It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Men Re-Arrested in Disappearance of Natalee Holloway

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Three Men Re-Arrested in Disappearance of Natalee Holloway

www.foxnews.com

ORANJESTAD, Aruba — Three men who were previously detained as suspects in the 2005 disappearance of American teen Natalee Holloway have been re-arrested in the case, the Aruban public prosecutor's office said Wednesday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This is breaking news now so details are sketchy, I wonder what new eidence has surfaced now hat they didnt had 2 or 3 years ago.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
There was some pretty heated debate here at ATS about this case when it had just gone down.

I guess we better get ready to fire it back up again.

*cracks knuckles*

Peace

[edit on 21-11-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This is what I coould found from Yahoo News

"The public prosecutor's office has ordered their renewed arrest because further investigation into the disappearance has led to new incriminating evidence," the prosecutor's office said in the statement.

Source

I always believe that this guys were involved someway in her death, may be an accident or deliberate, just have to wait to see what that new evidence is.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Bleh..

We'll see where this goes in the near future. If anywhere.

Funny though... Something that happens on my island, I hear about on ATS. Of course, I haven't been watching the news, listening to the radio or reading any newspapers for a long time already.

[edit on 21-11-2007 by TheBandit795]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Its being reported on the TV news here now also. So I guess with the help of the broadcast media it will be a heated debate again.

apc

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Debate?

I haven't cared too much about this matter and haven't paid attention. What is there to debate? Here or in the media? It's a criminal matter... the evidence either incriminates or it doesn't. Someone please help me out here.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well there is a conspiracy angle to it. There are some questions that no one dare answer.

Why weren't the other students who where there with her ever questioned by the FBI?

Why was the mother here on Aruba within hours of the students leaving Aruba, already with hundreds of "Natalee missing" pamphlets already?

And I've read somewhere about a month ago that congress was doing an inquiry about the FBI blocking efforts of the Arubian authorities to properly investigate the case.

And so on..

There is more weird stuff going on.

[edit on 21-11-2007 by TheBandit795]

apc

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Ah thank you. Yes quite odd.

If the mother were 'in on it'... well... my imagination has a lot of fun with that one.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Are you guys serious? Suggesting the mother to be "in on it". I must have missed that thread.

Anyways I blame the fact that no one has been found on incompetence by the local authorities and the Dutch law enforcement agencies. Look im from im island too, and we depend on turism ans any other island in the caribbean for jobs, but when ever an incident that involves the death of a turist on the island take place, is like everything else stop and the matter is resolved, and whoever did the crime pays for it, local or not.

My impression is that they have try to cover this up since the beginning, not to have a backlash on their main source of income which is really a shame and pathethic. And also to protect some local rich kids that their parents happen to have some influence too.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Nonsense...

I'll be the first to tell you that the law enforcement doesn't give a damn about those three kids. They screwed up at times, yes. But one of the main reasons for that was the intense media pressure from the U.S. press. The law enforcement here was never worked under that much pressure. That I'm highly convinced that they were being blocked by the FBI because they never got the chance to question the students that where there at the time.

Furthermore, I can believe that the mother had something to do with it. Her behavior here shows that. In the first two months that she was here she got every single thing free from us. She got all help she could need. Government workers got the day off to help search for the girl. The Dutch airforce even brought some f-16's to scan the whole island and the sea around us for the girl. We obviously tons of money to help the mother, and try to find the girl, but she still treats us in the media like we're the devil.

She and her crew was at el Faro drinking their butts off and laughing within the first weeks that she was here.

The first pamphlets she came with it was obvious that there were problems between her and her daughter. On the pamphlets she came with, she was begging her daughter to please call, and they would talk and work it out.

The lady who helped her the most (Julia Renfro) when she was here observed some strange behavior from her. The first time she met Beth, she told Renfro "she had no ill will against Aruba". Doesn't that sound strange for a scared mother of a missing child to be saying as first thing?

Some days after a private jet came in specially for Nathalee, because the mother said they would take her and carry her back to the U.S. without anyone knowing. That same day they got a phone call from people who were claiming that the girl was with them and she didn't want to leave. The wanted her gone. But they wanted 4000 guilders reward for the girl ($25000 was offered at the time for info which would lead to the girl). The mother refused. Now isn't that strange?

And the girl? Well she was drunk and high all weekend when she was here. One of my former students was a waiter at the holiday inn at the time, and he saw that all of those kids were drunk and high practically whole time they were there. That girl is not the angel she is told to be, and in the Dutch news (a few days ago) it's also said that she came out of rehab before coming to Aruba.

Btw.. Apparently everyone forgot that the mother said on national tv (dr Phil) that she spoke to her daughter on the phone some months after she disappeared.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Who is this Natalee Holloway? Is she blonde with blue eyes?

Edit: Nevermind... I just clicked on the link... I must be psychic

[edit on 22-11-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

your not psychic. She made the news because she has a face that the news media is willing to pick up on. Its unforchanet, and not fair, but that's the way the media works.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

So because she was high and drink her disapeareance and possible murder is not worth investigating? Because the mother got drunk that one time she is involved?

A parent having problem with a young teenager, reason for murder, then all the teens around the world are going to be killed!

All you told was hearsay, you slander the family worst than the tabloids dude! I understand that you must feel bad for the bad press your island is receiving but common!

If all you have said is true, why they rearrest this guys? Seems to me they doing something they didn't have, basically they finally did their job.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Bunch,

What I'm telling you is what happened, what was observed by numerous people and can be verified easily. Much of it was documented in the news, especially the newspaper Amigoe, one of the most rational, emotionless and reliable newspapers I know. (Only the part of my student is heresay) Perhaps there was a murder, and the boys might be guilty. But the investigation was blocked by the FBI at least, and they've never gotten the chance to do an actual investigation of the family or the other kids. Why is that? They asked the stepfather to come over to the police station and started to question him. He got angry and walked out of the police station. Isn't that obstruction of justice?

Why is it taboo to investigate those who are closest to a person that is missing, doesn't the justice system do that in the U.S. as one of it's first actions?

And why was she NEVER on the FBI missing list??

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
If the Aruba Police couldent handle it then why dident they call for the Dutch National Police? Its the same thing here with our territories, if the San Juan PD (or any PR municipal police force) cant handle a case they call the Puerto Rico State Police and if they cant do it then the FBI can be asked come in, same thing with the Guam PD, USVI PD, American Samoa DPS and the CNMI PD.

To be totally honest here, I think she died of a drug overdose or alcohol poisoning (the police said she was heavily doing both of them while she was in Aruba ex. her day would be little more then drinking all day until she dropped and then get up and do it again) and the people she was with freaked out and dumped her body in the ocean offshore.

[edit on 22-11-2007 by ChrisF231]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
If one would go to the OP and click the link [Aruba]

there is one link in particlar; 'Netherlands' - 1 hour ago

in the news report the Van Der Sloot man has been arrested in Netherlands,
suspicion of commiting manslaughter
and causing harm that resulted in the death of the teen girl.

sounds like they have eye witnesses who must have described
certain acts.. which may also involve alcohol or drugs.

no report on the two brothers in Aruba, ust the van der sloot guy who is being extradited to Aruba

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

What I'm telling you is what happened, what was observed by numerous people and can be verified easily. Much of it was documented in the news, especially the newspaper Amigoe, one of the most rational, emotionless and reliable newspapers I know. (Only the part of my student is heresay) Perhaps there was a murder, and the boys might be guilty. But the investigation was blocked by the FBI at least, and they've never gotten the chance to do an actual investigation of the family or the other kids. Why is that? They asked the stepfather to come over to the police station and started to question him. He got angry and walked out of the police station. Isn't that obstruction of justice?

No is not obstruction of justice, it has been also documented the errors, incompetece and inaction of the local authorities by respectable outlets here in the U.S., but back to the family conspiracy, what makes you think that the stepfather, mother would have anything to do? They were not in the island at the time, and there is plenty of indications that this 3 individuals are connected to what happen to the girl.

Why is it taboo to investigate those who are closest to a person that is missing, doesn't the justice system do that in the U.S. as one of it's first actions?

Yes, but when the family members are around when the incedent happen, at the time of Natallee disapeareance no family member was in the island so why bother first with that angle.

And why was she NEVER on the FBI missing list??

Because the FBI and smarter than you, me, the local authorities and the Dutch LE agencies, they know what they were and are dealing with, a possible homicide, is pretty clear that something happen to that girl, something bad, no genious need it to figure that one out, she aint missing, she's dead.

And to clarify one of your points that you think your are mistaken, the group of friends that were with Natallee did spoke to the authorities, that's how the 2 brothers and the Van Der Sloot came to the picture. The fact is that whatever information this group had, it was given to the FBI and pass on to the local authorities.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Well if that isn't obstruction of justice I don't know what is.

I've already told you what makes me think that they may have something to do with it. Which I didn't in the beginning. After seeing the behavior of these people and some of the revelations that I've mentioned, our opinions of the whole case have changed quite a bit.

You don't have to be anywhere around to be complicit in any possible crime. It can be done by a third person as well.

But aren't people that are missing end up on the missing list, even if it's a possible homicide? And by the way, it will be hard for me to believe that the FBI is much better than the Dutch LE agency which functions to European standards.

And if she's dead and died somewhere on the island and got thrown into sea, I think the body wouldn've been found already. Every inch of Arubian ground and waters was searched repeatedly by numerous different organizations, including the airplanes I mentioned which scanned the sea. There is no trace of any body and there is still not a shred of evidence of a murder. And if the mother was so sure she was murdered. She would've never said on Dr Phil's show that she spoke with her daughter on the phone. She said it on tv, and I saw that with my own eyes.

The spoke only briefly with the authorities, mentioning that she was last seen with the three boys. But a follow up investigation was never done on them. Perhaps they could've given more info to clear up some issues in the case. No attempts where made to allow the Arubian authorities the chance to further their investigation in this area. That is a fact.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   
The main stream media is still devoting time to this, a lot of time on the station I have on. So thank the media for still keeping this in the spot light.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join