It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we trust cellphones?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Once my cellphone managed to affect the signal sent through my keyboard wire #ing up my typing (scary), yeah their signal is powerful enough to create a electromagnetic disturbance in our wires; that's what happens when your speakers go BIP BIP too and your screen flickers.

And previously I've learnt through a little experiment I did that you can remotely listen to the electromagnetic field around any electric wire making it possible to read the data sent through it:
media.putfile.com...

So if the mobile phone is capable of both these technologies then it can actually be used to remotely hack into any wires, it's scary to think about and we all go around with these in our pockets... Our brain is even emitting weak electromagnetic fields; maybe it's possible to even interfere with those!

They are killing our bees too:
www.ctv.ca...

Something to think about!

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I think studies have been done that both showed mobile phones contribute to cancer, and that they don't. That 's enough for me though, I don't use them...

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Raoul Duke

They have, check this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TrappedSoul

Mobile phones contain radio transceivers, so it's possible for them to interfere with anything that is susceptible to interference. That's not rocket surgery.
As far as them being used to "monitor" your typing and such, while it'd certainly be possible, I doubt it'd be practical. Whomever is doing the monitoring likely already has better ways to get information about you such as listening to your phone calls, monitoring your Internet connection, etc.

The bees thing hasn't been proven, by the way, but those studies haven't been centered around mobile phones as the only potential problem. It's actually been hypothesized that any and/or all radio communications could interfere with bee navigation, but it's not been proven.

For best results, though, don't put your phone near your other electronic devices. You're much less likely to have interference that way.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
read cell by stephen king
the answer is no
really read it though, its a good book

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
dispite holding one to your head for any amount of time, continously flooding the world with microwaves can't be good...can it?

in other news "Is your mind being read without you knowing it?"
just think about it!

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by never_tell
dispite holding one to your head for any amount of time, continously flooding the world with microwaves can't be good...can it?

You must've missed that big, giant, orangey-yellow ball o' nuclear fusion out there. It tends to spit out a good bit of radiation itself, and we get bathed in it every day.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by shoran

ummm... i live in the moon?

anyway, not sure natural radiation form the sun is the same as microwaves from a transmitter... i could be wrong...

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I get a bad headache whenever I use a cell phone, as well as stomach cramps. I've never owned one, but I used to use my mom's cell to call my g/f because she lived far enough away to be charged for long distance... and that really was agonizing. My 12 year old nephew wants a cell phone. That's scary that kids are being brainwashed into thinking cell phones are cool. I'm like... the only person I know without a cell phone. I've always known they were bad for you, just cuz of the way they made me feel when I used them.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   
When I tell people cell phones are bad for them, they tend to just laugh and roll their eyes, and then they stare at me like I just announced I was an alien from Venus or something. WTF? That's not even a conspiracy. It's a fact. I wonder if Stephen King's book isn't a little bit of truth. I mean, the radiation and electromagnetics are definitely affecting the way the brain acts... so who knows? I think it's causing brain damage, personally. Causing people to become dumber, clumsier, less observant of their surroundings, more aggressive...

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I don't think using a cell phone to remotely hack into your system is at all practical. With the influx of wireless routers, keyboards, etc, the easiest thing to do would be to use a laptop with a wireless NIC and browse for open connections in an area. It can be done quite easily, and it is amazing how many people don't have their system properly locked down.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Yeah, I do agree with you TLomon.
My thread may be a bit silly when I think about it, but I just wanted to point out that it could maybe be possible and that we all go around with these...

I've even heard that some (police or whatever) can turn your cellphone on and secretly listen to you and the people in the room, that's just sick! And they can even know your position at any time no matter where you are in the world because it can work as a GPS too.

If people want to control us or spy on us then nothing is better to use than the cellphone because these days we all kinda must have one to fit into the society.

indierockalien:
Maybe you're one of the few that is extra sensible to electromagnetic fields. I once saw a documentary about that on TV, people who was actually "allergic" to it. They couldn't go anywhere near electrical equipment or cellphone towers without feeling pain in their body and had to live isolated. This one guy isolated his room with tinfoil etc to block out any disturbance.

And these are people who could live a totally normal life if we humans hadn't radiated the whole earth with all this #. What if more and more people will get ill like this and we can't stop it? We would have to change all our technology then... And just like these people some animals may naturally be affected like this too and we will never really know.

[edit on 2007/11/22 by TrappedSoul]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrappedSoul
I've even heard that some (police or whatever) can turn your cellphone on and secretly listen to you and the people in the room, that's just sick! And they can even know your position at any time no matter where you are in the world because it can work as a GPS too.
[edit on 2007/11/22 by TrappedSoul]

I think you are starting to get a bit paranoid now. The police do not have that ability. However, they are able (with appropriate court documents) to tap any cell line, as well as your landline, and make it common practice to do so if you start calling certain international numbers.

The GPS thing is partially true. They can narrow down where you are via the cell towers you are currently bouncing off of. Sometimes that is enough to track you down, but in a place like NYC, good luck.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
There was a thread some time ago here which referenced this article about how it is possible to use data contained in the static or background noise in the mobile phone network to have a computer give you a 3D image using microwave imaging.

Now that is scary! Basically from anywhere in the world they can get a 3D image of anywhere else in the world so long as that place is bathed in microwave radiation from the GSM phone masts (face it almost everywhere of interest) and they also have access to the data streamed to a computer that is able to do the maths using the dopler effect. I should add that it would only be able to image you if you move or have a heart beat - so you could easily beat the system by being dead

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
so you could easily beat the system by being dead

Thanks, I'll remember that!

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by never_tell

in other news "Is your mind being read without you knowing it?"
just think about it!

The world has been flooded by microwaves since long before man came along. Even then, microwaves have been present for at least 70 years since the advent of RADAR.

Really people, just look at the actual wattage of the microwaves being used by cell phones. It really is such a minuscule amount of power that even if you surrounded an egg with 100 mobile phones all going off at once, you can't even warm it up, let alone cook it.

new topics

top topics

join