It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello curious newbie here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Don't really know how to write about me.. so here goes.

I am have an insateable(sp) appetite for history and the supernatural, the wierd and the abnormal. I thirst for the truth and my passion often leads me long into the night, at the sleepy displeasure of my loved ones.. I stumbled upon this location while following yet another quest into the unknown. Alas, your site has held me captive for some time now.. but thats ok, you seem to be as normal as I.

There are so many new things to play with here but, alas, I have yet to figure them all out so if you happen to see me floundering my way through your thread, just grin and wonder if I even get to the point as I have a way of rambling on and on. see?

I have attempted to adopt a mentor but I do not believe that he is still here so if anyone would like to um.. have the patience to read my tiraids, then I am willing to shower you with questions. Sometimes silly, sometimes ligit.

In reality, I am working on my bachlors degree in criminal justice. I ride Harleys and raise pitbulls. I am a single mom with 3 demons, um I mean kids.. 2 are teens so my mind hurts alot..
I also have 2 iggys that are 4 1/2 feet long.. big buggers they are.. They run my house, loose, so you always have to watch where you sit.. I LOVE PC games and you can always find me here at the keyboard, OFP is my fav but I like the little games too.lol.

um I dont know what else to say, I am 35 and last time I checked I was very much a female. I live in Tampa Florida, but have lived in Detroit for the last 7 years, hence my long post on the Detroit thread..

well I guess thats all for now. thank you for reading and not laughing real hard..lol..

and if you happen to need a youngin to raise, pick me pick me..(arms waving in air)

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Well, let me, a relative fellow newbie, be the first to say hi!!

From your post it sounds like you'll fit in fine. Enjoy, browse, be insensed occasionally, be enthusiastic constantly, but always be ready to deny that ol' debil ignorance!

However, when you said we're all normal...

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
welcome to the wonderful world of ats. make your self at home theres food and drinks in the fridge.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish

However, when you said we're all normal...

ahhh you caught that but remember that one persons normal is anothers ab normal? Whos to say what is what? maybe we are normal and they are not? ponder on that?

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by CHIYANNE

Welcome to ATS. I don't think I would make a good mentor but you are welcome to message me anytime for help or talk. I live about 6 hours north of you in Canada, and no, we have no snow YET. Although I hear some southern parts of Ontario got buried.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

thank you because i have soooo many questions.. but just a few to start..lol.. how did i accumilate(sp) applause and who gives it and where? ok next one... and where are those cute smilies that everyone uses?

oh and how can you find out if someone is no longer a frequent member? as in if they still haunt thy hallowed halls?

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Welcome to ats and the applauses come from the Forum Moderators or even the three amigo's at times. If you Deny Ignorance in a post you'll surely get an appause and lots of stars from us ats members. The smiley's are to the right when you're posting. U2U me anytime ya need help.

[edit on 11/22/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHIYANNE
reply to post by Rhain

thank you because i have soooo many questions.. but just a few to start..lol.. how did i accumilate(sp) applause and who gives it and where? ok next one... and where are those cute smilies that everyone uses?

oh and how can you find out if someone is no longer a frequent member? as in if they still haunt thy hallowed halls?

Well accumulating applause, if you mean points then that is done by posting and thread creating. Sometime points are awarded as bonus. Flagging and stars may add to points as well but I am not 100% sure there.

The emotion icons are to the right of your response field, just click or type the one you like.

You can click on a members name to access there personal information or search feature under members.

You will have access to U2U after accumulating 20 post I believe and chat after 100 if I am not mistaken.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Welcome.

Looks like you're off and running already

If you have any questions or need any assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

Happy Holidays.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye

Welcome to ats and the applauses come from the Forum Moderators or even the three amigo's at times. If you Deny Ignorance in a post you'll surely get an appause and lots of stars from us ats members. The smiley's are to the right when you're posting. U2U me anytime ya need help.

[edit on 11/22/2007 by Solarskye]

how do you Deny Ignorance? or is that a person? I think that I will remain confused for awhile huh?

I tried to go to a profile but it does not state if the person is still active? is there a way to see when the last time that they were on?

oh and I found the smilies..lol.. It helps to move the screen over a little.. dar de dar on me....

ok so does anyone know if the unholy trinity is still active?

[edit on 11/20/07 by CHIYANNE]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Hello and welcome neighbor and fellow Harley rider. I use fellow because I don't know the female words for "fellow Harley rider". I'm from south Georgia about 4 hours from Tampa. I was in your fair city Wednesday a week ago. It's always good to talk with another female biker. I've been riding for 30 years.

You are going to fit in very well. I see some interesting discussions in your future. Actually you sound like one of the ATS old timers already. Not refering to your age but length of time spent here.

Are you refering to the three Amigos? If so yes they are still alive and well.

Hope your time here is very interesting.

Marilyn

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

hello there yourself... i have been riding for about 10 years now..honda and Harley's..

I speak of FULCRUM.. but I believe that Maskedavatar refers to bandit as being one of also.. I may be mistaken (I probley am) but I am wondering about FULCRUM.... is he still with us?

the three amigos are the main guys rite? simon and um I forget the other names? so confusing..

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Harley??
Another one?
Nooo, you don't want one of those.

Get yourself a V-max.. Mine had a built in crumple zone especially for crashing into walls WOOHOO!!

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T

Harley??
Another one?
Nooo, you don't want one of those.

Get yourself a V-max.. Mine had a built in crumple zone especially for crashing into walls WOOHOO!!

Welcome to ATS.

another one what?
harley or harley girl?
and I tend to stay away from walls but the median of the highway at 100mph is a different matter altogether..

top topics

join