It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dump the Dollar, China State TV Tells Viewers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Savings returns? Hmrph, you're one of few Karl! I read that the savings rate of the U.S. (in a newspaper) is lower then great depression figures. The stat was amazing, I gotta look for that.

I think people are more along the lines of how much worse can the interest rates get? Fed reserve 'target' rates are a joke, when the CC companies can make fortunes on up-to 36% interest for those foreclosed and in serious debt.

Only Ron Paul can solve this -- Hill? She's a real care-giver, in her 'statement' for oil --- she'll 'invest' 50$b in alt sources and take from the SPR. Here's where I'd call the Senator a lying. . ..

Lastly, the Google takeover of the 'IT' (insert noun) has been hurting Americans, at 700$+ a share -- small start-ups have no shot at competing, let alone being used.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Well just looking at it. What is the loss on lets say 1 trillion dollars if the Chinese bought it in 2005 to 2006 and sold it today?

They would loose about 1 trillion Yuan in buying a stronger dollar and selling it weak. At about 7.5 Yuan to the dollar they would loose 133 billion dollars in the transaction.

The weakness of the dollar has a lot to do with our spending in the trillions on these wars and once that is cleaned up the dollar will grow once again and the chinese will still be out of 133 billion.

Makes me think of the Japanese in the 70s and 80s when their tried to buy the world. All that happened was 10 years later they ended up selling the world at a huge loss.

[edit on 21-11-2007 by Xtrozero]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
quotes.ino.com...

above you can see the "strength of the dollar" and check it live

it is close to it's all time low of 74.9 (from a week ago)

the dollar is a fallin.

the fed is between a rock and a hard place. well for them , either crash stock market or prop up dollar and ease price increases on domestic businesses, at the expense of the sheeple seeing the financial markets crasah and panic and stop spending.

It will be a long winter. I really hope and pray something happens to turn this around, but we still have another year plus before R. Paul has a chance to get in white house, and 2008 will go down as one of the most sobering years for large numbers of people

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Let thanks their improved and more sofisticate technology to their ability now on getting first hands on our technology without having to spy to get it of spend money to pay for it.

Incredible how stupid can our goverment be looking for cheap labor oversea.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Little input from here.

For my living I buy and sale industrial valves, I have been doing this for 15 years.
Back then , my main supplier (70% of my buying) where from US. Good stuff, good spare part and very good prices.
Now today, I cant buy American product because of many restriction like tonnes of paper for the immigration regarding the end user and so many other unnecessary delay. My main supply now is from Europe, mainly UK, France and Germany. Don’t be fool the best price for this kind of industrial product is usually cast or forged in China and manufactured in Europe. So then all this factory can put they EURO stamp in to it and sale them as such.
What I can say about Chinese product is that they are not yet to any acceptable standard, I am talking about a finished product from China, having said this it will not take many years before they will reach the western technology standard. How can you have a world economy with only one country manufacturing for the rest...doesn't make sense...to me any way.
I have no idea why it has happen, how come US product was back then beating all other competitor because of quality and prices. American technology has not change or degraded for sure. Now it almost seems like US government don’t want they citizen to sale a broad.
Dos this trend is inflected by purpose?

Kacou

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

this has been discussed on pravda english forum several times and taking into consideration the medicare and other social benefits outstanding costs it is 60 trillion $ +

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by kacou

yes you are right but the problem is with our weapons technology, this was in the news yesterday,

Report: China’s Spying #1 threat to U.S. Tech

www.infosecnews.org...

Official report.

www.uscc.gov...

The report follows the test shooting down of a satellite by a Chinese
long-range missile, revealed by the Pentagon in January, and this week's
admission that America was itself developing a new generation of
space-based weaponry.

It seems that their technology is becoming very sophisticated and if they get to test first then they are ahead of us.

The bipartisan report said that there were national security
implications to the transfer of technology to Chinese companies.
"Sophisticated weapon platforms are coming off production lines at an
impressive pace and with impressive quality," it said.

Should we be worry, yes we should because they are getting no only better economically but also it seems militarily.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kacou

What I can say about Chinese product is that they are not yet to any acceptable standard, I am talking about a finished product from China, having said this it will not take many years before they will reach the western technology standard. How can you have a world economy with only one country manufacturing for the rest...doesn't make sense...to me any way.
I have no idea why it has happen, how come US product was back then beating all other competitor because of quality and prices. American technology has not change or degraded for sure. Now it almost seems like US government don’t want they citizen to sale a broad.
Dos this trend is inflected by purpose?

Kacou

I can tell you I would really like to see Mexico and other countries south of us take a big cut into the Chinese manufacturing. Not only would it spread out who makes what, but also it should be made just as cheap but much closer to home.

The big part would be for American countries to gain benifits from building factories in those countries and the US government could do that by off sets taxes from those countries for a set number of years.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

The numbers could be in the $100s of trillion range, that, I don't doubt... my point earlier about 'helicopter' Bernake dropping money is as a solution -- it does nothing for the people foreclosing. All he's doing is helping (private) banks, this doesn't do anything but add to the debt in the long run and worsen that through interest rates in the short. Now, the banks get their holiday bonuses, rig the numbers a little, post-holidays -- 'fiscal reckoning' like *they* threaten often.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
helicopter ben is a bit of a misnomer

kind of like the "injections" of liquidity for the banks or the fed adds 50 billion to banking industry.

if you look at the FOMC repo's you will see they are temporary! sure they renew the loans, when the old one's expire, but this is not adding money to the banking industry, it is loaning it for a short amount of time.

Ben bernanke is famous for his deflation "could it happen here" speech and how he vows to not let "deflation" happen again, and ya da ya da.

from this speech the name helicopter ben was passed around in the media like it was something that needed to be engrained into investor sentiment

has it ever occured that Ben Bernanke is devaluing the dollar to ensure consumer prices do not decline as the Credit collapse/crunch (deflation of credit unwinds) and picks up steam.

he was not talking about deflation in terms of asset values (houses, stocks) he was talking about consumer price levels IMO. and most of the public is misled. he was telling the multi nationals deflation will not happen here, you know the large mutli nationals that sell the necessity's food, clothing, energy, etc. devaluing the dollar keeps prices steady ( rising also) even during a credit crunch and credit deflation.

all the media talk of fed printing like mad, is misleading because they often cite figures which include credit increases lumped in, credit can and does evaporate because it can't expand upward forever, especially when consumers are up to their ears in debt.

[edit on 21-11-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
what would this mean? well i have said central banks would not be happy with fiat being worthless and people storing their savings in something the bankers know is real wealth aka gold. a world wide credit crisis and unwinding/deflation of credit amount will drop asset values, aka stocks, commodities, gold ,etc with gold possibly being more stable since people know it is a store of wealth. also people will become slaves to their debt because deflation is a form of debt inflation. government would in this situation have their debt moneterized as the feds and *foreign dollar holders* buys up "railroads, building and whatever else is of value (at buying opportunity of a lifetime prices) , so gov't debt may decline and be moneterized. again this is my opinion, and with the lack of more people stating these thing's publicly i am not as sure of my comments as usual, and i would like some commentary regarding these concerns, if anyone could

also, sure every fiat currency prior to 1900 has ended up destroyed and often prior to a country's demise, but this is before the DAWN of CREDIT, and with credit society's it is credit that is destroyed not fiat (because fiat destruction usually leads to gov't destruction) and imo the only reason fiat will be exterminated is due to civil unrest and the promise that all credit society (cash and asset holdings will go onto chip which acts like a debit card that get loaded ) will reduce the unrest from the ensuing unemployment and stock market crashes, along side slow to steady rising real costs of living.

again their may be some weakness in these arguments, but i think foreign dollar holders like thte chinese may wait for asset prices to decline sharply w/ the credit implosion along with (carlyle group type's) and go on a shopping spree aka america for sale.

[edit on 21-11-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockets red glare

don't worry pal, the american economy is byond strong. The dollar is another thing. We could pay off our short turm debt in short order if need be. I am sure the thought of the american economy collapsing would thrill dictators and athoritarian thugs everywhere but, let me put your mind at ease, IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

The dollar may not be going away anytime soon according to this article. So you may be right in some aspect,but it is in trouble that much is very true.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

You people are right China has been attacking US for a long time since free trade and Globalization made possible for US corporate to outsource to that nation.

They are smart and they know that militarily it will be impossible to target America, but they are doing it economically and they are been very successful at it due to America's greed and hunger for consumerism.

And don't forget the chinese attacks against America's most vulnerable people - the children - by lacing every child product they export to the U.S. with lead (and now GBH the date rape drug). The chinese are a very patient people. Apparently, they decided they can wait until the generation they've helped dumb down with lead poison assumes positions of leadership.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

You are right, that is why their best learning tool is the Art of war they have patience and they are reaching the last threshold in steps to supremacy with stealing technology from the adversaries.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Can you imagine if they start to finance terrorism around the world. Then we would not be worrying anymore about evil Islamic terrorist but a new breed of terror.

But we all know that this will not happen they are having a great time taking Americas economy down.

Terrorism is not a focus for them because terrorists- and I mean the real ones- are very scattered and unorganized the grand scheme of things- in other words they are very minor distractions. As you have so eloquently stated- our government has sold us out and are taking their big companies abroad to leave us in an economic wasteland and quite ripe for any foreign invasion.

Our military might has been seriously weakened by its own moral and if broken down even farther with a pointless war raging on in Iraq, another war likely to spread to Iran- we will not be able to defend ourselves- so our dutiful government keeps the race wars raging in our own streets in the hopes that the patriotic American who still believes in a right to bear arms will give up those arms to silence the wars on our own soil and in our own streets- this way a foreign invader can more easily take over. All the big brother who are supposed to be protecting us will be sunning themselves on a beach in Dubai- while we get marched into camps and get stripped of the last of our possessions.

They will not stop until they have it all- and history has shown this over and over ad nauseum.

Like you said, this is our patriotic karma and is likely the solution to dissolve our extreme debts.

China is a rapacious country of conscious less consumers who have one element that America lacks and that is a calculated patience which even Job would be envious of.

Checkmate! Of course the formation of the North American Union and the introduction of the Amero would cancel the dollar and the Chinese would get stuck out in the cold- they are fully aware of this possibility which is why they continually work to destabilize our economy. This unfortunate strategy will only prolong the game- its not a winning strategy.

Although I believe we could start over- but the NAU is not the way to go about it. It certainly seems that this is the solution which our administration is working on. And it will fail.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
You talk about China being so strong and having the US by the balls.

If you look closely at China, they have major problems of their own. They are oppressive, have heavily polluted water and air in many places, are running into a major drought, have a crippled infrastructure, have fuel shortages all over the country, have a archaic medical system and cannot innovate any technology.

They are good at mass production due to their slave labor mentality, but they only copy what you give them. They are a full generation behind the west in technical prowess.

I know hand that Taiwan, US and Japan is where to design the product the right way. Even producing high tech equipment in China is troublesome because of a lack of technical understanding or experience, but labor cost is so low it compels corporations to do it anyway.

They’ll keep quiet and play nice until they steal all our technology and eventually through us out.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
From the site greatdreams.com
Take it for what it's worth...and leave the rest.

I know that there's a planned war between the US and China scheduled for late 2008. This is also geopolitical and not concerned with Black Ops as such. These were both just events that I got to hear about in passing. I have no detailed information about them.

Q. You mean that China and the US are working together to stage a war?

A. The Pentagon started the planning in 1998. You have to understand that China and the US are hand in glove with everything. This war is a joint op between the US and China. Most wars are set up that way and have been for a while. You want something else that's just unpleasant to hear? I also heard from someone who was serving in a unit that worked with missiles deployed for testing in the Pacific and the Far East. The missiles were shipped to the test location in very tightly- sealed containers, very secure, hermetically sealed. After the tests, the container would be shipped back, sealed the same way, but empty, supposedly empty. On one occasion, this guy was present when a container was opened. It wasn't empty. It was filled with bags of white powder.

www.greatdreams.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Every day someone predicts our economic demise. Mostly lying Politicians trying to scare people into voting for them. Sometimes other countries lying trying to scare us for some insidious reason. Often hate mongers who see this as a jab in the eye to their imaginary opponent. Sadly sometimes Americans who are very misinformed or who are trying to fabricate evidence to support some brain-dead cause. You know, the same people who preach Freedom of Speech and then won't allow people they don't agree with to speak. The Loony Tunes who storm stages at Universities and yell crazy stuff over loud speakers to deny others Freedom of Speech.

The later seem to be the source of this phony gloom and doom lately. Now other countries have used this as a weapon in Public Opinion against us. These crazed extremists have become the source of self fulfilling prophecy. Their lies have become common ammunition for our enemies.

Take the time to look up the charts on Trade Deficits. Then compare our wealth per capita to the rest of the world. America and in fact all of the Western Industrialized World is in no danger of an economic collapse. Even though we suffer highs and lows, our current low is still better than most of the 40 years preceding the Clinton Administration when the you know what Party ran the Congressional Show.

While you are perusing the Trade Deficits, imagine if we were to stop buying Chinese Products? Some would say they will sell to other countries. Not so. What other country would destroy their own economy without need just to hurt us. If they hurt us they hurt themselves. Look at what that tiny pseudo-boycott of France did to them.

The dollars value was artificially lowered to combat the swiftly approaching problem of inflation. It could be turned the other direction and will be when the threat of out of control inflation has passed. In the mean time, those who hate America will continue with the daily Mantra that our economy is soon to collapse. When it does not, I'll bet they don't come back and apologize. They will find a new Mantra of Hate to spew forth. Haters hate and they have to have a target even if they have to fabricate one.

[edit on 11/21/2007 by Blaine91555]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockets red glare

I am sure the thought of the american economy collapsing would thrill dictators and athoritarian thugs everywhere but, let me put your mind at ease, IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

If the American economy collapsed, who would give all these authoritarian countries their military budgets?

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Hmm seems that it could go either way really... The US could have been created as a scapegoat from the very beggining enabling these fat cats to get super obesse when the economy crashes.

Heres a quick thought... What if the American public all put $10,000 each into a bank account and payed off some of the debt themselves? Surely that would ease the pressure a bit giving the economy a fighting chance?

But then again I can't see Americans giving up 10g willy nilly, most of em dont even know they are on the brink of a massive recession.

[edit on 21-11-2007 by ka0s69]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join