It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird object spotted by Opportunity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
the bedrock was blown apart by the impact of something, thats why its a crater.

The object we are talking about "was" on top of the sand and is no longer there

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Look at the little scaly bastard, whatever it is. Look at the sand all around it. That's what I'm commenting on.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
well whatever it is its not there now, but NASA is REALLY interested in sticking that microscopic camera in that area.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The "thing" is a real object that we should be trying to locate.

Either to prove or disprove what it was. If it was debris then they should be looking around for where it went off to. If it was alive then they should be looking for traces that it was alive.

Hence why are they using the microscope in that location right now.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The truth about the object? We will never know. As usual, it will be surpressed and we will be fed some BS story. Why expect anything different?

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
SOL 7 - Front hazcam

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

ITS NOT THERE ANYMORE. SOL 7 would have been taken after the 360 pan shot of SOL 2

ITS NOT THERE, ITS NOT THERE

IT MUST HAVE MOVED....

I found it. The SOL 7 cam has shifted way left of the object. The object is now on the far right of the cam. I've pointed to it in this image.

It's faint, but it's there.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
good find darklanser

perhaps now we can rule out if the "crab thingy" moved or not.

perhaps its a dead "martian crab thingy"?

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
There was a "Dart" shaped object in that spot that you are pointing to.

That we have agreed came from the lander due to its color spectrum.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Its a little too early to be deciding that this has anything to do with life on mars. It could be debris from the landing or the pyrotechnic devices used to release the Rover after landing. Or hell if you look at the .tif there are plenty of other similarly colored objects around without this funky shape, it could just be an odd-shaped rock. At the moment I think its a little more sensible to look into those possibilities first.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
just debris, ITS NOT THERE, why do you think the rover is in that spot right now panning to each side examining the sand there. The only thing NASA is saying is "look and the round pebbles in the sand"

If it was debris then it should still be there right ? They should comment on it right ? They should be saying oh that odd thing in the sand was just this. BUT they have not, they dont know what to say right now and are trying to figure out what and where it came from and to rule out anything that might be biological in nature.

Hell they might already know, but are suppressing it because they have no idea where it went to. It could be sitting underneath the landing platfrom for all we know right now, taking advantage of the shade.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   

It could be sitting underneath the landing platfrom for all we know right now, taking advantage of the shade.

Oh my! I nearly laughed my arse off after reading the quote above! Thanks!

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
when are people gonna figure this out? NASA is not on the little guy's side.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   

just debris, ITS NOT THERE, why do you think the rover is in that spot right now panning to each side examining the sand there. The only thing NASA is saying is "look and the round pebbles in the sand"

If it was debris then it should still be there right ? They should comment on it right ? They should be saying oh that odd thing in the sand was just this. BUT they have not, they dont know what to say right now and are trying to figure out what and where it came from and to rule out anything that might be biological in nature.

Hell they might already know, but are suppressing it because they have no idea where it went to. It could be sitting underneath the landing platfrom for all we know right now, taking advantage of the shade.

Now why would NASA go into more detail about this creature...err...anomoly? They have no idea what it is. Chances are we will never find out either...

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   

not on the little guy's side.

The thing is that its not an unknown occurance for the little guy to be a moron.

An important aspect of Denying Ignorance is being aware of what you don't or can't know. All we know now is what we can see in that photo, which is very little. I don't think anything has moved, if it did it would make an even stronger case for some light debris being blown around. As far as we know its impossible for any anaerobic creature to move that fast under its own power.

It really is somewhat foolish to go running off making conclusions about what this is or isn't without even considering alternatives.

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by Kano]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
impossible to move that fast, the whole crater is only 66 feet across, we are talking about a field of view that is less then 20 feet and if you think its impossible for a living thing to move more than 20 feet in 5 DAYS, then you are out of your mind.

Even if it was a spider or an ant, it could move more then 20 feet in under a minute.

We are talking about something that is possible 3 to 5 inches in length not being able to move more then 20 feet in a matter of days.

How ridiculous is that statement.

I dont know what it is, it WAS in the picture and now ITS NOT, nor is it anywhere else in the crater that we can see.

When the rover first spotted in on SOL 2 NASA took several shots of it and if you look close in the matter of seconds the "apandages" changed shape, one of them pulled back and altered the shape of the "white blotch" in the B/W raw images. Why do you think they spent so many shots on the object and why is it not in any shots of the SAME AREA NOW. And why are they so focused on examining the area with the microscope, the same area that the object ONCE was.

You my friend have been decieved by the "program" to not question, to not think, to not draw any conculsions unless they are told to you.

I have no problem with stating that the "object" is not debris, that the "object" is possibly a life form of some type. Considering after all ITS NOT THERE ANYMORE, while the other identified objects are still in the locations that they were first found.

And if I am wrong so be it, but at least people have begun to question and hypothesis the possibility of what it could be and what its behaviour could be like, which might give us clues on how to find it.

Why do you think they want to dig a hole in the sand with one of the rovers wheels ?

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kano

The thing is that its not an unknown occurance for the little guy to be a moron.

Perfect!!

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Rob. You keep stating that "it isnt there anymore" but hasnt DarkLanser found and marked it perfectly well?

I think this is a very interesting feature, for the record.

I am looking forward to seeing what you lot find and decide and what NASA states. But, I am not willing to tell all my mates, next time we are in teh pub, that we have found conclusive proof of life on Mars "or it could be a ripped off part of the lander".

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   

impossible to move that fast, the whole crater is only 66 feet across, we are talking about a field of view that is less then 20 feet and if you think its impossible for a living thing to move more than 20 feet in 5 DAYS, then you are out of your mind.

For an oxygen breathing creature its nothing I agree. But its a bloody long way for an anaerobic creature. An important distinction you might like to take into consideration.

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by Kano]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Click here to see photo:

us.f1.yahoofs.com...!+Photo+Album/slice03.jpg?grL1EJABDT08LbIZ

I wonder if this Sol5 NavCam image was taken before or after the colored Panorama shot. Perhaps the object is just to the right of the Sol5 image offscreen. I know of someone who emailed JPL about the object and haven't yet received any response.

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by Condorcet]

here's the Sol 5 black & white image

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by Condorcet]

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 04:53 AM
link   
if you look about a screen to the right of the rabbit, u'll see a sharks tooth.
we're onto somethin here!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join