It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Sinister? or just mysterious?

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Experiments on the People?

Hi Guys.

One of the major shopping centre’s in my home town (Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia) has recently been evacuated twice due to a mysterious “gas leak”.

The first happened last Friday, 16th November. The shop involved was evacuated. The second time it happened was on Tuesday the 20th of November, just 5 days after the first. Police evacuated the whole shopping centre this time, as well as blocking all car park entrances.

The only shop in which the gas was detected both times was Medicare, Australia’s government owned universal health care provider.

Air tests were carried out by the Fire Department, chemical scientists from the University of Southern Queensland and EML Laboratory Group. It was reported today on my local radio station that not one of these test showed up anything.

The people exposed to the mysterious “leak” had multiple symptoms, including (among others) vomiting, diarrhoea and a metallic taste in their mouths.

The article is here Puzzling gas leak causes office closure.

I myself find something fishy about this whole thing. I’m not sure what yet but it just doesn’t add up. First, it has happened twice in five days; Second, no air tests have shown anything; Third, it happened in the only government owned shop/office in the shopping centre, and; Forth, some of the symptoms aren’t consistent with a natural gas leak.

So what could this be? Was it deliberate or accidental? Why have no air tests shown anything? Are all of the symptoms consistent with anything else you can think of?

So what do you think? Could this be something sinister or is it just an unexplained smell with a bad attitude?

I can only come up with questions so I would be pleased to hear your opinion and help me solve (or at least explain) this unexplained “gas leak”.

Thanks for your thoughts.




posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I'm not too sure about your gas leak. Normal gas is non-toxic. It is basically methane with added chemicals that make it smell, so you can detect leaks. Having a metallic taste in your mouth is a classic symptom of radiation poisoning, as are vomiting and the runs, but I think that chances of a radioactive gas leak happening are nil all. I really have no idea what's going on.

As a fellow Aussie, I reckon there's a lot going on in this country that we don't know about. The Harold Holt USN comms station and Pine Gap are simply so suspicious by themselves, and they are the public ones.
I mean, the US has a close ally, us, with vast (really, really vast) spaces of totally uninhabited land, a small population, immediate access to Antarctica and the Southern Pacific and Atlantic oceans, and the leadership is basically in Bushes pocket.
There is way more going on beyond the black stump than they let on.



posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GobbledokTChipeater
 


Hi there,

I'm pretty sure that they found the source of this 'mysterious toxic smell' to be one of the shops (they didn't say if it was Medicare) having its floors varnished. I remember one of the news reports saying that they found a polyurethane varnish to be the culprit. The smell occuring 5 days later is consistent with the timing in applying the second coat.

Sorry to debunk your thread.


Dobbie



posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by watch_the_rocks
 


I agree totally, there is a lot more going on in this country than we know about (than we want to know about?). Thanks for your reply.


reply to post by Dobbie
 


Hi Dobbie. Don't be sorry to debunk my thread, I want an answer not everyone to agree with me.

It was varnish? I thought I heard on the radio this afternoon that they came to no conclusion, could be wrong though. Wouldn't that sort of thing be one of the first things they'd check? Would air tests show up any of the chemicals found in varnishes? Why did it take a second time to find out what the problem was?

Also for the life of me I cannot find any symptoms of varnish exposure that includes a "metallic taste in the mouth".

All I could find is:


Vapor harmful. May affect the brain or nervous system causing dizziness, headache or nausea. Causes nose and throat irritation. Causes eye and skin burns.
Source


MAY AFFECT THE BRAIN OR NERVOUS SYSTEM CAUSING DIZZINESS, HEADACHE OR NAUSEA. CAUSES EYE IRRITATION. CAUSES SKIN IRRITATION. CAUSES NOSE AND THROAT IRRITATION

Source


More searching finds more of the same. Thanks for your thoughts however i'm not totally convinced. I would really like it to be something this easy though it still doesn't add up.



posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Yes, polyurethane varnishes cause those sorts of reactions. I work for a government agency (cannot reveal which one) that would be called on to react to these kinds of reports and trust me, the testing equipment used by those called in will not specifically detect the varnish compounds.

Secondly, our own department was renovated earlier this year and polyurethane varnish was applied to newly laid floorboards and wooden doors - well most of the staff on that floor had to be evacuated! The smell was intense and people were feeling very ill.

Kind regards,

Dobbie



posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Dobbie
 


Hi Dobbie.
Thanks for answering my questions. I might go and have a look tomorrow and see if there is any newly varnished floors near medicare. It still doesn't feel right and I have a couple more questions though:

It was varnish? Wouldn't that sort of thing be one of the first things they'd check (workers using chemicals)? Why did it take a second time to find out what the problem was?

Also for the life of me I cannot find any symptoms of varnish exposure that includes a "metallic taste in the mouth". The other symptoms though can be attributed to varnish (amongst a million other things).

Thanks again for your reply though it still doesn't make sense.



posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
i think it is common for governments to randomly test their own population, here and there, to see how the masses react on a large scale to any sort of given situation. think of those citizens as the collective mouse in their maze. they have to to learn from you to understand the people. from there, they can dictate society as they deem fit.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join