It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Gives Russia New Missle Proposals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

U.S. Gives Russia New Missle Propasals

www.reuters.com

Russian President Vladimir Putin also proposed setting up a joint missile defense system, which would include European countries.

Earlier this week Putin said Moscow would not remain indifferent to NATO's "muscle-flexing" and said Russia's nuclear forces would be ready for an adequate response to any aggressor.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-11-2007 by kdial1]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Tensions increasing.....Although we have had success diplomatically with russia hopefully this pans out alright.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Quote from the Reuters article:

"While Washington has made clear it was ready to cooperate with Russia, it said the Russian offer was an addition rather than a replacement for its missile shield plan."

Does US not know what negotiation and cooperation is or what? Putin has offered to utilize Russia's installation in Azerbaijan, right on the border with Iran. So why does US still want the installations in Europe. After all, this is about Iran's missiles, not Russia's right? If so than why does the US not budge?

The US wants too much of the pie, and I think the result of this assertiveness will be that it won't get anything.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Being discussed already:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Happy Thanksgiving!!

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I hope russia invvades my country and gets pushed back perhaps it will make a stalemate for the next 40 yrs and i can live my life.

new topics

top topics

join