It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senators who protected Big Pharma received millions of dollars from drug companies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Senators who protected Big Pharma received millions of dollars from drug companies

www.newstarget.com

Other recommendations fared even less well. A proposal to allow the importation of less expensive drugs from other countries was defeated 49-40. According to research by the Center for Responsive Politics and PoliticalMoneyLine, these 49 senators (less than 50 percent of the Senate) have received nearly 75 percent of the donations made by the drug industry since 2001, a total of $5 million.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
For some reason, this doesn't surprise me.

I have said, time and time again, that I am a diehard hater of the Pharmaceutical Mafia. They put out drugs that usually do more harm than good and they have the full backing of the government (as a result of millions upon millions of dollars).

At the same time, they do everything in their power to restrict our access to information and ways to obtain alternative treatments.

Jasn

www.newstarget.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
This is another shining example of just how much our leaders serve and care about the people they are supposed to represent.
I have said it many time before and I'll keep saying it, any politician who accepts one penny from lobbyists is bought and is no longer worthy of holding public office. These donations from lobbyists and special interest groups make a mockery of democracy, which is just an illusion anyway.
As well as the declared donations, I'm sure there is a lot of undeclared influence and reward for voting the "right" way for the big corporations and other lobbyists too.

It used to be called bribery and corruption

new topics

join