It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moment of Truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I question this game show, have some questions for our friends there in the UK and other countries where this gameshow has been. Moment of Truth This is going to raise alot of questions like. Are contestants held liable for their answers and results?

To the UK: Has anything from this gameshow been in the news where stuff has been revealed and brought alot of attention to it?

How far is this going to go!! To me this is just absurd here is a snippet

Contestants competing on The Moment of Truth will be hooked-up to a lie detector and asked to answer 21 questions without fibbing for the chance to win the $500,000 grand prize. Not surprisingly, the questions' subject matter grows more difficult with each correct answer given and -- as friends and family members watch from the studio audience -- owning up to the truth becomes harder.

[edit on 22-11-2007 by kdial1]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I'm so going to watch this show. They got me hooked with the first commercial I saw. Advertising does work, apparently.

Face it - people like sticking their nose in others' business, and like seeing others in controversial and embarrassing situations. This show gives all of that.

I think it's a great show idea. I had never heard of it until that commercial. When I looked it up, I found out that it's been in many countries all over the world.

Don't buy in to the politically correct sensitive argument about shows like this. It's all in fun and it's entertaining.

[edit on 12/4/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I don't get the attraction of this show...

They've already been hooked up, and already answered the questions.
When on the show, there is no hook up and have full knowledge of the questions being asked (as they did it already). THAT (a live hookup to the detector) would be more fun to watch, hehe....

So, there is really little suspense here, and most of the questions aren't really that bad...(and anybody who goes on the show would be wise to clear up things with the spouse, etc. beforehand)...

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I have a hard time watching that show. Fox sets a new standard for long dramatic pauses in it.

"Have you flirted with someone else while with your wife?"...
ANSWER ALREADY!!!
"Yes."
WHAT THE HELL ARE WE STILL WAITING FOR?!
C'MON ALREADY!!!
(Sorry Mods)
"That answer is TRUE".

What the?! Why the hell did we have to wait so long to hear THAT!

Ok, so this is the usual conversation going on in my house when that show is on TV.

I have a hard time watching it, because if you mix that with the outrageous amount of commercials, and the 'We'll find out his answer next week' BS, and the fact that they take the first 10 mins. of the show to recap the previous week, it really just pisses me off.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
... they had this concept on a radio station here in Perth some time back.
A couple would come in, one half would hook up, the other ask the questions.

I tell you, the amount of times it ended in tears and akward silences made me wonder just what these people hoped to get out of it.

This show has the potential of ruining familes, work places, friends, relationships and lives...

all for $$$'s?

spose thats the mentality of man.

new topics

top topics

join