It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silent Lights and other sightings in UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   
The UK has had a new wave of recent sightings across the board, FIVE sightings in the last three days. This first one bears more than a passing resemblence to the brilliant footage of the Bakersfield Triangle, even more intriguing is a sighting where the RAF admitted to scrambling a couple of jets, the two stories are below:

SILENT LIGHTS ARE UFO PUZZLE

00:30 - 22 November 2007

The last thing Dave Perkins expected to see as he locked up at work was a UFO.But he has no other explanation for the mysterious red lights he spotted above Longhope.

Dave, who works at Richard Read's truck yard, described his close encounter.

"I was outside in the yard at about 11pm," he said. "I often look up at the stars and that moment I saw this bright red light moving slowly across the sky.

"Then a second, third and fourth light appeared and they were all equally spaced. It was as if someone put a ruler up between the stars."

As he stood and stared Dave saw the lights continue to move across the sky, without making any sound.

He said: "It took about five minutes and once they got into the distance one went out as if it had gone behind a cloud.

"But it was a cloudless night, it was really weird."

Dave, who lives in Steam Mills, says the lights weren't from a plane as there was no noise.

"I have no idea what it could be," he said. "Aliens? I just don't know.

"It couldn't have been a plane or balloons. It was far too high, also you wouldn't get four balloons going across in a totally straight line."

www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk...

UFO report – RAF did send fighters up

A UFO spotter from Felpham has appealed to anyone else who saw the objects to contact him. Leo Lindsay and his wife, Rosie, watched the visitors from outer space from a bedroom window.
Mr Lindsay has since had unofficial confirmation from the Ministry of Defence that two RAF planes were sent up to investigate the phenomenon.

"The RAF don't do that unless there is a real reason," he stated. "I can't believe no one else saw the objects. I would estimate they were each about the size of a house.

"Anyone walking along Felpham seafront at that time would not have been able to miss them. I hope they will let me know on 01243 855728."

Mr Lindsay estimates the objects must have been above Felpham seafront in a beautiful light blue sky with white puffy clouds. He was looking out of a bedroom window in his home in Roundle Avenue at about 6pm on October 4 when he saw 'two round football-shaped objects' coming over the trees high in the sky.

He went downstairs to tell his wife. He watched as the objects changed to become 'multi-faceted diamond shaped discs which moved further apart'.

The fighter planes appeared on the scene ten minutes later. Two aunts staying with the couple also saw the incident.

www.worthingherald.co.uk...

[edit on 22/11/07 by October]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Very interesting! a few months ago i saw a strange orange light which initially i thought was a bright star but after staring at it for a few minutes i noticed it moved and moved in a very strange fashion. watched it for about an hour and a half (was around 2am) and even lent my head against a wall to make sure it wasnt my head shacking. I tried recording it on my camera phone but was too dark to capture anything. the way it moved was like nothing i know of, vehicle wise. I spoke to my mother about it and apparently other sightings had been in essex but dismissed as balloons or helicopters lol surprised they didn’t say it was swamp gas

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Yeah here's another one for you that may be similair to your sighting, this one from Derbyshire two days ago:

UFO sightings over the town

UNEXPLAINED orange lights have been sighted for a second time over Ripley.
Rebeka Stapleton was driving through the town on the night of November 2 when she spotted 13 UFOs

She was with her sister and her partner who all saw the orange balls of light floating over the town.

The three parked at the police station to watch them in the sky.

"My initial thought was that they were street lights but as I gazed I noticed that they were moving, I thought they were suspended by wire but they moved too much to be suspended," Miss Stapleton, said.

"One by one they started to move away soon they disappeared out of sight."

The following day Rebeka visited the Ripley and Heanor News website and found a story about a similar sighting in August.

She said: "One explanation was that they could have been Chinese lanterns. I have looked at websites where these lanterns are advertised and I can definitely say that these were not what I spotted that night."

www.ripleyandheanornews.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
And two more, that's five sightings across the UK in 3 days, i have emailed The Gloucester Newspaper to see if i can get in touch with Dave Perkins, i would like him to take a look at the US Triangle video to see if it's similair to his sighting.

UFO SIGHTED AT BATTLE

A Battle woman believes she may have sighted a UFO over the town on Wednesday morning.
Ann Drake, from Mount Street, was looking out of her window at 6.20am when she noticed the mysterious glowing object.

She said: "My window has a clear view east over fields. I noticed this incredibly bright light just hanging there in front of the clouds.

"It was too bright and in the wrong place to be a morning star.

"I had a cup of tea and went to pull the bedroom curtains ten minutes later and it was still there, just hanging stationary. Then I noticed a red light and it accelerated away at incredible speed.

"Whatever it was could not have been that far away as it was in front of the clouds.

"I have never seen anything like that before but am keeping an open mind."

Battle is not without its strange occurrences. The town is said to be home to several ghosts and there have been a number of sightings of mysterious big cats on the battle field and at Battle Great Woods.

Did you see the strange object? If so contact us on 01424 856781 or mail [email protected]

www.ryeandbattleobserver.co.uk...

DOG WALKER SPOTS UFO

HAS anyone seen a mystery light hovering over Cross in Hand?
Local resident Lynnda Rose contacted the Express to describe the strange sighting.

She said: 'I was out with my dog and noticed a light above the field moving in a circular motion.

'I can only describe it as looking like an oval, thick mist which was quite bright.'

Lynnda said she watched it for about another 20 minutes, then went to get her camera.

'Yes,' she said. 'You've guessed.

'Nothing came out.'

The light then descended out of sight.
She ran upstairs and watched it from the window while it continued in the same motion for about twenty minutes, then disappeared.

Lynnda added: 'I've never seen anything like it before and can find no explanation.

'I thought perhaps it was a searchlight or a laser but there was no beam so this had to be ruled out.

'I must say I don't believe in little green men, ghosts or the like and have had the mickey taken by everyone I have spoken to so I hope I am not the only one who spotted it.'

If you saw the light or can offer an explanation ring the Express on:
01273 484736 or email [email protected] - we'd like to hear from you.

www.bexhillobserver.net...

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I really dont know what i saw, if it were a craft (and based on my knowledge of g force) a human would have blacked out going by the maneuvers this glowing ball was performing. The ones my mum mentioned were over Boreham in Essex. i did do a search at the time for other sightings and only found one site that did not dismiss the sightings as anything other than military craft (ie helicopters etc), balloons or satellites.

There has been quite a few sightings in the past 5 years plus, www.google.co.uk...
Perplexing to say the least.

edit:- i live not far from stansted airport and also an RAF base and trust me, i know what a helicopter and a plane look and sound like and how they move =]

[edit on 22-11-2007 by rapturas]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Here is a link to my thread earlier this year when I saw something very similar to the first story in the OP.

Link

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
So, do you guys think something's going down because of all this activity?

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
To be honest, i really dont know what it was that i saw and for all i know, it could have been military technology that we have no idea about. Saying that, i just cannot work out how a human could maneuver a craft in the way this object was moving (ie doing 90degree turns with ease). It certainly wasnt a comet, plane, balloon, star, or anything i know of purely by the way it moved; and it wasnt there the next day either so, who knows. Could be alien, could be reverse engineered alien tech, could be santa making an early appearance. Another thing I don’t understand is (if it is military) why would they be openly flying around in these things? and its not like just a few people have seen sightings and its not just a couple if crackpots that have seen these things either.

I know for me it’s a pointless debate for now as unless someone can take a very clear, close up picture of these things people will just dismiss it (even then they can say it’s a photochopped image etc). I haven’t even told anyone other than my mother and a couple of open minded people (internet chums as opposed to close friends) about what I saw as I know from experience, going by someone elses claim with no evidence is like trying to prove that god exists to an atheist that hates religion, its not going to happen.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Thanks for your link Fifty, cool account and similair to the first right enough!

I don't know what is happening but this year must go down as some sort of record for various sightings not just in the UK. I think the media are starting to take more interest in the subject without the smirks. I spoke to The Forrester Newspaper today and the reporter is going to call me back.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Interesting stuff

have a look at this... sounds similar

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join