It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Men Re-Arrested in Disappearance of Natalee Holloway

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
If you think the Aruba Police is better then the FBI at solving criminal investigations then you need to do some more research. It has been proven that from Day One the Aruba Police screwed up the investigation.

The FBI probably sent more agents to the island then the Aruba Police has detectives in their entire department.

I just did some research, as of March 2006 the Cuerpo Policial de Aruba/Aruba Police Corps employed a whopping total of 250 sworn officers plus civilians in addition there is also a separate Customs Department (Aduana Aruba), Immigration Department (Immacracion Aruba) and a Prisons Department plus a detachment from the Koninklijke Marechaussee/Royal Constabulary (Netherlands paramilitary national police). There is also a battalion of Royal Netherlands Marines split between Aruba and the Netherlands Antilles and a Royal Netherlands Navy frigate and some patrol boats for coast guard and border protection.

[edit on 23-11-2007 by ChrisF231]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

I didn't say that they didn't make mistakes. They did, and that was mainly because of the intense media pressure they were working other. Something they've never experienced before. And did I say or mention that I think that the Arubian police are better then the FBI? Read my post again!

And I think you'd have to do your research again, because I am sure that there are more police officers in Aruba.

Btw... The government departments in Aruba are officially in Dutch, only recently in Papiamento. You have some mistakes in there, but that's not relevant to the discussion.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Is anyone else tired of this story other than me? I remmember when this first happened it was in the news for around a year. And here they go again.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by UScitizen

Yes the media in the U.S. really played this up and squeezed it for all it could be worth. They never bothered mentioning the few hundred or so other missing persons that go unsolved every year.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join