It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$7.00 for a cup of Starbucks Coffee

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Must be made of oil.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Just think yourself lucky your car runs on cheap gas, an not something like starbucks coffee

btw, here in the UK gas is now about $10 per gallon ...... still cheaper than starbucks though. But we have cars that do more miles to the gallon, and only the filthy rich would dream of driving 7 miles just for a cup of coffee .....

Different culture I guess.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

buy some beans and make it at home. How dare you release all those carbon atoms into my atmosphere just for coffee

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
It's a conspiracy I tells ya...

Why anyone would drive, ride, run, walk, crawl, slither or apparate to Starbuck's is beyond me... It's God awful coffee;

I'm with you on this. I like coffee and have drank many a couple. Years ago someone suggested stopping by a SB. I thought it was the worst coffee I ever drank. Tried it another time with the same results. I figured it must be one heck of a marketing scheme.

The cost of a couple of SB cups can get a person a pound of pretty good roasted beans if fresh ground is what one wants.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I cant stand the Dunking Donuts scene here on the Cape.

I want my Starbucks! Another hint: Get tall disposible cups and lids so you can pretend you just bought it there. Its all in the head.

DG- You really crack me up sometimes.

I don't mind Dunkin Donuts in a pinch, but I can't stand the Rachel Ray commercials!

I have a 67 mile commute to work & love coffee. The possibility of delays forces me to wait till I get there to have my first cup. ( I don't wanna be doing the "pee-pee" dance on the highway!
)

The coffee shop raised it's prices to $2.75 for a cup! $5.50 a day for two cups of coffee? I decided to get a small coffee maker, sweetener, non dairy creamer, and last but not least, a pound of starbucks coffee for @ $8.00 as DG stated. I have found a recipe I like & am enjoying the savings.

Now I can put that money towards the @ $110.00 per week I spend on gas!

2PacSade-

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven

Was 14 miles (round trip) =). I actually met my dad to just chit chat.

[edit on 22-11-2007 by Xeven]

Sooo, let's see. Assuming gas is about $3/gallon (yeah, I know it's probably higher- but $3 is an easy round number) anyway, that means if you went 14 miles and spent $3, that means you used about a gallon of gas. If you went 14 miles on a gallon of gas, you're getting about 14 miles to the gallon (city or stop-n-go driving). Would that make it an SUV you're driving? Definitely not a hummer... definitely not one of those Prius hybrids.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
It's a conspiracy I tells ya...

Why anyone would drive, ride, run, walk, crawl, slither or apparate to Starbuck's is beyond me... It's God awful coffee; flawed in roasting technique, brewed at to high a temperature and served in a cup that taints the flavor.

I agree with you Mirthful Me....Starbuck's IS awful coffee!

That's why I go to Tim Horton's. Maybe Tim's isn't necessarily better coffee but it does have a nicer, more distinctive taste. Of course, I also appreciate the fact that I have three different Tim Horton's outlets within a fifteen minute walk of my house (of course I still drive....but I could walk if I were so inclined) I'm pleasantly surrounded by them!

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I'm feeling left out.

I used to walk past all those coffee places in west London goin about my daily job and laugh - I saw those inside and noticed they were laughing, I thought we were all laughing together...... Now I think the rich happy people were actually laughing at the pedestrians, in the firm knowledge they had a car (which had 4 or 5 payments made on time behind it) a quantity of fuel in it (which they had to make last, as it's still 8 days till pay day and the cards are maxed - but everyone agrees your taste is fab) and a home with parents (that wonder why after all that education you can never remember where they keep the certificates). I feel I've missed out on life.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jupiter869

I think its very disturbing !! just shows ...at the end of the day its the consumer thats screwing the earth!!

Obviously the ones with wealth are doing the damage!!

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I like this coffee, many flavors, 'fair' trade that gives directly to the indigenous people and almost at the price of the OP per 12 oz. bag -- you got at least a weeks' worth of beans!

www.counterculturecoffee.com...

I'm going to try the Mexican 'holiday blend' next, I've been loving a French roast and Guatemalan from this company. Some blends sold in Whole Foods in green packaging w/ a Wren bird on the bag!

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Since no one is raising i guess it falls to me!

WHY IS COFFEE CHEAPER PER GALLON THAN GAS IS!

For that matter why is water more expensive ( per gallon ) in most countries? Once the peak freaks can figure out that one maybe i can do more than shake my head and repeat the same old geological 'facts' that they for the most part wont accept!

Oh well.

EDIT : The 'consumers' ( the people who work for their money and are never more than a few paychecks away from moving back in with their parents) are mostly screwing themselves while the wealthy creates the system that results in misguided people drinking bad coffee they probably can't afford.

Stellar

[edit on 23-11-2007 by StellarX]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I do not understand why people insist on purchasing coffee from these places. They contribute to addiction, pollution and exploit poor people in South America and other places where the crop is grown.

I purchased Starbucks hot chocolate in Sydney (at APEC march) and it costs over $10.00 (Oz $) for 2 regular size. Unfortunately they were the only cafe open at that early time of the day and I needed a hot drink.

If people want to drink this over rated, over priced beverage (and food from similar outlets) then go ahead but don't whinge and complain about the cost of fuel to get there. Some people in this thread sensibly suggested that it is better to make your coffee at home...cheaper too.

I also think that the coffee boom is as bad as bottled water...a total CON JOB. I see people everyday with a cigarette and coffee in one hand, whilst trying to talk on a mobile (or as you Americans say, cell) phone with bottled water poking out of their bag/briefcase/backpack.

Consumerism gone nutz

take care all
res

Add Coca Cola to that too

[edit on 24-11-2007 by resistancia]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by StellarX
Since no one is raising i guess it falls to me!

WHY IS COFFEE CHEAPER PER GALLON THAN GAS IS!

It's not ..... even if a cup of $4 starbucks equals 1/2 pint that still means a gallon is $32
Coffee is much more expensive than gas!

And water is free (well, effectively from the tap, totally if you take it from the hill - I live near the Malverns (in England) and can get Malvern spring water for $0 per gallon)

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I love Starbucks.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
4 dollars for a cup of coffee?!?! Is that Real?
How long can 'they' continue deny inflation before somebody wakes up and says 'hey, my coffee's four dollars!'...

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
You could have went to the store and bought a pound of coffee for that price which would have lasted you a month.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I am a coffee drinker, I pay for starbucks, Joe mugs, black bean and now the newest closes to my home, Elements locally owned.

Yes I spend money on this places even more than once a day.

What I get from it? satisfaction and the realization that they cater their coffee to my needs and prepare the coffee the way I like it.

So I guess is my money right?

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Now Starbucks has come out with a home version for all those addicts.

www.starbucks.com...

If only they would come out with a Frap machine (like thiers) and all the incredients they use...mine (that I TRY) and make NEVER taste like Starbucks!!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
It's not ..... even if a cup of $4 starbucks equals 1/2 pint that still means a gallon is $32
Coffee is much more expensive than gas!

So what do you think i intended to say Essan? I know you do your best to 'correct' me but is this really the best you can do?

And water is free (well, effectively from the tap, totally if you take it from the hill - I live near the Malverns (in England) and can get Malvern spring water for $0 per gallon)

Thanks for 'correcting' me mister Essan! What would we do without you...

Stellar

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I don't drink coffee..it's a dangerous drug. however, when I do, it's free at work, I wouldn't pay more than $2 for it. BTW I just paid 3.50 for a gallon of gas.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join