It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International Football League across the borders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Canada and the U.S. have these sporting sparings with each other:

* Hockey
* Soccer
* Tennis
* ETC.

I've heard that Canadians play against the U.S., but what league is it?

We still have the Grey Cup - Montreal and Winnepeg at present. Toronto is out. (Don't quote me on these figures)

[edit on 21-11-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Does anyone know of any definitive/valid reason why the sports administration should NOT include together American and Canadian Football Leagues under 'one roof'?

Can you imagine the 'Football pools', and who would be voting for whom?

I can foresee onlly this: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$...and then some.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Jeese...I try to help out the football league, and what do I get?

Silence...in return.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Ducky, it would never work. The CFL and NFL have very different rules.

Although if you are looking for NFL football in Toronto, you won't have to wait long. The Buffalo Bills announced that they will play a couple of thier home games next season in TO. Which in most sporting circles is seen as a precursor for the move in '09 or '10. They want to test the waters so to speak, of how the NFL will be recieved here in Canada.

For the record, I wouldn't want a merger of the two leagues. Our game has a lot more history and I wouldn't want to lose another piece of Canadiana to America.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

GAU?

Tell me an 'official rule'?

Could NOT the Canadian and American teams co-incide?

I've heard that the Canadian 'playing-field' is twice as long as the Americans.

Is this true?

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   

SEE?...if the Buffalo Bills are going to play against us?!?!??!

Are the leagues (international and otherwise...willing to conform?)

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
No thats not true Ducky but our field is longer and wider. 10 yards longer and 15 wider if I remember. Also, in Canada, we play with 3 downs. In America, it is four downs.

The receivers can also get a running start here. Down south, they need to be perfectly still before the ball is snapped. The endzones here are bigger here in Canada too. There are some rule differences also but those are some of the basic differences.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   

For the record, I wouldn't want a merger of the two leagues. Our game has a lot more history and I wouldn't want to lose another piece of Canadiana to America.

Gau...we as CANADIANS didn't lose any history at all playing HOCKEY against the yanks. Those guys gave us a fantastic run for our money! God Bless them...they worked extremely hard!

I personallly think, that it is due time that Canucks flexed our sports mussles again in other divisions.

FOOTBALL is NO exception.

Canadians can brag all their worth with Football.

As with HOCKEY, We should extend our horizons.

Remember the YAGHTING races?

Bluenose 1

Bluenose 2

I think it's high time that Canadians extend past the borders - "All in the spirit of competiveness."

~Ducky~

[edit on 21-11-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I am all for the NFL coming to Canada, Ducky. I would make a at least one trip a year to see a game. I am not sure I would want to sacrifice the CFL for it though. Our game is older than the American version. Actually both games were the same until the Americans started changing rules.

Oh bye the way darlin', the Grey Cup is this weekend in your neck of the woods. Check it out. Watch a little NFL tomorrow and some CFL on Sunday. See if you can spot the differences.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I know hon...been watching for some time.

new topics

top topics

join