It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dump the Dollar, China State TV Tells Viewers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Actually the Chinese are doing unfair practices right now with their Yuan, the currency manipulation has been allow to go on for years with the US just standing there and letting them do it.

Why? I really am looking for the answer to that one.

How close is a U.S. banking crisis?

www.theglobeandmail.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
As a Chinese, I strongly oppose the low exchange rate policy
adopted by Chinese government, that is too stupid.
when we Chinese go abroad and exchange our currency to yours,
the purchasing power of our money shrinks to about 25% compare
to that in China.
but when your people come to China, the purchasing power of your
money increase to 4 times compare to that in your country.
So even very poor American goes to China, he will find himself
a richman, that is unfair.
I hope your government leave no means untried to force Chinese
government to appreciate its currency.

[edit on 24-11-2007 by gs001]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by gs001

Well this ensure that while Chinese products are seek and bought by our nation's consumer US goods are left in the shells in China to die or be covered by dust because the Chinese can not afford them.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Agree,Some one in this thread believe Chinese leader smart, but actually they are not.
If Chinese government insist on its stupid low exchange rate policy,
we Chinese will always play as cheap labor in the world, and will always have no
motivity to produce high tech, high quality and creative product.
and we also won't afford the cost of importing high tech and advanced management to China.
that will not only hurt the international trade balance but also harm our own future.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gs001

Actually hove you read about the complains by US on China's spying on US technologies.

I have never seen the Chinese as stupid or undereducated I think that historically the Chinese deserve the respect of the entire world because their history is as ancient as the middle east.

China is producing far Superior technology do to the greedy outsourcing of US companies.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Maybe both of them don't have a plan at all!! So this will all come down to "luck".
I don't feel the Chinese deserve to win. They are "slackers", they are very slow to reform everything.
Historically, Americans definitely the better of the two.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
chineese surpress Yuan to keep their export markets thriving, at the expense of their citizens quality of life.

want to see the future look at china over last decade.

as united states, and europe and canada get hit by a credit crisis that spreads like a cancer througout all credit outlets and the GDP and stock markets fall, consumer spending will tank (we shall have war also unless cheney is impeached but that is another matter :flame
then china and the rest of the world will change roles.

china's currency will rise, increasing the purchasing power of the citizens, as well as making them more of consumers, this will be necessary as there exports will be hampered.

the credit crisis will cause financial and poverty problems globally.

people should not look for rate cuts to stop the credit crisis, their are many reputable sources and memo's that state that credit lending will be inelastistic to even many rate cuts, due to the current enviornement (credit crisis) the fed fund's target rate may go to zero.

don't laugh Bernanke and the boys saw this *potential* a long time ago, as they have dedicated about 8 essays to cover exactly how to act after intrest rates hit zero and nothing has improved. One such essay is dedicated to such "alternative measures" as "money rains" and yes that means exactly how it sounds
in order to increase domestic demand.

p.s the idiots in congress trying to get china to revalue it's currency is BEGGING for CONSUMER price inflation for chinese imports big time....

[edit on 24-11-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Actually hove you read about the complains by US on China's spying on US technologies.

firstly, every country spy on other, such things can't be put on table.:-)
secondly, I don't think "free" people don't get distorted information
from "free" meida and whatnot.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
The debtor eventually come to collect the debt.....It is just a matter of time...And if anyone thinks we can magically just pay all of our debts off with "phony" daollars backed by nothing but debt and "IOU's" if you ask me I believe the daollar has already fallen....I dont understand how people actually believe it is dropping in value....When it has no value in the first place.......

Some one is just buying time...And i bet the politicians dont get an ounce of sleep at night....Wondering if the people will wake up and catch on to the scam.......

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

I have a great Idea, dump china. No one should trade with a country who works their prisoners to death just to harvest their organs!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I agree with you on that we fought a war on slavery but yet we deal with countries that promote slavery for production of their junk.....And we the American people buy that same junk with our hard earned dollar "monopoly money" that will hurt our kids and kill our animals.....

If the USD was worth anything why would we be in debt....It has already fallen they are just keeping us asleep at the wheel......

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by rockets red glare

where have you heard this nonsense from?

too appaled to speak anything. PLEASE keep a close eye on China by yourself rather than listening those scam produced by the western media backed by some interest groups with vicious intentions.

China might be not so much democratic or justice but absolutely not lack of sympathy and love.

OK, it is futile to argue this. i give up. LET IT BE!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Sentinel 1

it is not that China produced the "junk" but your american firms designed that "junk". right?

who is importer? who is the custom responsible for inspection? if china's goods are not quality enough, why can them go into american market?

china's low cost labors manufacture those low price products to contribute america consumer price index keep a low level. that is beneficial,right?

those labors might be not work in a circumstance compared to america's, but that never means slavery let alone the condition has been improved much in the past and even further in the future. it is a development process, just as the earlier times in USA.

god eyes on us with conscience.

serenity!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Yea having mobile organ harvestors is real sympathetic.....And if anyone is naive enough to think our dollar is worth more than the paper it is printed on honestly needs to quit drinking the kool aid......

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Yea I guess our manufacturers agreed to have lead as part of their ingrediants and poisons to kill our pets.....Furthermore it is not the American peoples choice to have Chinese product come flooding across our borders it is our greedy politicians which allow themselves to be bought off by big buisiness.....Furthermore I guess haveing to work in sweat shops to you is good for the workers....And working 18 hours a day without pay or very little is good for workers aswell.....

Also you might wana check with little tykes I seen they hire Americans and keep jobs here in America....With good pay and treat their workers good aswell.....

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
i cant ignore those things you mentioned. but i dont think that is mainstream,particulaly in these recent years.

a newly Labor Law has been passed this year and will go into effect soon. worker's right will get even better protection, i guess. why the media didnt report this while just hype those alarmingly things with a selective way? what is benefit to stir up the hostilities between our two nations?

an objective attitude is the basic need for china.
maybe the justice only is confined within america, for other nations, it is a different story.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Our mainstream is lousy but with the internet we do not have to rely on it alone for information.....Atleast that is not where I get all of mine anyway.....And I think the only hope China has for good labor is to get rid of the Communist regime.....Otherwise you just work for the state.....Dont get me wrong it is not the people of China I have a problem with it is.....Their government and our own government I have trouble with and I dont think it is a big secret that they do not get along very well.....There is that little territorial thing with Taiwan and Russia making deals with China and having private wargames together that is making the American people a little edgy these days.....Not to mention our unfair trade practices that our govt. has let happen and will not fix.....It just seems as if we are just letting China do as they will so they will not pull the plug on us......

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   
as a matter a fact, i can understand all the differences occured well since i can use internet also with a not bad english.

the only hope for me is that no matter how the political circumstance changes, chinese people never want be hostile to any nation. this kind of peace-loving character is determined by our culture because we had experienced so many turmoils in history. we deeply know the adversity arised from way or hostility and honestly cherish friendship and peace.

In china, also there are some cynical persons arguing about war. but all of them have a premise that china is invaded in the core interest. In general, they all love peace and want make friend with other nations. in this basis, all the differences can be narrowed through negotiation. we really hope those medias have a opjective attitude and act as a constructive role to strenthen the future ties between china and outside. in this sense, all the critic and suggestions are welcome.

hope you not recoginized me as some kind of propagandist by Chincom. that is a stupid idea for china and you also.

i'd got to go home now.
peace.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Naw I dont think you are part of a group that is trieing to trick us in anyway lol....As I said most of us regular people have nothing against the Chinese people as a whole it is our govenrments that neither of us should trust they are both a bit on the shady side if you want my oppinion.....And as for you english no problemo I have no idea about chinese language either.....And my english is a bit shaky aswell lol......Nice chattin with ya.....We can all hope for peace and prosperity.....If we are going to live in a good world...

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sentinel 1
Our mainstream is lousy but with the internet we do not have to rely on it alone for information.....Atleast that is not where I get all of mine anyway.....And I think the only hope China has for good labor is to get rid of the Communist regime.....Otherwise you just work for the state.....Dont get me wrong it is not the people of China I have a problem with it is.....Their government and our own government I have trouble with and I dont think it is a big secret that they do not get along very well.....There is that little territorial thing with Taiwan and Russia making deals with China and having private wargames together that is making the American people a little edgy these days.....Not to mention our unfair trade practices that our govt. has let happen and will not fix.....It just seems as if we are just letting China do as they will so they will not pull the plug on us......

unfortunately, Chinese "Communist regime" did good job in China
these several decades, to your disappointment, surveys show most of
Chinese satisfy with their work and don't want "to get rid of the
Communist regime".
I guess after China replace USA and becomes NO.1 in the world,
Chinese people maybe will consider to accept a democratic regime.

[edit on 27-11-2007 by gs001]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join