It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOIA: Tucumcari, New Mexico 27MAR49 Sighting Investigation Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
NM_MAR_27_1949.pdf
27MAR49 Tucmcari, New Mexico Sighting Investigation
Appears to be Incident 287, Investigative Report of a sighting in Tucumcari, New Mexico on Mar 27, 1949

Document date: 1949-03-27
Department: Unknown
Author: Various
Document type: Investigation
pages: 24

Archivist's Notes: As a whole this file is poor in quality with much of the file only slightly legible. It is difficult to ascertain any results or determinations into this sighting. Numerous witness reports are included and the descriptions varies from a pencil shape to a kite shaped and duration of the events from 10 mins to 25 minutes. A letter from Doyle Rees confirms no known jet aircraft in the vicinity of Tucumcari at the time of the sighting.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
not much else to add. the witnesses were drawn to some other people looking up at an amber coloured solid looking object which was long, narrow and cylindrical which was positioned 60 degrees above the horizon and remained there around 30 minutes.

it dived steeply and returned to it's original position several times and eventually it headed west and faded out. the witnesses appear to have been a police officer, a young boy, a postmaster and a newspaper editor. page 13 shows a letter stating that no known aircraft were in that area at the time and further investigation was to take place.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This document is indeed very difficult to read and does not seem to say much of anything in the parts that are legible, other than that it is not an "official" report of any kind until more investigation is completed.

As an aside, I thought I read or saw on Discovery Channel or somewhere that the people working on the Dead Sea Scrolls have some sort of enhancement software for clearing up faded documents such as this.

Is there any possibility that there is such a program, and if so, does anyone know what it is? I will do some research on Google and see what I can come up with. It's probably too expensive anyway, but if it exists, it would be a nice tool to have.

join