It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Power Anything With a AAA Battery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
youtube.com...

This video explains how anyone can power nearly any electronic device with just a triple A battery and an RCA audio cable. In the video, they power a television. Although it won't work to long, it does power the tv. I think this could be very helpful in the event of a major power outtage, you'd have to be pretty stocked up on batteries though. This can probobly work on much more than TV's, I think I might have to try this one, I'll post the results if I do.

[edit on 11/21/07 by AcesInTheHole]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
MOD EDIT [insulting remark removed]

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21-11-2007 by elevatedone]

(MOD EDIT) oK, Let me fix this.
There's no way this could happen. A "AAA" battery only puts out 1.5vdc and very little current. There's simply not enough juice to make the tv do anything, much less make a picture on the screen..

[edit on 21-11-2007 by ebe51]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
This can probobly work on much more than TV's, I think I might have to try this one, I'll post the results if I do.

You should have tried this before you posted.
Were you remotely serious or just pulling legs?

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
seems like it would be risky, since some electrical equipment will malfunction or worse, break - if not given the correct amount of power.

apc

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Well, your typical AAA battery can provide less than 2 watts of energy. Your typical 26" television uses about 150 watts of energy. Just to charge the flyback and turn on. Not to mention most television power supplies will only energize at ~90VAC (US).

But I'm sure you could power some old pocket TVs off a single AAA... for about thirty milliseconds.

I didn't watch the video by the way. If it shows a AAA battery turning on a television, it's a hoax.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I don't think you can power a Dodge Durango pickup truck with a AAA battery. Although I could be wrong.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Before making ignorant comments why not prove this video is a hoax and test out the demonstration for yourselves? If it does not work then post evidence of your findings. Simple as that.

apc

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I don't want to waste the RCA cable.

You try it. Be sure to post the evidence of your findings.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
It's a hoax - and I'm disappointed that you are actually seriously debating this, or as a prev poster pointed out are you pulling out collective legs?

Why do you think the camera follows the cable back and forth a couple of times - but wont show it actually entering the back of the TV?

You can power a digital clock on a potato if you like - or harness the power of hamsters in wheels to run a small transistor radio!

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
Before making ignorant comments why not prove this video is a hoax and test out the demonstration for yourselves? If it does not work then post evidence of your findings. Simple as that.

One does not need to prove it is a hoax, if it is readily apparent that it is.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I just tried it, it doesnt work.

I didnt ruin any cables though, I just temporarly connected it with help from a friend.

Nothing happens, not even a little sound or click. Nothing.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
HMMM!!!
So it's a hoax eh?

All I have to say is whoever thought this was a good hoax ... kind of sucks at life.

I guess they want people to try this out and get frustrated... haha?

Still it would be cool if we could get some info on how to power devices without electricity available.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Maybe he meant an Anti Aircraft Artillery battery?

Electricity and survival don't seem like opportunities unless you're quite wealthy. Keep it small, portable and hand cranked

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Maybe something like this?

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Listen guys, you managed to simultaneously piss off the ghosts of both Tesla and Westinghouse!

A TV is house current. That's Alternating Current (AC).

Look on a battery, and tell me what type of current it puts out.

I hope nobody even bothered to watch the video, I mean come on.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

Im not sure but I think most, if not all, electronics run off of a DC current.

There is usely a convertor inside that converts the AC to DC.

I think the reason we use AC is because it can travel long distances. Then we convert it back to DC.

The thing im not sure about is what happens when you put a DC current into a AC to DC convertor.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
That was very humorous to anyone who knows anything about electricity.

apc

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
The thing im not sure about is what happens when you put a DC current into a AC to DC convertor.

You mean a wall wart? The older ones are just a transformer with a rectified output and a capacitor to smooth out any leftover ripple. The newer ones use more efficient voltage regulators. Putting low voltage DC into them won't do anything. High voltage DC into the regulated types might work depending on the circuit used.

top topics

join