It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Paranormal Journey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Hi All,

please allow me to introduce myself, long time reader first time poster (cliché' I know) I would like to share my experiences with those willing to read and give a thoughtful insight into the some what bizarre and interesting events that have happened throughout my life thus far.

I have always been fond of if not a feeling of being drawn to the somewhat "mystical" side of life, the unexplained if you will and immensely enjoy reading up on people's experiences with the paranormal, as a child my imagination would run wild as any child's innocence and beauty could conceive. I have always felt in some ways extrasensory in that I have always been in tune with others thoughts and feelings (empath to a degree) and have at times been able to conjure up a specific event, for example sitting at home and imagining my parents driving home from the supermarket and being able to trace in my mind the exact trip home, from stopping at traffic lights to speed and the exact moment they would arrive home.

I found that as I aged and hit my teens these feelings increased but so did the actual emotion as well. Most of the time in my earlier youth when I would be in this “state” I felt pretty good if not very powerful in a sense but as I got older I began to feel differently more of an eerie uncomfortable feeling like I’m being watched, I began to have dreams whereby there would be someone in my room standing next to my bed and I would be terrified trying to run but unable to move which would scare me even more. After some research (with thanks to ATS) I now believe these dreams could be a form of sleep paralysis combined with my dream state.

Among other things like what I still believe to be my Grandmother visiting me after she had passed (last grandparent left who I had become very close with on my families last visit overseas) major empath conversations with people (find this very easy to do) I have always though to myself that at the end of this there has to be a logical (I hate this word) reason for this, perhaps I keep telling myself this in order to finally understand if not solve the reasoning for all this.

So why am I posting? Since the birth of my son 2 ½ years ago, I find that I feel more spiritually inclined, especially when where together it almost feels we are somehow combined in some spiritual sense and are almost amplified, confused…? Welcome to my world.

There have been many instances since my son’s birth where I constantly feel like I’m being watched, I also notice my son has a huge tendency (especially in his room) whilst during a conversation with him he would shift his entire attention to a corner of his room and just stare almost as if someone is talking to him and he is completely focused. One instance at my wife’s mother’s home, my son and I were watching TV in the room closet to the front door (which was open as it was a hot summers day) and all of the sudden a huge draft swept through the room, both my son and I turned our attention to the door and turned our heads from one side of the room to the other, the room had felt like it dropped 10 degrees and all of the sudden I heard my name being whispered like someone was calling me (we were the only people home at the time, my wife and mother in law went out shopping)

I had passed this off as having consumed about 4 beers at the time and that perhaps it was time for another lol! What I have found is as my son is getting older these weird occurrences are increasing, usually when we are both together as my wife believes I either have to stop drinking or drink more! (p.s I don’t drink as often as you may think just trying to look at this with some humor)

[edit on 21-11-2007 by Soul Searcher]

[edit on 21-11-2007 by Soul Searcher]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Another time which concerned me is when at home (just my son and I) it was bath time and once finished I thought I noticed a white apparition floating past the hallway, then noticing my air conditioning unit (digital) just flashing like as if it was malfunctioning (by the way it wasn’t on but I just had a sudden urge to glance at it) to a light bulb that stopped working 2 days prior to just working again, all in the same night, what freaked me out even more was waking up the next morning and finding the front door which I’m convinced was locked being open and the light not working again…? I do also have some photos of my son with clear as day orbs in them (please see below)

First orb is faintly on my sons head, and the second shot speaks for itself. (for privacy I have edited the faces)

But more recently (last night) in my son’s room changing him into his pj’s he did the look thing I mentioned earlier only this time it was as if Thomas the Tank Engine had entered his room (he just turned his head very sharply looking behind me) but he had a very serious look in his eyes (almost as if he was hypnotized very focused / drawn to what ever was behind me) then I looked behind and saw nothing and he just kind of snapped out of it. I asked him if he had seen anything and he almost seemed very coy about it as if don’t be concerned dad it was nothing, almost as if he was hiding something (kind of felt like he was told too) then after a few times repeating to him what did you see he blurted out that there was something in his room the night before and he pulled back the blind and looked out his window…. But he wouldn’t get very specific as to whom then he said it’s just a monster (got to love TV… not)

Anyway later on we were playing inside with our new puppy when my son kind of tripped and knocked into the wall but it almost seemed as if he was pushed…. (I saw it happen) But he shrugged it off and kept playing but I just felt very strange seeing it, our puppy did quickly go into his kennel straight after it happened and refused to come out for a little while….

Anyway, sorry for the long read I just feel I have to get this off my chest because I’ve been feeling very strange at home at the moment (the whole watched feeling) and my wife is feeling uncomfortable also, is there a presence? Do my son and I amplify some kind of receptive aura together which may attract anything, should I drink more…? Please feel free to comment and let me know what you think of the orb shots.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Anyone have a chance to look at the orbs...? Any thoughts??

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
those "orbs" look like dust or something to me. im no expert but ive seen a lot of stuff like this. there are most certainly others on this site who could provide a better conclusion as to what it is.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
That was my first impression, just that I took about 7 shots in the same area only to have these 2 with "orbs" also not sure what the little red streak on the left in the second photo is either.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
i assume youre talking about the red streak at the top left of the pic? looks like a candle light or something, possibly a reflection.
if youre talking about the red at the bottom left of the pic, i would say that that is your sofa

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Yep the one on the top left, no candle though, first time I noted the red dots on the bottom left too. Towards the top left is the sofa but no one was sitting there at the time, the only thing I could have thought it it might of been my brother in law with his mobile phone, but like I said no one was sitting there.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
ok, so where the streak is is your sofa, which rules out anything being reflected?

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Exactly, just find it very strange.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
there has to be someone here that can come along and give you a good suggestion, but i cant. wish i could be of more help.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Thanks wisefoolishness I appreciate your help, hopefully someone can help cure my curiosity!

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
i've looked at the orb and the red "eye" in the picture i believe the whitish/blue orb to be an angel of sorts but the red is what worries me. your son is right there is a monster living in your house around your son. don't be alarmed someone or something has invited the demon into your life whether by accident or on purpose. if i where you i'd rebuke the demon in the name of god next time you or your son senses his being. i invite spirits into my house they don't frighten me. hell i had one throw a crucifix across the room last week, did it scare me no. why? because i know god will protect me

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Thanks, for the input I'm interested to know what you mean by the "red eye" and why it concerns you. I sort of understand what you mean by inviting the demon either by accident and I hope not on purpose, my understanding of this would mean that it was "thought" driven...?

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Hi all, just hoping anyone else could shed some light on the orbs or perhaps if anyone has or knows someone who has had similar events like that of my son.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Soul Searcher

You should read Bringers of the dawn and her follow up books by Barbara Marciniak.
I am pretty sure you will be one of the few that understands where she is coming from....

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kis11
your son is right there is a monster living in your house around your son. don't be alarmed someone or something has invited the demon into your life whether by accident or on purpose. if i where you i'd rebuke the demon in the name of god next time you or your son senses his being.

Wow. That's quite a jump. You deduced that from 2 pictures and her post? Where did it mention the boy thinks it is a monster? I have no idea what she could be experiencing but I would never assume it's a monster. Without more first-hand knowledge and interview it's very irresponsible to make a conclusion like that. IMHO

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Soul Searcher

Don't be afraid of whatever is happening to you,Soul Searcher.
(I am not saying that you are.)

I say that because my own "journey" has been - especially in my childhood years - very similar to yours. And it has led me to a place where I can now say, with Albert Camus: "In the midst of winter I have found there was, within me, an invincible summer". ; )

There actually IS an "objective", if you will, overlapping of your son's mental & spiritual sphere and your own. It's an accurate perception - heightened, compared to ordinary perception, of course - of how things "really" are. (Think non-local consciousness and such.)

Regarding the eerie feelings of being watched and such: there is always the possibility that there is a source of low-frequency waves in or around your home. They CAN produce such a feeling.

And as for "orbs"... I've only seen them "live", on two or three occasions. They very memorable occasions, of course, that I remember fondly. I don't know WHAT they were, but I've been offered a few explanations. All I can say is they did in fact convey an impression of having a consciousness of sorts.

There is an Austrian researcher of orbs and other such phenomena, Alfred Ballabene. I believe some of his texts are available in English, too. (Or you could write to him if you're interested.)

[edit on 28-11-2007 by Vanitas]

top topics

join