It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whaaa's review of "Beowulf 3D"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I won't bore you with the story. If you ever went to school; you were exposed to this story even though a fair amount of literary license was taken with the classic tale.

This sexed-up 3D version was shot in the "300" mode By Director Robert Zemetkis. This was a well crafted, seamlessly edited film.

The acting at times verged on Corny but maybe that is to be expected with all the sword play, ogres, dragons etc. Ray Winstone played Beowulf as a superhero, but Beowulf was an old school type of hero anyway.

Ms. A. Jolie naked looked mighty fine, but I kept asking myself if she really looked that good or was she the product of film making art.

Usually 3D movies use 3D in place of good film making. Not in this case; this 3D was very cool and gave a dimension that at times was sheer beauty along with sheer gross out with some of the dripping gore.

Spring the extra $s for the 3D version.

I really liked this film but my GF went to sleep about half way thru and didn't enjoy what she saw all that much.

Instead of stars, I give this film and a half dancing jesters.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Ok you just explained a lot to me. I had no idea it was intended to be 3D. I kept sayin "geez, this movie looks like it sould be 3D" but you just said it was. Now I don't feel so smart
. Still I found it to be corny and overly goretastic (don't get me wrong I love gore but come one people!). I also had no idea it was going to be a cartoon, my bad on not doing some reasearch. All in all it was OK but not worth the $8.75+ tax I had to pay IMHO.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Yeah tetsujin420i, for the $9 ticket they gave you a nice pair of 3D glasses that can be used in the next 3D film, if you don't lose them. I even tend to loose my perscription glasses on a regular basis.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if this type of digital 3D doesn't get to be the next big thing in the industry.

I'll probably go see almost any 3D movie now if it has any redeeming value. I feel it really adds a lot to the film experience if not just used for shock value.

new topics

join