It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a prophecy regarding Babylon...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to prophecy. But, Is it a big deal that the U.S. now controls the ancient land of Bablyon? Anyone that has any useful info please post it, thanks.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Check out the thread "Bush's Saving Grace".

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The battles of the bible aren't between nations, but rulers. Babylon when refered to in the Book of Revelation is not, I repeat, ISNOT ancient Babylon, but a prophetic metaphor or code for the city of Rome. I have started several threads here on ATS explaining this in detail. The legacy of Babylon is kept alive by the Curia and the Pope. I believe that the neonazis will turn against the Vatican just like Cain slew Abel and destroy the whole city of Rome somehow. Either it is the nazis or I may have to rework my whole understanding of it all or proove something further.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Babylon is described as "a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns." Namely Rome of about 95 A. D. or Babylon is a world unfaithful to God, committing fornication amid a vast traffic of materialism and sensuality. Sound familiar.
Just accept that Revelations is the destruction of Jersualem in about 95A. D.
I forget exact date. And now let's move on to human men with terrible will and power. With insulated secular beliefs formed over generations of incredible accomplishment and disdain for the masses. or I can take a hot shower and come back to my energy sapping computer and have a Coke.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Wow, Hamilton, we were going over the same thing in Church for the past 3 weeks!

Revelation implies that Rome (the kingdom) will still be an empire in today's world. When I first heard this, I assumed the pastor was mistaken and clining to straws. But then I got to thinking. Every one of our planets' name is that of a Roman god. 90% of our laws come out of Rome. Most European languages are latin based. Rome still plays a huge part in the world, 1500 years after it's supposed demise.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
from www.vatican.va... :

THE ROMAN CURIA
In exercising supreme, full, and immediate power in the universal Church, the Roman pontiff makes use of the departments of the Roman Curia which, therefore, perform their duties in his name and with his authority for the good of the churches and in the service of the sacred pastors.
CHRISTUS DOMINUS, 9

Hmmm..... Somehow makes you wonder what it is that they are really doing down there.....

Added: The Roman Curia is the traditional name of the Roman Senate, or rather the House of the Roman Senate; the Senate of C�sar, Kaizer, Beast, choose your language.

And added again: And the word Church has the same etymology as Curiae, which means of the Curia; a senator. As in Greek Kyriakos, Latin Curiae, English Church or Senator. Starting to see the hidden dragon here? Once you learn what words mean statements like this above from the Vatican about the Curia suddenly becomes self evident.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 3-2-2004 by Hamilton]

new topics

top topics

join