It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No turkey or ham for me.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I was looking forward to this Thanksgiving. Some nice turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, some stuffing, my mom's chocolate marigne pie. My step dad said he would go out and get these items so my mom could cook them. Well.... He finds out he has to work on thursday. So what does he do? He starts going to the bar EVERY NIGHT! Used up all of his money. Now we're out of groceries, I had to buy them, out of beer, after I've bought that last 10 cases. No cat litter, and I can't afford it now. My bank account is now drained. I ended up buying a couple of small steaks for my mom and I tomorrow, along with a few canned goods.

OH WONDERFUL! As I was writing this I just got a phone call, my grandma just had a stroke. I gotta go.

Edit: Sorry I had more to rant about, but my families lives are more important then my stupid rants. I'm out of here. Happy Thanks Giving all.

[edit on 21-11-2007 by Slash]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Well crap, I thought you were gunna say you were giving up those because of heath or ethical reason, and to which I had an asshole reply in mind but now I cannot use it. Your story is crushing.

Your dad sounds like a cake, I'm so sorry you and your mother have to suffer cause of him being a douche.

I hope everything is alright with your grandmother, I know me saying this stuff probably doesnt mean much. I mean who be me to you? Just some weirdo on the net.

Regardless, I wish you the best.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Thank you for your well wishes. My grandma is doing okay for the most part. She is at high risk for another stroke however. Just hoping for the best right now.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Wow that really sucks dude. Good to hear your grandmother is ok now, hope she stays better. I hope your mom and you enjoy your steaks together and have a good time. Peace bro!

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Youch, that hurts man. I've had a four week flu and the Tobramycin isn't helping my eye infection and I've eaten soup or nothing for 15 plus days. Life sucks at times. But I know there is always someone who's got it worser. I am still thankfull for what I have. My dogs, my life, and my hope to be keeping house.

[edit on 22-11-2007 by jpm1602]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Yes, I've always kept that in my mind, pretaining to what I'm thankful for. I was meaning to post a follow up being thankful for what I have. A roof over my head, my family, my life in general. You're right, it could be worse. I would hate to be a homeless starving person who lives off the streets.

[edit on 22-11-2007 by Slash]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
You know what i take my hat off to, i know people who have it the worse i have ever seen life to be.

They smile and say yeah someone has it worse. Well yeah perhaps but not many. Those the worse off of anyone i could think of think like that?? I am humbled! I am rich beyond anything i could imagine. OK not as far as i could imagine LOL

I once took my car in for a service and there was this seriously cool Mercedes standing there and i said to the dude taking my car "i would dig to be one of those guys" and he looked at me and said, "i would dig just to be one of YOU guys" and that made me think that actually have it good through good and bad it has never been that bad.

I wish the best to you Slash and strength to your Gran!!

new topics

top topics

join