It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do serial killers have spirits?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I was wondering about this because of the uncertainty principle and how some serial killers seem to lack a conscious.

Because of the uncertainty principle their might be a group of people born without a spirit. These people can mimic human behavior but they are essentially animals without a conscious.

This is not the case for all serial killers because most are just crazy but some of them might be animals without a spirit that try to copy the way a human being acts.

Some seem like they are trying to kill a person and take in the part of the person that they lack.

This is not an excuse for them, you need to take them off the street and let the lethal injection do it's job. It's just an observation.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This is an interesting theory. I discussed it with my wife and we had the following opinions on it.

1) It may be possible that some (but not all) are born without a soul. However, wouldn't that cause them to be stillborn? Something would have to take its place. Something... bad.
2) If you believe in reincarnation, then evil souls would come back just as often as good souls.
3) A soul could be broken... warped... by psychological and physical abuse.

In summary, I don't think there is one answer for such a general question.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
TLomon,

You make some good points.

I do think some serial killers lack the ability to reason between good and evil.

Even if you are reincarnated and have some terrible baggage you can still reason between right and wrong. You might have robbed banks in a past life and you have that urge to do it in this life but you have an ability to reason with yourself.

We do it all the time. We reason with ourselves about wether we should go to work or call of or take the streets to work or hop on the highway.

I think some serial killers are born without this ability and they are essentially animals that mimic human behavior.

I think the uncertainty principle allows for these things to occur. It will be a small percentage of people. Just like if a woman goes to 3 doctors and they all tell her she will die in a few months but she ends up living for 10 more years. Uncertainty allows for these anomolies to occur within nature. Most women will die in a few months but a small percentage will outlive there diagnosis.

It's the same with serial killers. most humans are born with the ability to reason and a small percentage of them will be born without this ability which I believe is directly connected to our Divine nature.

Like you said, it's a general question with multiple conclusions but it's an interesting observation.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Yes but they are in turmoil. They are dark, turbulent, and smell bad. The vibrational energy of their souls resound like a dissonant, unharmonious chord.

Slam your fists randomly on a piano, you'll get the idea.

Sometimes they sound like the pluck of a tightly wound guitar string, up near where you tune the guitar at.

Happy people's souls are colorful and sound like music.

Please don't call me crazy. This is always how I have experienced people. It's called synesthesia.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Actually the definition of a sociopath, a term often used to describe mass murderers, is that exact inability to differtiate right from wrong. Most serial killers, however, know what they are doing is wrong, and some even have guilt, but are responded to neigh uncontrollable and disturbed urges. The problem with the way you phrased this thread, it assumes we have souls, which is an entirly different debate.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
If living things have souls, then even serial killers have them. IMO life in general is amoral and human notions of what is right and wrong, no matter how ingrained into our psyche may be, are merely illusory just as many other things in life are.

Spirituality to me then becomes not a test to see whether you can behave, but rather to see if your consciousness can become more self-aware or expand given a limited set of tools by which to do so (that being your fragile temporary physical form). And it may be a very long process that involves reincarnation.

Serial killers to me are likely not thinking all that hard. Not thinking about the consequences of their actions and therefore are likely not self-aware enough to go foward in whatever spiritual game we may be in and will likely have to repeat the process of life far more times than somebody who did not become a serial killer.

[edit on 22-11-2007 by Frith]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Well there are more and more people being born without spirits these days so id say a majority of these killers are in facts spiritless but some of them are just normal humans that have shut off their emotions completely.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Ok I recently did a research paper on serial killers so I would consider myself a very,very minor expert on the subject. Some doctors actually conducted tests on violent and nonviolent offenders. They found that many of the violent ones actually had abnormal brains. I often times find myself having extremely violent thoughts but I dont act on them are you claiming that I may not have a "soul"? I think that serial killers do have a "soul" but it is an extremely twisted "soul".

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I'm more on the side of it being possible that they do not have a soul. However, as to be alive as a human some would say a soul is required. Their souls, much as their brain chemistry is very flawed, in which they may influence each other.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
IMO every human being has a soul (if we assume souls exist and there's something after we die) even the most notorius killer.
Killers just have a different mindset from us and can deal with the prospect of killing and this is what makes them what they are.

Our forfathers used to kill each other in jungle, just to survive so, it's all in our genes. Every human being has a potential of being a killer. Does this mean it doesn't have soul or can loose one? No.

Why would there be only good souls?

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Actually, I didn't say soul. I think they have souls but not spirits or as the Bible says "the breathe of life."

I think that there were ape-men before Adam and Eve. I think Adam and Eve mixed with these ape-men and human beings were born.

I think a percentage of individuals will be born without the breathe of life and these people will essentially be beasts.

I think this ties to 666. I think 666 = an incomple human or a human without the breathe of life and there not able to distinguish between good and evil.

I think they can mimic human behavior.

I think the final "beast" king will be this way. It will be like Jeffrey Dahmer being President of the United States.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The soul and spirit are one and the same thing.

It is the aspect of being, the personality, which survives death and existed before birth.

By their very actions of abusing innocents, serial killers damage their "god spark." This in turn hampers their ability to ascend into The Light after their bodies die, as well as their ability to discriminate between right and wrong, good and evil. By their own set limitations, their own karma, they are indirectly forced to reside in hellish dimensions with others who are also spiritually retarded.

That is why when you ask serial killers and rapists to define good and evil, they have a very hard time doing so.

Conversely, those who strive to live by The Golden Rule and who perform selfless acts, cultivate their "god spark" and increase their ability to ascend into The Light after death. They also improve in being able to discriminate between right from wrong, good and evil.

The choices we make in life matters deeply.

Life is a golden opportunity to live a spiritual life in a world of darkness.

Life is very important because how we have lived our life largely determines how far we can go into the light.

Near Death Experience Research Conclusions

EDIT: Dionysius9's Gift of Synesthesia provides us with an accurate appraisal on this subject

[edit on 24-11-2007 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I don't think the soul and spirit are the same thing. A good book to read on this subject is Peter Novak's The Lost Secret of Death.

I think the body is buried, the soul wanders and reincarnates and the spirit returns to the Source at death.

This is why people see ghosts that seem to be stuck. These are souls that don't have the reason(spirit) to get past things. A soul could feel guilty and they don't have the ability to reason themselves out of that feeling. Its like you can do something now and feel guilty about it and then talk yourself out of that guilt in a few weeks a soul can't do that and they get hung up on things.

It's like Paul said:

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit(seat of reason) and soul(the ghost) and body(flesh) be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Thessalonians 5:23

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by polomontana
I don't think the soul and spirit are the same thing. A good book to read on this subject is Peter Novak's The Lost Secret of Death.

Nothing speaks like experience.

And my experience as a spiritual medium has taught me that the soul and spirit are one and the same.

I think the body is buried, the soul wanders and reincarnates and the spirit returns to the Source at death.

I have found that the Hindu concept of reincarnation is not accurate. We do not immediately incarnate into another body after death. We go into the Spirit and then decide if we wish to come back. The more mature souls wait a while and reflect, and carefully choose to the best of their ability and the circumstances available, their next incarnation. The immature souls come back into the flesh more quickly and with less spiritual preparation.

This is why people see ghosts that seem to be stuck. These are souls that don't have the reason(spirit) to get past things. A soul could feel guilty and they don't have the ability to reason themselves out of that feeling. Its like you can do something now and feel guilty about it and then talk yourself out of that guilt in a few weeks a soul can't do that and they get hung up on things.

The very fact that you equate personality to souls points to them being spirits. You cannot have a spirit or discarnate without a personality, just as you cannot have someone feeling guilty who does not have a soul.

Any sentient being, on This Side or The Other Side, has a soul. In fact, that is how one can tell. If someone or something conveys emotions on a telepathic level, it is a soul.

Spirits that are "stuck" as you say, are people who have emotional problems due to a lack of spirituality. For if they cultivated their spiritual sides when in bodies, they would be able to ascend into The Light to a place of harmony, healing, and at least some contentment. Going into The Light to a high degree is not a given or choice for most, but is actually the reward for living more than one selfless life of spiritual principle.

It's like Paul said:

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit(seat of reason) and soul(the ghost) and body(flesh) be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Thessalonians 5:23

The soul of Paul of Tarsus has learned a lot and been through a lot since those days.

Trust me.

[edit on 24-11-2007 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
I have found that the Hindu concept of reincarnation is not accurate. We do not immediately incarnate into another body after death. We go into the Spirit and then decide if we wish to come back. The more mature souls wait a while and reflect, and carefully choose to the best of their ability and the circumstances available, their next incarnation. The immature souls come back into the flesh more quickly and with less spiritual preparation.

Hi again Paul. Do you really believe we have the choice
That is something I am not so sure of. I tend to feel that if it is a natural cycle, then reincarnation occurs outside of our control. All living things die. A flower for example but it grows again in sync with the environs.

sorry to the op if this is off topic.

on topic, after the VT Massacre, I couldn't help noticing the difference in the young mans face during the shootings. He looks possessed. Other photos depicted him quite different. I sort of feel (and I am not 100% sure of anything) that perhaps people are possessed when they do things like this. Really.. have a look at the pics of the guy and it is so obvious. His eyes seem really out there.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   
everything living has a soul a soul is nothing more than life force some greater than others. reincarnation does occur even in the bible it speaks of reincarnation in rev chapter 3 when jesus has a new name so the answer is yes serial killers have a soul. are all serial killers bad, no hell some of em just doin the dirty work for you, they clean up the world, then other do it for the thrill of the kill. is there a heaven and is there a hell, thats for you to decide i know the facts i've lived the facts, and everyday i learn more facts about life people and the supernatural which in fact and thurisaz is right about th adept and inept spirits.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Hi Thurisaz,

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
I have found that the Hindu concept of reincarnation is not accurate. We do not immediately incarnate into another body after death. We go into the Spirit and then decide if we wish to come back...

Originally posted by Thurisaz
Hi again Paul. Do you really believe we have the choice
That is something I am not so sure of. I tend to feel that if it is a natural cycle, then reincarnation occurs outside of our control. All living things die. A flower for example but it grows again in sync with the environs.

Of course we have a choice as to whether we incarnate into bodies. We all have free will to choose what we want to the extent of our development, to the extent of those who support us, and to the extent of what is currently available and achievable.

All living things die but we are souls who temporarily exist in bodies, not bodies who temporarily have personalities.

Originally posted by Thurisaz
on topic, after the VT Massacre, I couldn't help noticing the difference in the young mans face during the shootings. He looks possessed. Other photos depicted him quite different. I sort of feel (and I am not 100% sure of anything) that perhaps people are possessed when they do things like this. Really.. have a look at the pics of the guy and it is so obvious. His eyes seem really out there.

You are quite right.

Discarnate demonic forces work through and around those who are spiritually corrupt and in the flesh, to abuse innocents.

That is why you hear about the reoccurring stories of serial killers and serial rapists saying that they were just listening to the voices in their head. Contrary to the generally accepted and inaccurate psychological paradigm set forth by Sigmund Freud: those voices that strive to further abuse to innocents are actually spiritually retarded discarnates who find pleasure in sadism and violence for its own sake. They too lessen from The Light as a result and find themselves on the First Plane - whereby they are no longer able to work through people in the flesh to further their sadistic pleasure.

[edit on 25-11-2007 by Paul_Richard]

new topics

top topics

join