It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a 'set limit' to how many threads we can have under our profiles?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
[This is actually a 2-part question)

I was checking over 'my profile' the other day, and had noticed that a few of my threads were not listed.

1. Is there a 'limit', to how many posts can be listed under one's profile. Are they 'bumped' somehow? When I click on 'my other threads', this is how I found out.

2. I was looking at how ALL MEMBERS can 'free up space', and the possibility of 'asking Administration/Moderators to delete 'unwanted' postings in our library of threads.

If there is a 'limit' as to how many postings/threads are allowed to stick around in our 'profile page', how many of us have looked them over and thought: "Jeese, I'd like to get rid of this one, and that one...to free up space for better goodies?"

(Mods..could you change the title to:"Is there a 'set limit' to how many threads we can have under our profiles?" - Thankyou kindly)

[edit on 21-11-2007 by TheDuckster]

[edit on 22-11-2007 by intrepid]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I've asked this question about 10 days ago.

A lot of people have viewed this thread since then.

Here's my question again:

When I look into 'My Profile', and search under 'my other threads', WHY can't I view ALL of the threads that I created?

Is there a Limit as to 'how many threads' are allowed under one's 'profile'?

Do certain threads get 'bumped' - in favor or others, or do they get bumped 'off the profile charts altogether?'

ATS Inquiry Minds want to know.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Duckie I am glad you asked this question, I have several that I would like to delete as they went over like one ton bombs... No sense cluttering the profile with them any longer. And there are some that even though they did not get the attention I had hoped for I would like to see protected from deletion. Great question and I bet alot of people will be glad to see the awnsers.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
The limits I think you are talking about are the last 250 posts you made in the order you made them, and the 150 last threads you started in the order you started them.

edit: As for finding the old ones, hopefully you tagged them so it's easier to search for them.

[edit on 12/1/07 by AcesInTheHole]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AcesInTheHole

That's what I was wondering.

If we had to 'tag' them.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Well you don't have to, but the search works a lot better when you do. I think the tags should be manditory on all threads, not just news.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AcesInTheHole

I don't have to, but was still wondering if all my threads were 're-gurging' into some ATS mainstream pile. I was wondering 'why' I don't see ALL the threads under my name/profile.

Any reason why?

new topics

top topics

join