It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aurora??????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I find this picture on the web:

What are you think about it? I remember the pictures of the Aurora.
I think it's these are CGI, although good ones!!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Great find. All I can say it's Playboy Rabbit tattooed.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
While they are obviously computer generated and who knows it they come from a reliable source, I would just like to point out the fact that the last picture looks a HELLUVA lot like the YF-23:

afrodita.rcub.bg.ac.yu...

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackWidow23
While they are obviously computer generated and who knows it they come from a reliable source, I would just like to point out the fact that the last picture looks a HELLUVA lot like the YF-23:

afrodita.rcub.bg.ac.yu...

The picture link YF-23 looks like a paper mache airplane with a bog eyed pilot in a goldfish bowl,

Great find OP sleak looking and gorgeous, i saw a contrail a few years back which people said was Aurora it was broken almost like the engines where spluttering as it flew, that was over Winslow AZ.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
great find starred and flagged
i want to see where this goes

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
100% cgi with maybe a couple real photos as background. I'll start digging to find them. Or could you post the link where you pulled these off of since that should actually be common practise with anything that goes up in this forum.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Well it looks alot like or similar to other postings of Aurora that have been done in CGI.
This one has some key features from bill sweetman abservation.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dantavel

I think i want one

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocco21

And now the Waynos appraisal

This is a lovely bit of CGI, it reminds me very much of the work of Jozef Gatiel and I wouldn't be at all surprised to discover that his signature has been cropped out before these images were posted, not necessarily by the OP, he might easily have found them that way.

'As for the aircraft itself, the basic airframe design is taken directly from the 'Thunderdart' which was part of the fictional Mongramm/Revell plastic kit along with the 'SR-75 Penetrator' a few years ago (follow links to images). It has however been much modified to make it look more contemporary. The most immediately obvious 'fix' are the reshaped YF-23 fins, which are most recognisable on the the very top picture. underneath appears to be the engine bays from the early model Tu-144 and of course an undercarriage has been added, all done to an extremely high standard of course and I am full of admiration for it but please don't anybody be fooled that this is an accurate depiction of "what the Aurora really looks like". The odds are actually stacked very much against the Aurora existing at all in real life.

Of course all the 'net nerds' chasing Aurora means that the real secret planes can go about their business unmolested, or didn't anyone else think of that?

[edit on 22-11-2007 by waynos]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The two biggest things that stuck out for me, were the "commercial" USAF logo that has never, and will never be used on ANY USAF aircraft, and the fact that canopies don't open to 90 degrees. Even the SR-71 never opened nearly that far. Pretty CGI though.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
if the aurora exists then our best bet is to get a picture of it watch the skies not the internets!! but IMO i think the aurora looks nothing like that im reminded of a ufo incident where a small missile looking device passes a boeing going faster then the airplane by a considerable amount of velocity glowing green. this event stuck out to me because even from the pilot reports it was presented quite differently. not enough for anyone who doesnt research UFO reports alot but you could tell if i find it i bet

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Fairly bog standard 3d of the qualityI see alot of users puttng out these days. The person has done a pretty damn good job of the compositing but there are still a few flaws I can see.

To go off topic for a moment, It always make sme laugh when I see the phrase 'computer genterated' used. The computer didn't make them...a person did , the conputer only does as its told and makes the render of the information supplied by the artist in question. So they are 'artist generated' and computer rendered to be more correct.

But again pretty decent job.

Wayne...

[edit on 22/11/2007 by the secret web]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
this is great cgi it has some things that make it obvious but its awesome work
...............is the last pic supposed to be over area51?

[edit on 22-11-2007 by miguelbmx]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
i saw a contrail a few years back which people said was Aurora it was broken almost like the engines where spluttering as it flew, that was over Winslow AZ.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but these exhaust trails are caused by controlled pulse detonation from hydrogen fuel powered engines. Some witnesses claim that the aircraft was so fast it was virtually invisible to the naked eye as it streaked by.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
They've also been seen from normal planes as well. I don't have the pictures handy, but I've seen pictures from a regular commercial flight leaving the "donuts on a rope" trail.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Obviously CGI. The backgrounds do appear quite real. But the aircraft are obvious CGI.

Like others said with the canopies and the USAF logos, also the shadow in the second picture, and the wheels - looks computer generated.

Still a cool looking aircraft, though. I wish I could do CGI like that.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by the secret web

CGI is a term used to explain what media was sued inorder to create the piece of art. CGI isn't a incorrect term. The artist generates the image using the computer. Sure the human is at the controls but I will agree that it is a bit of a weird term. You don't hear people saying AGI acrylic generated art or PSI for pencil generated art.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
They've also been seen from normal planes as well. I don't have the pictures handy, but I've seen pictures from a regular commercial flight leaving the "donuts on a rope" trail.

You're quite correct - and there is evidence of what you're describing here

As for Aurora itself - there is from what I understand a fair amount of evidence to suggest that a project similar to the one speculated about has been started in the US and been ongoing for some considerable time. Various respected military news agencies have reported on it - Janes for one, I'm sure, I think their site is subscription only but someone on here may have paid up!

As I recall the reports seemed to suggest that it was an experimental project which may or may not have been successful. No one's saying much, but it's certainly feasible that it was given up on as a bad/overly expensive idea - and that's why you don't know about it, rather than as a result of some great conspiracy. Unless you count wasting millions of pounds on failed technology and not telling you about it a conspiracy, which I suppose you probably ought!

RAM jet technology I think has quite openly been researched for a number of years.

Great pics too, though certainly CGI.

LW

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I'm 100% positive that there have been numerous experimental aircraft along the lines of the Aurora or whatever you want to call it, however I don't believe they were turned into anything more than a project (never went into production and became a program).

The reason I say this, is that is makes no sense in modern times to have a piloted hypervelocity airplane in our arsenal. I mean, what would you use it for? Screw using pilots, use a drone. As for spy photography, well that's done via satellites now, no point in exposing aircraft and pilots to danger.

I do, however, believe that most of the technology derived from various projects have and will turn up in drone aircraft and weapons in the very near future.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

I'm 100% positive that there have been numerous experimental aircraft along the lines of the Aurora or whatever you want to call it, however I don't believe they were turned into anything more than a project (never went into production and became a program).

Thanks for the post ITF. Several manned hypersonic airplanes have been operational and in production since at least 1987. Aurora is a name used for several different projects as is Sandia and other names like it.

Those currently working on hypersonic drones today would have no way of knowing this as it is totally compartmentalized.

There are thousands and thousands of cases of people working diligently on technological projects solved many years previous. This is done for security purposes to keep major segments of the aerospace industry ignorant as to what is really going on.

Thanks for your input. :

top topics

<<   2 >>

join