It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The USA becoming a dictatorship?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Naomi Wolf's analysis can't be any more clearer. I feel like democracy and freedom are dying in the US, the secret societies running the country will continue enslaving the american people and eventually other countries.

She stated 10 critical points in the making of a dictatorship and I believe that they all already happened:
www.alternet.org...

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
She is a smart cookie and not bad looking.

Anyway her points are very credible and would definately put the U.S in a dictatorship currently. I'm not making fun of America or anything... I don't like admitting that one of the worlds super-powers COULD be a dictatorship either!

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by amanbuthimself
She is a smart cookie and not bad looking.

Anyway her points are very credible and would definately put the U.S in a dictatorship currently. I'm not making fun of America or anything... I don't like admitting that one of the worlds super-powers COULD be a dictatorship either!

I don't think it is a dictatorship yet. I hope it doesn't become one anytme soon... However, I worry over the fact that all the people who seem to be upset over these possibiliites would rather sit at their keyboards and type in whiney notes than get out and work for possible change.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
When it dawns on the people what is happening, they will not be a part of it. No matter what ideas the "leaders" of this country want to impose on this nation, the people, once they realize what they want to do, will just say "pssst. get bent."

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Noami Wolf is about as credible as Rush Limbaugh or Micheal Moore. She is a political crony of the left just as Bill O Reilly is a crony of the right. Yeah the US becoming a dictatorship is that why the opposition party handed 'The Dictator' his rear last time round. You guys need to pick up a newspaper for gods sake and read it, trust me you'll find plenty of criticism of Bush.

Anyone who believes that Bush is a dictator needs to pull their head out of their rear and learn to think for themselves instead of just recycling the crap they hear on the radio, watch TV, or read on the web. PEOPLE THINK FOR YOURSELVES

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
You need to stop reading flaky websites and get involved in the political process.

Democracy is alive and well in America.

Take some course in Civics, if you can find one, and learn as much as you can about our Constitution and our process of government.

We must all be vigilant to preserve liberty, but alarmism benefits no one.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
You need to stop reading flaky websites and get involved in the political process.

Democracy is alive and well in America.

Take some course in Civics, if you can find one, and learn as much as you can about our Constitution and our process of government.

We must all be vigilant to preserve liberty, but alarmism benefits no one.

What a bunch of BS.

We have absolutely no control over our administration, senate and congress for that matter.

The political process has been destroyed by corporate america and lobbing by major corporations. We have very little say anymore with the process.

No matter who is elected the priorities change once in office and promises are usually never made.

If we did have a say to what is done in this country the war would of been over years ago, social security would be in better shape and health care would at least show some signs of positive progress.

Our votes only matter for local elections and bills. As you can see by the election of 2000 Gore was the winner. We had absolutely no power to who now sits in office.

Open your eyes the process is very corrupt with power and greed and will continue to worsen.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Dennis Kucinich for president. Ya, I know, best hope of bringing democracy back to democracy.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sigung86

After a few deep breaths to keep from speaking harshly, I want to point out that rash pomposity of your statement shows your flagrant disregard for common sense.

You have no idea how hard some of us work when we're not here "whining" at the keyboards. You have no idea the lengths some of us go to in an effort to maintain a free America in the face of what we see happening. In your self induced coma of exasperated wrath at everyone else's sloth in the matter, you bestir yourself to do your own "whining" over the state of affairs.

I'm sure many here have met your type at work or in the armed forces or just daily life. Most of those that cry over how little others are doing are in fact sitting in their own armchair with the remote in one hand and a ham sandwich in the other. It is the best defense the truly lazy have: to whine that others aren't working hard enough.

I've seen you and your ilk the breadth and width of the internet and this site, always ready to blame someone else for the ills of the world, and to cry alligator tears of frustration over how little others are doing in your behalf.

Don't waste your time worrying over the amount of time I spend at the keyboard, or what I may say while I'm there, provided you don't need a dictionary to figure out the big words. Worry about what you yourself are doing to help mankind see a better and freer future. Do your own part and stop trying to lay blame when you have no clue what your saying, or to whom.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by luxor311

Sir, it is your post that is utter BS.

You speak in the clichés of the Marxist leftists who preach pessimism at every turn and who do their best to convince the young that they have no voice.

Yet, there are those like me who are politically active and who manage to make a difference in American life to one degree or another.

One can VOTE!

One can donate time and money to causes that reflect your values.

One can write or call legislators.

Don't be so foolish as to think that you will get all you want when you want it, but with work and time, you can change the course of the nation.

I'm a Benefactor Member of the NRA, an NRA Golden Eagle, a member of the Second Amendment Task Force and a member of the NRA James Madison Brigade, among other things.

These things cost me money and some time, but read what George Stephanopoulos said about the NRA:

"Let me make one small vote for the NRA. They're good citizens. They call their Congressmen. They write. They vote. They contribute. And they get what they want over time." [emphasis mine]

www.nrahq.org...

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
the USA isn't becoming a dictatorship... though the presidency has assumed some oddly dictatorial powers in these past years.

there are some anti-democratic steps that have been taken, but full-fledged dictatorship is very far away.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I think she made some very good points...IMHO we are headed tpwards a very slippery slope...crap, we already are walking up that slippery slope as is...i think we need some big change...im voting ron paul and plan on learning politics to get involved

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxor311[/i

We have absolutely no control over our administration, senate and congress for that matter.

If we did have a say to what is done in this country the war would of been over years ago, social security would be in better shape and health care would at least show some signs of positive progress.

Open your eyes the process is very corrupt with power and greed and will continue to worsen.

I understand your frustration. As an ordinary citizen I often feel that my voice isn't heard. The problem usually is because my position is not shared by a majority of my fellow citizens. That's what happens in a democracy.

I have had some positive experience with writing my congressman about a bureaucratic problem. To my surprise he answered and was very helpful. Many of the people in Washington do respond to the concerns of their contituency if enough people have those concerns. Of course, we "little people" do not have the power to sway our representatives the way the big corporations and the lobbyists can. It takes many of us working together to do that. It's hard but not impossible. The Vietnam war ended when enough people demanded that it should. The war in Iraq can end the same way.

And yes, there is greed and corruption in our government, but in what other country, and in what period of history, has that never been the case? What are the alternatives? Keep working for change.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by danwild6

ummm, so you want to refuse the truth so that you can be independant, and nobody said bush is a dictator. the country is moving towards fascist values. oh yea, the newspaper is controlled by the ppl trying to convert the country! you need to stop believeing everything you read or hear.

[edit on 30-11-2007 by savage soldier]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Wow savage I suggest you take your own advice. And if you've read this thread at all you'd see how its you that is merely recycling the popular trash spewed into your mind by the mass media. Seriously savage you need to educate yourself before you shoot your mouth off.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

I wholeheartedly agree with you. The pessimistic belief that we are powerless to change the world is the purview of cowards and fools.

We still have power. There are entities more powerful than the individual citizen such as the healthcare industry, the military industrial complex, and the corporate controlled media. But united, we the peoplle of this country have more power than any monolithic organization. I think this is one of the main reasons for so much 'right vs left' combative rhetoric in the media. They want to divide us and take away the power we have as unified countrymen.

The aim of dividing the country is also what spurs so many deeply contested issues to become federal legislation. Gay marriage, abortion, prayer in schools, these are all issues that should be decided by state legislatures, not mandated to the entire country by congress or the supreme court. If people could look past these issues we would see that we share so much common ground. People want to live their lives in peace. They want to have a nation of freedom and prosperity for their children to grow up in.

These are the common interests which our leaders have failed us on, and the only reason why we would be powerless to change our current situation is if we focused on one anothers' petty differences instead of seeing our shared bond as citizens of the United States of America.

[edit on 1-12-2007 by Rahul Buttar]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by danwild6
Wow savage I suggest you take your own advice. And if you've read this thread at all you'd see how its you that is merely recycling the popular trash spewed into your mind by the mass media. Seriously savage you need to educate yourself before you shoot your mouth off.

OH MY GOD! you are part of the problem! you refuse to accept what is happening to this country and its people. the stage is set for fascism becoming very prevelent in america. i mean take a look around for gods sake, there are already off shore prisons, bills being passed that are similar to the sedition acts, control of the media, they are trying to take away our right to arms, and countless other things. and fyi i dont just take what i hear and spew it out all over these forums.i dont mean to be pesimistic, but this country is falling apart around our ears and nobody wants to accept it, we all just want to keep on living our american lie! we need to accept what is happening and stop it before it gets any worse.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I have always thought that these concerns were at best overblown. Things could be so, so, so much worse than they are. On the whole, things are pretty good.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Togetic
I have always thought that these concerns were at best overblown. Things could be so, so, so much worse than they are. On the whole, things are pretty good.

you are made to think this way by the media and other parts of corrupt america.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by savage soldier

Ah, yes, of course. So silly of me.

Perhaps if I began with the normative view that anything 180 degrees opposite from the mainstream is necessarily true and that anyone who advocates a position in line with the establishment is serving an elitist agenda, I would be better served intellectually. A position that both extremes are generally blind to the truth is a naturally unhealthy analytical scheme.

[edit on 12/3/2007 by Togetic]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join