Fans of the Philadelphia Eagles Thread!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
In the spirit of the Cheese heads having their own thread here at BTS, I thought it only fitting that I give the Iggles their own opportunity.

So let's here it from you Eagles fans here at BTS. I know theres at least one more out there.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Yeah! Now that's what I'm talkin' about! I have my Westbrook Jersey, and my little boy has his McNabb Jersey. I've been an Eagles fan as long as I can remember. Obviously, I must be a glutton for punishment. But I'm loyal, what can I say? They are my Birds!

Oh, and here's some good parentin' and stuff. My little dude says proudly "Dallas s--ks!" Yeah!

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I'm sure one this week. Beat the
Pats!

Chuck Bednarik's on my all-time team. In 1960, he was the last player to not come off the field in an NFL game (vs the Packers), giving Lombardi his only championship game loss.

The Fog Bowl in 1988 vs the Bears. Wild game and one of the most memorable.

Herm Edwards running Pisarcik's (NY Giants) fumble back for a TD at the end of the game in '78. Why Pisarcik tried to hand the ball off rather than taking a knee is one of the most incomprehensible end of game plays I can think of.

Anyway, Beat the
Pats, would ya?

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
Oh, and here's some good parentin' and stuff. My little dude says proudly "Dallas s--ks!" Yeah!

HAHA! Awesome job lombozo!

I'm brining my daughter up the same way. She was wearing her Eagles onsie the day we brought her home from the hospital. Every Sunday I wear my Dawk jersey and she wears her McNabb jersey.

I'm hoping she'll pick up on my constant remarks about Dallas soon as well.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Anyway, Beat the
Pats, would ya?

God I hope so. It's not gonna be an east task by any stretch of the imagination though.

Rest assured I'll be screaming myself hoarse at the television Sunday night though.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I might not be one of the smartest people, but I am smart enough to know that the only way the Eagles will beat the Pats, is if the Pats bus breaks down, catches on fire, and explodes. Then a UFO comes down and abducts the entire team as they stand in the street.

Yep! Then I bet those Eagles would likely win. But I hear that the New England groundskeepers and Hot Dog vendors are pretty feisty

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I might not be one of the smartest people, but I am smart enough to know that the only way the Eagles will beat the Pats, is if the Pats bus breaks down, catches on fire, and explodes. Then a UFO comes down and abducts the entire team as they stand in the street.

Yep! Then I bet those Eagles would likely win. But I hear that the New England groundskeepers and Hot Dog vendors are pretty feisty

Yeah no kidding...

I wonder how much further the odds drop if we start Feeley if McNabb can't go?

...down to about .005% from .025% I would think...

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Hahahaha! The Eagles are 22 point underdogs this week. The largest NFL spread since the Niners were dominant.

McNabb probably will say his ankle hurts and sit out this week. He is probably afraid, after making some rediculous "Patriots Cheat" comments earlier in the year. I am sure the Pats bullentin board has his quotes posted, and the Pats D will sure like the chance to "give Donovan his ring back". There is no way Donovan will man up and play.

The point spread should be somewhere closer to 37 points.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I'm not a fan of the Philadelphia Eagles, but I just have to ask, what in the hell did Santa Claus do to you to make you boo him? Or is it just an old wive's tale?

Peace

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by testrat

As much as I'd like to argue with you over your comments, They're all true......

Wait! It might not be Donovans ankle! It might be his thumb!

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I'm not a fan of the Philadelphia Eagles, but I just have to ask, what in the hell did Santa Claus do to you to make you boo him? Or is it just an old wive's tale?

Peace

No it happened, but no one ever tells the whole story there.

That Santa had it coming...

Philadelphia fans did boo Santa Claus -- well, what was a sad excuse for one, anyway. The original Claus (not Kris Kringle) failed to report, and the replacement was a skinny, drunken fan from the crowd at an Eagles game.

Stumbling around making a bad name for Santa...he had it coming big time.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Yeah, well, it could happen!!

If Appalachian State can go into Michigan's stadium and beat 'em straight up...

C'mon, work with me here.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   

reply to post by testrat

As much as I'd like to argue with you over your comments, They're all true......

Wait! It might not be Donovans ankle! It might be his thumb!

It's all true sadly.

However, it wouldn't make any difference who we brought in at QB right now. Lurie won't pay to bring in any true #1 receivers or anyone else. Theres too much pressure on that position here, always has been.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Peace

Hey let's get it all straight. We not only booed him, but we threw snowballs at him from the stands.

The best booing without projectiles involved was when there was scavenger hunt for a bunch of kids. When the announcer said let's hear it for everyone, we booed the little kids who didn't find anything.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'm only posting in this thread so that everytime you Eagles fans open it up to read, you'll have to see my Steeler avatar and profile.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Well, I guess snowballs are better than the beer bottles Giants fans were throwing onto the field.

Let me remind you Philly fans, hell....forget me, let Sam Wyche remind you...

Peace

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I'm only posting in this thread so that everytime you Eagles fans open it up to read, you'll have to see my Steeler avatar and profile.

I have news for you. The only way Big Ben defeats the Pats is through the link below.

www.geocities.com...

Some Steelers fans need to get out of their parents basements. Oh ya, arrow keys to move, space bar to shoot.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
As a Packer fan I hate the Eagles because of the 4th and 26th game.

But...

As a Packer fan I LOVE the Eagles because Reggie White decided to leave Philadelphia and come to Green Bay.

R.I.P. Reggie.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Musky

Right on

4th and 26.....:shk:

Reggie White

R.I.P. Reggie

I hope the Eagles beat the Patriots, but I seriously doubt they will. I picked the Eagles to go against that spread though. 23 points is way out there.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The Bagels... :shk:

new topics

<<   2 >>

join