form of revolution.

Again, anything is possible due to the current mood.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I travel quite extensively in the UK, work and play, and have many friends throughout the whole country due to various social activities.

Whilst it is true that a lot of people I meet show a genuine dislike of cuurent policies, politicians in general and the direction that British society as a whole is being forced down, there is a complete reluctance to take positive or direct action.
We have become a nation of whingers and moaners.
Every weekend, in pubs across the land it is commonplace to witness hushed conversations of locals expressing their discontent, but ask them to take action and the reaction is always the same.... I would but....and then comes the excuses.
People are afraid to express themselves openly unless in company that they feel safe as they fear being branded as extremist or politically incorrect.
People are encouraged to inform on neighbours.
What does all this remind you of?

The rest of the population have been so dummed down through a combination of an education system that discourages people to think as an individual and to question the accepted viewpoint and a concerted media campaign aimed at encouraging people not to think to hard.

A Military coup? Why? They are only one step away from achieving their goal anyway.

[edit on 22-11-2007 by Freeborn]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Honestly I don't see how it's any closer now than it has been for a few years. I don't live in the UK, but if I understand it correctly, the British military values freedom just as the US military does. So hopefully when that final crackdown comes, both militaries will uphold their oaths and overthrow both governments.

It goes up much higher than just our respective governments, but that's at least a start.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Please add the example of the PARA chief quitting over lack of funding (yesterday or day before I believe).

The coup you speak of could easily happen and I think it would be welcomed by alot of us. However, I am speaking of the forces controlling themselves internally, no strings from the NWO puppet masters.

We just wouldn't know until it was over would we?

Wow, thinking about it has actually made me think there MIGHT be a future.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
It is my opinion that the people are in fact "Dumbed" down, and incapable of taking control back.

Therefor, the trigger for any and all Military actions should hinge on the upcoming U.S election. If the election is not held for any reason, the military in any country have my blessing to take over control, be it Germany, France, U.S. Canada, Mexico, Great Briton, etc.

The small amount of bloodshed that would be involved in a military takeover would be nothing in comparison to an all out revolt by the people.

God help us all.............

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

I would love to see a worldwide (bloodless) revolution where the people finally stand up and say enough and take back their resources, their land, their money, their infrastructure - EVERYTHING that wouldn't exist without the PEOPLE.

The masses may not know politics or even be interested. They may not be professional liars like politicians. They probably can't master behind the scenes schemes and plots. But they know what they want. I've never met a human being who didn't want freedom. That's what every human wants. Freedom.

Imagine a world wide revolution. OUR new world order. Freedom for everyone. Constitutional republics for everyone. No hereditary control. No rigged election control. Just basic to the bone government, and freedom. Nothing more.

That would be quite a sight to see. Unfortunately in most nations it would take the military initiating such a coup. Hopefully in most nations the military takes over for the people rather than for control and power.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
Hopefully in most nations the military takes over for the people rather than for control and power.

That could happen.

And monkeys might come rocketing out of my keester on unicycles.

[edit on 22-11-2007 by The Good Reverend Roger]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
the military has been ground into the dirt by the politicians,whom they see are now vunerable.
and now gordon brown leaves the country and so they sensed the time was right to assert their authority and preserve their status with a well planned media assault.

i dont blame them.

[edit on 23-11-2007 by welivefortheson]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Maybe the question should be this,
What would the military do if Gordon Brown decided to take full control of the United Kingdom? (after all, many, including Tony Blair, were worried about his paranoid control freak like nature).

Would the army sit back and do nothing? I doubt it.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
A lot of the bad news here revolves around the army, and they certainly have had a rough deal of it, but what would the Royal Navy and RAF do if the army looked at going down this road?

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   
so you don't trust gordon brown but you trust the militery?
the labour party were elected democratically, a coup means the loss of democracy and the instatution of a militery state and you seem to think this is a step forward!!! the government is stupid and all but at least they're not trained to view human life as expendable. i just don't see how a coup would be better.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
so you don't trust gordon brown but you trust the militery?
the labour party were elected democratically, a coup means the loss of democracy and the instatution of a militery state and you seem to think this is a step forward!!! the government is stupid and all but at least they're not trained to view human life as expendable. i just don't see how a coup would be better.

Well, I wasn't suggesting the military runs the government, just remove Gordon Brown's administration (Tony Blair's administration was elected, NOT Brown's)

Yes, I know we vote for a representative in the UK and not the government, but still, most people vote for the party leader.

But to be fair a military junta would probably be much better than Brown's administration.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
yeah, but there is other ways to go about removing brown, start an online pertition calling for a vote of no confidence or write letters to your local conservative mp.

also remember, if brown did attempt to seize control the queen still has it in her power to disolve government and call a re-election, it's a safe guard against such an action, so he would have to depose her, and the militery swear allegance to the queen not the gov., so it seems unlikely to me that he could swing it.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
yeah, but there is other ways to go about removing brown, start an online pertition calling for a vote of no confidence or write letters to your local conservative mp.

This is the SAME Gordon Brown who refused to take orders from Tony Blair (when he was Prime Minister) You REALLY think he will listen to a petition?

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
But to be fair a military junta would probably be much better than Brown's administration.

Well, I have to say

I'm sure the people of Burma will gladly swap places with us

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muppetus Galacticus
Well, I have to say

I'm sure the people of Burma will gladly swap places with us

ermm..

It was a sarcastic comment about Gordon Brown

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Its never going to happen. There is however, a high level of anger, frustration and disillusionment with the government in the UK at the moment. When the time comes they will be voted out in favour of another incompetent opposition government, and so the cycle continues.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join