It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird object spotted by Opportunity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
trust me, its not there. The "object" total height was about 4" inches. It would show up clearly in photos that were taken of the same area. But its gone now

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
If you live in or around a desert a while you would notise that the dunes aren't lying still. They move, and every morning new things come out of the sand, uncovered by the wind. Old skulls, pieces of wood, debris, rubble and rocks. This picture of that thingy looking like a horned skull seems to me like something which can proove this whole mission is either recorded in a desert somewhere on Earth. Either that or the animals which supposedly lived on Mars looked strikingly similar to our own animals.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
There was a "Dart" shaped object in that spot that you are pointing to.

The white thing in that picture was an arrow added by darklanser
Just kidding

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
So is/was it just white or has it a colour?????

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
surrounding bedrock/ ash but has more of a yellow and orange tint, like something you would expect to see on a seashell or a worm.

In comparison the "other" objects, like the dart and the bannana type object on the tread mark have more of a white and blue tint with a strong magenta cast near the sand, which leads us to believe that there are mettalic in nature and more then likely are fragments from the landing system.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
trust me, its not there. The "object" total height was about 4" inches. It would show up clearly in photos that were taken of the same area. But its gone now

if you say so mate, its your project. YOu know better than i.

Rob, I am suprised you have noit tried to email NASA to see what they have to say. YOu may get your face on the front pages.

I know you may think it is a lost cause but it woudl be interesting to know that they have at least acknowledged it.

I will be hovering around this thread.

Good luck!!

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hamilton
If you live in or around a desert a while you would notise that the dunes aren't lying still. They move, and every morning new things come out of the sand, uncovered by the wind. Old skulls, pieces of wood, debris, rubble and rocks. This picture of that thingy looking like a horned skull seems to me like something which can proove this whole mission is either recorded in a desert somewhere on Earth. Either that or the animals which supposedly lived on Mars looked strikingly similar to our own animals.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

so you're saying that the sand covered up the 4 inch high object, but somehow left the airbag impressions? i dont buy it.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Rense has been talking about this.

Check thsi page, very interesting!

www.rense.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Why would this move by the government not surprise me, IF it's true. I won't deny there is something there, as robertfenix has been claiming. We, cannot be sure, but maybe there already is a coverup happening. Guess we'll see what happens...

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The rense article above says that the rover ran over the object in question. Can anyone verify this? I don't believe that has been mentioned in this thread. I'm disappointed that NASA has neglected to examine this object or let us know about their findings.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
But they did exam it. There are a butt-load of images of this thing. Now, are you saying they didn't get the microscopic camera on it? That I don't know if they did or not, but they definitely spent time on this thing.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Martian roadkill...then again did NASA really run over it? Not that I think we will get any confirmation from NASA on this...

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
No, if it was run down it would appear in the images from the forward hazcam.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
It appears they sent the rover toward the object and perhaps photographed it with the micro-cam. If so why didn't they post the photographs online? I think we all know the answer.

The only other possibility is that wind blew it away.

Here's my thesis about NASA: If credible UFO reports are true, and these object really do exist, which I sincerely believe is the case, then perhaps NASA is only a front-institution for the collection of military intelligence. The whole civilian space exploration thing is a public relations cover for what goes on behind the scenes and is used to help justify the expense involved in collecting data.

[Edited on 7-2-2004 by Condorcet]

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
But they did exam it. There are a butt-load of images of this thing. Now, are you saying they didn't get the microscopic camera on it? That I don't know if they did or not, but they definitely spent time on this thing.

I haven't looked through all of the images so I may have overlooked an explanation of this object or even a brief description of it. I've only seen pictures of it in a couple of threads. Some rocks found on Mars have been named, but I haven't noticed much attention given to this particular object. Perhaps it's because I'm hard to please, but I expect some sort of feedback.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Condorcet
Here's my thesis about NASA: If credible UFO reports are true, and these object really do exist- which I sincerely believe is the case, then perhaps NASA is only a front-institution for the collection of military intelligence. The whole civilian space exploration thing is a Public Relations cover for what goes on behind the scenes.

You're not alone in wondering that, Condorcet. Like any other government-sponsored program, there will almost always be things we (the general public) are shown and things we aren't.

Communications errors, broken rovers and lost satellites -- it could all be a simple way of finding time and opportunity (no pun intended) to conduct other testing. I'm not saying this has to be the case, but it's a possibility.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CondorcetThe whole civilian space exploration thing is a Public Relations cover for what goes on behind the scenes.

Sure it is! Who is going to dispute a noted scientist or a project leader standing in front of a red...err...blue NASA logo. Of course they can say or claim anything they want about the current rovers, Spirit and Opportunity and the public will eat it up. Unless of course you are a forumgoer from ATS.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

Okay check out the view of the back shell and parachute that is 440 meters away from the crater. See in the color picture that the ground appears to be absolutly flat between those two points.

But look in the overhead shot (b/w) that has the distance meter. See anything under the white line ?

Like maybe a black hole that has no crater. Something similar to a borrow.

there is another one down and to the right of the first. See how its irregular in shape but very dark?

Curious huh ?

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Hmmm...

Do these look familiar ?

tektitesource.com...

Scroll down to the bottom pictures...

Not saying it is, not saying it isn't, just looks close to the anomalous thing in the pic...

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
yoda it does or did look like one of those fulgurites.......

HOWEVER, if it was something like that, why didn't NASA just say "hey look we found a fulgurite????"

It would be an amazing find, for a geologist especially, since it would be the first real martian fulgurite found. wouldn't it?

Why is there no further pictures, info or any mention being made of the object. And where is it now???? Glass wouldn't be blown away, would it?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join