It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life in the Land of the Free

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Today in the “land of the free,” anyone perceived as a “terrorist threat” (or even sympathizer) can be taken from their home without warning, incarcerated, tortured, even executed, without charges, much less sentencing in a court of law. The public has gone meekly and silently along with such unconstitutional measures as the lesser of two evils, reasoning (so far as the public reasons at all) that it’s better to punish a hundred innocents than risk letting a single terrorist go free. Of course, the public accepts these measures so long as they don’t impact them directly, and provided their lost sense of security and stability can be restored; the alternative (questioning or challenging the government) would risk being singled out as “anti-American” and a terrorist sympathizer! And although many people are now becoming aware—via the various “exposés” —that the event was perpetrated by the same powers implementing these measures, they are for the most part unable or unwilling to confront the implications of such an idea and prefer to opt instead for sleepy ignorance and blind “trust.” This understandable, since the only alternative would either be to flee the continent or else to engage in active resistance.

The German psychologist Kurt Lewin, head of the Tavistock Institute for Human Relations in Great Britain, theorized that “if a society as a whole were subjected to a sense of terror, then society would revert to a blank state where control could easily be applied from the exterior.” Such a collective sense of terror has now become prevalent in the Western world. The ever-evolving forms of global media make it possible for otherwise limited events such as the twin towers attack to receive almost endless coverage, and so become overwhelming in their implications.

It’s ironic (to say the least) that the supposed “war on terror” waged by Western government (in order to justify itself) depends on a propagation of fear, dread, uncertainty, and paranoia (via the mass media) that no terrorist network could ever compete with. “The war on terror” is itself a form of terrorism, designed to reduce the populace to a helpless state of anxiety and so render them docile and malleable. In such a shocked state, the general public is grateful to surrender its civil liberties—and any option of individual thought or action—if only their material interests be looked after.

An even more diabolic irony is that this same populace takes most security and comfort of all from watching TV—the primary tool employed by Government to disseminate anxiety and terror! And we ask ourselves why schizophrenia, crime, suicide, and murder run rampant through the Western world. The answer is simplicity itself: it’s all part of the programming.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I don't think that the people who are seeing the scam are in the minority.

Though you don't see it spoken about on television or news, the people ARE talking about this amongst themselves.

One poll shows that 84% of the American public believe that the government is lying about 9/11.

I think all we need is the right major disaster and the people will decide they've had enough and force the government to accept that they no longer give the orders.

Haha.

[edit on 22-11-2007 by dionysius9]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   
perhaps 84% of Americans see the lie behind 9/11 (tho i doubt this poll is truly representative), but what % of those are actually prepared to do anything about it? I don't mean through activism, since that often only plays into the hands of the "controllers," I just mean does "knowing" we are being duped change our behavior in any way? It may be that all this whistle-blowing is part of the program too - and that by "revelation of the method," the vast majority even of the people who ARE wising up is becoming more and more docile and malleable - disempowered - from a feeling of cynical hopelessness?

I have no idea - impossible to say.

How long will the lies continue when no one believes them anymore?

Maybe this 84% of people "know" 9/11 was a lie when asked about it, but immediately after they "forget" what they "know" and go on trusting their government, in deed if not word?
After all, they continue to pay taxes!

actions speak loudest and the inaction of "the people" is deafening in its implications

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by aeolus

Show me one person that's been taking from their home as you say. I believe you are referring to the Patriot Act, but I'm not sure. However, just give me example of an American being taken from their homes and tortured and executed, because I have yet to hear about it.

I'd also like to see the source of this poll that 84% of Americans know 9/11 was a lie.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by aeolus

The base of the problem is this:
Yes, we are living in a fear based society. The problem is that the fear tactics not only affect those that believe the lies and disinformation, they affect those that would and should take action or resist these changes because the fear being used is terrorism. Now that terrorism has been broadened to include American citizens, or "domestic terrorists and super-patriots" that question the government, it's laws, numerous bills and procedures, defend the constitutiuon, or do, say, read, possess anything that the governent deems suspect, it has become dangerous to take any such action at all, lest you be labeled a terrorist and investigated, watched, questioned and put on a list.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chyort
reply to post by aeolus

Show me one person that's been taking from their home as you say. I believe you are referring to the Patriot Act, but I'm not sure. However, just give me example of an American being taken from their homes and tortured and executed, because I have yet to hear about it.

I'd also like to see the source of this poll that 84% of Americans know 9/11 was a lie.

Amen. I'd like to see some relevant data concerning these things. It hasn't happened in my neighborhood and I haven't seen THAT suspicious poll quote before.
See it through aeolus, bring those sources forward.
Cuhail

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I didn't say it had happened i said it COULD happen
i admit you could accuse me of spreading terror, or at least paranoia, by stating such a thing but this was not my intent, merely to point out that people are acquiescing to laws and amendments that they would never have accepted if they weren't already in a state of terror and vulnerability, their thinking processes scrambled.

as for the poll, i didn't mention it, someone else did - i don't believe it myself, but then polls only ever measure the opinions of the people who take them, there's no such thing as a "cross section" of society, finally, since society is made of not of groups but individuals, so it's all random, hence all too easy to rig

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by aeolus

I apologize aeolus, I quoted the author of that little "statistic".

Originally posted by dionysius9

One poll shows that 84% of the American public believe that the government is lying about 9/11.

I still have yet to hear about anyone actually getting tossed, tortured and executed. Of course it could happen, but, a lot of things could happen.

Cuhail

new topics

top topics

join