It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Order of the Defeated Dragon - Societatis Draconistrarum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

The defeated dragon is a symbol of the destruction of heresy.

As some of you maybe aware this has been accomplished, the Templar Knights have been cleared of all charges of Heresy by Order of the Pope just last month.

Let me lay out some of the connections for you.

The order was created by The Holy Roman Emperor of Hungary and Bohemia, Merovingian King Sigismund I.

Image of Sigismund surrounded by Bloodline Symbology:

From Wiki entry of Order of the Dragon:
"For their symbol, the Order designed an insignia of a dragon with its tail coiled around its neck; on the back of the dragon, from the base of the neck to the tail, is the Red Cross of Saint George, with the entire image on an argent field."

As you can see its very similar to the Oroboros.

The St George's Cross (or Cross of St George) is a red cross on a white background. It is a Flag used by the Templars during the Crusades.

en.wikipedia.org...'s_Cross

Images of St George killing the Dragon !! Defeated Dragon Symbology:

During the Crusades St. George was tortured upon a "Wheel"

See the Connection ?

Its also interesting to quote this bit from Wiki about the Order of the Dragon...

Growth of the Order:

"In 1431, Sigismund chose to expand the ranks of the Order. To achieve this, he invited a number of politically influential and militarily useful vassals and nobles for induction into the Order. Among those inducted was Vlad II, Voivod of Wallachia, who guarded the passes from Transylvania to Wallachia. This membership resulted in Vlad being called Dracul ("The Dragon") and his son being called Draculea ("Son of the Dragon") or Dracula."

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
The connection that I fail to see is the alleged connection between the dragon and heresy. If, for instance, the dragon represents heresy, then why on earth would the Templars use St. George's Cross as their ensign?

join