It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil War USA

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Its becoming quite obvious that what is happening inside the US will lead to a civil war and a complete break up of the Union. Everything from lying bought politicians to innocent people being tasered is the daily diet of the nation now.

Military spending out of controll, draconian laws, a police force that resembles the para military of a despot nation, worthless currency, trillions in debt a widening chasm between the haves and the have nots, yes the nation and its people are ripe for civil war.

That point in time when the people will no longer take it is quickly approaching and there will be a great blood letting, but the real villains will get free of all this, their plans are already made.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Its becoming quite obvious that what is happening inside the US will lead to a civil war and a complete break up of the Union.

Did I miss some huge news announcement? What is happening here in America that is leading us into a civil war?.....

Everything from lying bought politicians to innocent people being tasered is the daily diet of the nation now.

Every politician in the world has been purchased, and very few tell the truth. I think its an international standard.

Tasers leading to a civil war? .. not so likely, perhaps new laws regulating them perhaps, but I would bet a few more innocent people will die at the hands of a taser before that happens.

The last big taser event was in Canada by the way. Not America. I have no problem with police tasing the crap out of real criminal, its the 1 in a million misuse issue. And it is an issue, don't get me wrong..

And perhaps, being English you just get bad reports about America, I don't know, but I assure you, of all the things to lead to civil war, Tasing is not one of them.

Military spending out of controll

This is true, can't argue there, a 5 year war is insane, and it no doubt is helping the depreciation of the dollar.

draconian laws

Our laws are more and more aggressive against privacy, many have been rebuked by the Supreme Court, some are done in silence.

However.

In America taking away our guns would be draconian. England already lost theirs.
Perhaps its your country that is close to civil war.

a police force that resembles the para military of a despot nation,

This one made me laugh. Ever been to America, seen, talked to police here? Ohhhhh thats right, you have never been here, and you live in England.
Ever been to a Despot nation? No? Did not think so either.

Are there # in the police? Yeah, there is, they permeate society, those #.

worthless currency

The Dollar depreciates, appreciates, depreciates, appreciates.

Take an economic course mate, its called a cycle. As for being worthless by value, the Euro is constructed after the dollar, its a fiat currency.

trillions in debt a widening chasm between the haves and the have nots, yes the nation and its people are ripe for civil war.

Still the worlds largest economy, and the highest production rate of any nation on Earth. Call us what you will Englishman, but I would guess you need to see America your self before you post these frequent anti-American rows you go on.

That point in time when the people will no longer take it is quickly approaching and there will be a great blood letting

American's are very complacent, we would sooner invade all the worlds nations before we got off our couch and attacked one another. If we had an economic situation that could only mean breaking up the union, the great super power will bring the world with it. Scary thoughts.

but the real villains will get free of all this, their plans are already made.

Let me guess Englishman ... are the real villains... NEOCONS!??? *gasps in fright*

Your threads make me smile. I hope other Englishmen are more informed then you.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I tend to agree with the Englishman!

There's a growing gap between the rich and the poor, a growing number of people completely dissatisfied with, angry with, and hurt by America and its actions, and more and more people say to me every day "I wish I had the money to leave this place.... but they can't sincethey are on the other end of the money gap...,.but then there are still a bunch of ignorant people walking around trumpeting about how great America is, and no doubt they would take up arms and go kill a man if their "country" told them to, because it's their patriotic duty.

Do you think the whole country is just gunna sit back and let Bush and Co. have another one of their illegal wars?

I have a feeling governments at the local level aren't gunna stand for it. I have a feeling that if a martial law order is decreed, some states are gunna fight back.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
What I'm saying is... there are several big reasons for Civil War approaching fast on the horizon.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Rock I know you like to see your country through rose tinted spectacles but maybe you should take them off some time. Have you been to the moon no you have not have you yet you can still talk about it carn't you, and I find it rich coming from an American the majority of whom dont have passports and believe that their living in a bubble to those who do and dont live in the bubble.

Do you really beleive just because I have not been to America I dont know anything about it, so on that logic you cannot talk about anywhere you have not been then I take it. One dose not need to visit anywhere today to find out whats going on and as I travel the world as a tourist I would find out less than what I can learn sat here on my computer.

And if you read what I said it is many issues that will cause the problem and you being an American should have first hand knowledge unless your one of the priveleged few, but I could have added, imigration, education, health, welfare, PNAC, Patriot 1/2 your zeal in murdering your own citizens and countless other issue's.

Also you knack of comparing the US to others is wrong, many other countries are not waging wars, spending on the military at the expense of everthing else, are not trillions of dollars in debt, countries that dont go around telling every one they will attack them if they see fit, again the list is endless is it not.

Neocons? who mentioned them not I, I mean all the slime bags politician or otherwise who have go rich on the backs of all others who will jump ship at the first sign of trouble.

No what Rock the problem with living in a bubble is that sooner or later you run out of air. and its going to be sooner rather than later.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
oh man i'm ready to die for my rights, my family, my peers who believe our lives have value and those who try to take it look at you as crap.....I'm a human being god damnit. GET MAD....just like in the movie Network (1976) GET MAD dammit......

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The term you are looking for is not Civil War. It is revolution. There is a vast difference between the two.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
To the poster who mentioned the 'production' of American goods, I'll remind you of the actual number/'products' in question:

Exports: $927.5 billion f.o.b. (2005 est.): industrial supplies 26.8% (chemicals), capital goods 49.0% (transistors, aircraft, motor vehicle parts, computers, telecommunications equipment), consumer goods 15.0% (automobiles, medicines) (2003).

Imports: $1.727 trillion f.o.b. (2005 est.): industrial supplies 32.9% (crude oil 8.2%), capital goods 30.4% (computers, telecommunications equipment, motor vehicle parts, office machines, electric power machinery), consumer goods 31.8% (automobiles, clothing, medicines, furniture, toys)

www.infoplease.com...

The U.S. deficit is also skewed w/ the relationship to 'capital' goods including exporting debt to other countries. With the imports obviously out-weighting the exports, economic danger seems afloat. Plus, where's 'waste' filed under, 'industrial'? Because there's massive amounts of waste shipped to China per year which counts in the red, as that/others add to a lot of these figures.

[edit on 22-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
No it will be a civil war? A war against the cronies in the federal government and a war against anyone who is a illegal immigrant. It will be a revolution of sorts to take back our country but not to redesign it but to bring back the true and just form of government that realizes it cant be run by outside interest.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Living here in middle America, I really don't see any signs of a civil war coming. Yes we have problems and issues to take care of, but it's been that way since the beginning for every nation on Earth.

We'll take Britain for example. You guys have an extremely inefficient healthcare system (not bragging about ours, but the NHS has a ton of kinks in need of working out), an almost complete lack of gun rights, unfair road taxes, the same wars that the US has gotten into, elements within European Union conspiring to take away your sovereignty, terrible cooking, cameras popping up everywhere, and the price of milk is going up.

But I strongly doubt that the UK is headed towards a civil war. I won't lie and say that America doesn't have some issues to work on, but the majority of us aren't one's for killing our fellow countrymen over political issues. We'll happily invade any other nation on earth over global politics, but internal violence isn't too big a thing here. And when worst comes to worst we can at least vote for a partial change in leadership every two years, and change the majority of our leadership every four years through the process of elections. Which will as many of you know be happening about this time next year.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Its becoming quite obvious that what is happening inside the US will lead to a civil war and a complete break up of the Union.

oh really ?

I suggest you read about the assassinations and riots and an unpopular war that occured between 1963 and 1973 in the US

then get back to me

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Syrinx that was then this is now, people are much wiser and more informed than ever before, its just not about war any more is the whole issue.

In that time the issue's for America were Vietnam and the rights of Black people well people are still pissed about Vietnam and often quote Iraq2 as same and do you think the black people of America are happy, yes a few are out of the poverty trap but most are not.

Cyber, the NHS dose have issue's but anyone coming to this country can get treatment, many Americans cannot afford health care in the US can they, Taxes, there never fair are they but at least we have a system that works, most of us never had guns and did not see any need for them, if people really want them they can get them, plenty of criminals seem to have no trouble getting hold of them. the majority of cameras in this country are in private ownership and although I am concerned at the increase and use of them they are practically useless and have done nothing to reduce serious crime. Most are used for anti social behaviour and money generating.

Can I just mention this thread is not about comparisons with other countries its about the state of America and its people, if you want to write about the UK or other country thats fine but start your own thread on the subject.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Imagine the civil war between black people and white people

Then there would be the "White America" and "Black America"...

Wow, that would be very different.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Theo this is a serious subject if you dont think your equiped to deal with it perhaps you go to the joke section, yes

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Do you really beleive just because I have not been to America I dont know anything about it, so on that logic you cannot talk about anywhere you have not been then I take it. One dose not need to visit anywhere today to find out whats going on and as I travel the world as a tourist I would find out less than what I can learn sat here on my computer.

As an American, I can see where he's coming from. You have no firsthand knowledge of what things are like over here, so you're basing all of your opinions on what your seeing in the news. I'm guilty of the same thing quite often, so don't feel bad.

The thing is that I live here and when I read comments like "a police force that resembles the para military of a despot nation" I want to laugh. Your basing your opinion off of a few incidents in a country of 300,000,000+ people. I can tell you that as an average citizen going about his life, I very very rarely deal with police.

In fact, in the last 10 years, I have only spoken to or been pulled over by a police officer in the line of duty twice. Once was around 5 years ago for a speeding ticket. Note here that I didn't scream at him or act erratically. I knew I broke the law and I knew he was just doing his job and there was no taser involved
The second indicent was a traffic stop because one of my taillights was out and resulted in a pleasant conversation with a nice guy just doing his job. I was polite and he let me go with a warning to get my taillight fixed and pat on the back.

Off topic here, but I truly believe that a majority of police incidents in this country are due to immature idiots who don't want to admit that they broke the law. Whatever happened to acting like an adult and taking responsibility for our actions? Such a simple thing which was so commonplace just 20-30 years ago seems to no longer exist.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Take it from a Guy who's Country is way closer to anysort of civil war
than any western country (and we're not close at all (South Africa)) you can point at.
America is MILES away from anything like that, I believe that the average American's heart is in the right place, and they're hardly going to go running around in a murderous rampage killing people left right and centre (that a civil war IS...well..in africa anyway)

Your country's got a great police force, high quality of life, great services
(water, electricity etc...) WHY have a civil war????
I think people who want war have no idea what it is, and a civil war
is not a one sided affair like Iraq is for America, you'll loose kids, family
freinds.
Why would you WANT that?

Your President can be voted out still, Imagine if Mugabe stood in his place
now with his cronies backing him in the halls of govenment, this guy
uses tourture en-mass, two months ago a defector spoke on a pay channel
we have of what he had to do as a member of Mugabes youth brigade.
They had a white farmer on a table for him and he used a large hole punch
on..you know where.. until he was dead. he said there were lots of
people held down under that building.
This guy was sobbing as he told the reporter, I think he was for real, especialy as he was risking his life saying that, Mugabe as kidnapped
people from south africa before.

I'm just trying to put things in perspective, Zim if near as it gets to civil
war I reason

[edit on 23-11-2007 by TheBlueLantern]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
It's becoming a mess. I think everybody can feel it.

The question people keep asking is what are THEY going to do to fix this.

THEY aren't going to do anything, except perhaps make the problem worse.

So we have to start doing things the right way, for ourselves, and win so many more people over to the promises offered on the honest side of the fence that there won't be anyone left willing to fight on the bad side.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Blue, thats party of the problem because the US is so big and its population is quite well spread some people arent aware or affected by these changes, there were many happy people living in Iraq under Saddam who were not affected by his actions but that did not mean things wern't going wrong. I rarely listen to the news, I talk to Americans on line and at home.

One has only got to look at ATS and the concern many Americans raise on plenty of issues about home. Going to France does not make me a Frenchman does it, I do not have any connection with the country but I could still talk alot about the country and its people.

The golden years for the US were from 45 to the early 60's after Kennedy's murder thats when it all started going wrong.

Answer this what other democracy in peactime murders its own citizens on a regular basis.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

talk of civil war---------do you suppose that is the reason the supreme court of the usa is meeting for the first time since 1939 to discuss the subject of gun control for usa citizens again----------get the guns away from the sheep so they cant resist?-------just in case the chemicals we are being poisoned with to subdue us dont quite work the way intended and just in case the brainwashing by tv doesnt keep us focused on the movie stars lifestyles enough to keep us simplified for our slaughter ?

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Yahn, if your going to introduce draconian measures on a population the last thing you want is a populace armed to the teeth. I have often thought that all the school shootings in America be they random of organised would be the reason to ban gun ownership. Yes I know its in the bills of rights but that buffon Bush called it a dammed piece of paper.

Rather worrying that especially when its coming from your own president.
The question is why, why all these changes and problems, the WOT is phoney, many Americans believe that, so if you have a powerful, rich democratic country why would you want to change it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join