It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wow picky forum here eh...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
so i just finished introducing myself and when i hit "post" it told me there was already a thread with that name "go back by hitting your back button to choose a new title" ok fine but at least warn me that everything i just took the time to write would be GONE!!!!

lol, ok so here i go again. Hola, I am animal, aka sam. i live at 8000 feet over the central valley in the land of enchantment.

i love it all man! beginning with the occult and spirituality and landing with the ufo and et phenomenon.

the forums here look nice, diverse and active!

look forward to conversing with you all.

greetins and salutations, animal

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Hi Animal, welcome.

Duplication is a no no here.

Hope you enjoy the site.

p.s.

Your avatar is great, bit too big, but I am sure someone will help you there.

Rhain

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Oh yeah, after about 2 years here I found this Firefox plugin that fixes that problem for me, only to lose it in the last silly update.
So now, after typing a 6000 character post, I can lose it to some silly mistake. You would have think I'd have learnt to at least type long posts in Notepad or somethin, but nope.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS. We're glad you're here, and hope to hear a lot of your thoughts.

I don't think it's as much being picky as it is that this is a really big place. If you post a thread with the same name as another, then there is confusion. And computers hate confusion.

I guess you have noticed that your avatar bit the dust. It was too large, I'm sure. Now this isn't being picky either, or a conspiracy to rid the world of Sesame Street characters. As I understand it, it has to do with band width usage, since this is such a large site.

You might want to take a peek at the T&C and the FAQ.

But you'll get the hang of this place shortly. And we are all looking forward to the new ideas you'll be throwing in the old stew pot.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Animal
so i just finished introducing myself and when i hit "post" it told me there was already a thread with that name "go back by hitting your back button to choose a new title" ok fine but at least warn me that everything i just took the time to write would be GONE!!!!

Yeah, that's a bug that NEVER got fixed. We've all learnt to live with it. Some people write out their posts in Notepad, others press 'Ctrl + A' (Select All) followed by 'Ctrl + C' (Copy) just before they hit the post reply button. Others go to BTS (BelowTopSecret) and vent their frustrations in the Rant forum... everyone deals with it in their own way

Oh yeah, welcome to ATS, you Animal!

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by watch_the_rocks

Maybe it's this one
Save Text Area

reply to post by Animal

Don't tell me your thread title actually was, I am Sam, I am new. That'll be pretty hilarious!

reply to post by NGC2736

Originally posted by NGC2736
I guess you have noticed that your avatar bit the dust. It was too large, I'm sure.

Just like Beachcoma said, I consider that a bug too.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
sweet response time guys! wow, this site must be a lot of fun!

i'll work on making my avatar reasonable.

thanks for the warm welcome and words of advice!

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Just testing out this addon, jazzyguy. Ta for pointing it out.

Yeah, it's 3:53am here in Australia. This is the first time in about 6 months I've had nothing on the next day, so why not stay up all night. It's about noon in the U.S., so response times will be pretty good about now. When I'm normally on it's 3am in America, so no one replies for ages.
I think about 80% of ATS readership is from the US. Boo

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
ok i got the avatar worked out thanks!

a little treat for the advice...in spanish too!!!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
When I'm normally on it's 3am in America, so no one replies for ages.
I think about 80% of ATS readership is from the US. Boo

I hear you, man. I live on the opposite side of the globe as well. Makes you wish there was a post-dated reply function

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Animal
ok i got the avatar worked out thanks!

a little treat for the advice...in spanish too!!!

www.youtube.com...

That was great. I'm a muppet fan anyway.

Maybe you could use animation in your avatar to show the drumming? I think that would be nice.

And I'm glad you're finding things so fast.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Animal

Sam, something is wrong with you man, You're shrinking

Just crop your previous avatar to 160x320 pixels using Irfanview or whatever.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Belated welcome, Sam! Any fan of the Muppets is ok by me!

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Hola, como esta Animal, I will attempt to not suffer from hoof in mouth syndrome for you. Welcome!

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Hi there Animal, im new here too,So it seems kinda odd to be doing the welcoming already but oh well, welcome. I see you have made me a friend, thanks im rapt. Hope to catch you around for a chat. nuts

new topics

top topics

join